Flightaware and N111UT...bound for Stillwater.

Currie should be relegated to commercial flights in economy class seating for the rest of his (hopefully brief) time at Tennessee.

He makes this hire? He’s untouchable. Doubt they were ever going to pay him more NOT to be the AD anyway...per his contract.

Reactions: 1 person
It's 2017. You'd think they'd have something a little faster than an old turbo prop.

Whats the point of buying a plane for the AD?

There are plenty of Donor planes that are lent to AD and coaches.

Hell Butch would only fly on one donor plane because they had the same last name and the donor plane is branded with the last name.....

So anybody can file a flight plan? Kinda like updating Wiki :)

Yes. Theoretically you could file and actually fly the fight plan using the n# and type. Atc would have no way of knowing. They might get suspicious if a King Air is at 35000 ft and doing 450 knots.

Got my Ok St buddy in my office. We’re both looking at our respective boards and google searches. They are tracking N111UT also. Both sites concur.

Flight plan is smoke screen.

Whether the hire is real or not is unknown.

The flight departure time just keeps getting bumped by 5 minutes. I think this is BS. I don't know what to think about Gundy now.

It's 2017. You'd think they'd have something a little faster than an old turbo prop.

If you’re traveling around the southeast, you’re not going to get a huge speed advantage vs operating costs for a jet. A King Air can get you onto a lot of small runways that a jet can’t.

If you’re traveling around the southeast, you’re not going to get a huge speed advantage vs operating costs for a jet. A King Air can get you onto a lot of small runways that a jet can’t.

This and also the amount of donor/booster planes available to the AD make up a pretty big fleet.

Brice tweeted that the plane in question was just bought by UT which is why it is thought to be picking up a coach if it leaves.

This and also the amount of donor/booster planes available to the AD make up a pretty big fleet.

Any flight less than 1k mi I’d take a King Air with private cabin trim out every time. They are a very comfortable airplane and the runway requirements are fairly accommodating.

Brice tweeted that the plane in question was just bought by UT which is why it is thought to be picking up a coach if it leaves.

They bought it back?! Not unheard of but if they owned it I think they would have blocked the tail too.

I think Brice just got added to the trolling stringer

question. If he is being interviewed in Dallas why is the plane flying to stillwater?

They bought it back?! Not unheard of but if they owned it I think they would have blocked the tail too.

I think Brice just got added to the trolling stringer

Right, but to get it on the blocked list on FAA, you have to get it submitted by the 15th of the month, then FAA looks at it on the first Thursday of the next month, and if approved, tail gets blocked at the first of the following month. So it could be a 2-3 month process.

Right, but to get it on the blocked list on FAA, you have to get it submitted by the 15th of the month, then FAA looks at it on the first Thursday of the next month, and if approved, tail gets blocked at the first of the following month. So it could be a 2-3 month process.

Did not know that. 🤔

Still sticking with troll tho if they want to leave the 37k 380ktas numbers up.

Edit: speed listed is 380 mph not ktas so not as bad. But question on flight plan. Pilots always go by mag heading and indicated air speed. Figured flight plans would do the same. A King Air could only do 380 kias one time right after wing separation in transition to lawn dart mode.

Last edited:
The article said they were interviewing Gundy in Dallas. Isn’t filing false flight plans illegal or at least an FAA violation?

You can file a flight plan to anywhere; only if you don't follow it are their issues. You can also augment them at any time pending clearance; easy.

You can file a flight plan to anywhere; only if you don't follow it are their issues. You can also augment them at any time pending clearance; easy.

If hes in Dallas and his family is in SWO. You would think that plane is waiting for him to say yes so it can go pick his family up.

Did not know that. 🤔

Still sticking with troll tho if they want to leave the 37k 380ktas numbers up.

Edit: speed listed is 380 mph not ktas so not as bad. But question on flight plan. Pilots always go by mag heading and indicated air speed. Figured flight plans would do the same. A King Air could only do 380 kias one time right after wing separation in transition to lawn dart mode.

Flight plans are filed with true air speed.

VN Store

Back