'20 FL WR Malachi Wideman (Tennessee signee)

AP just said that he hasn't spoken with Wideman and neither have all of those mods and analysts predicting him to OM. He said he might choose OM but he isn't going all negative just yet.

I just don't understand why a big time WR would chose to play with OM's current QB. Plumlee is a glorified RB.

This thread is so pathetic
Yep. Not getting Washington was the end of the world. Not getting Hardy was the end of the world. Now IF we don't get Wideman it's the end of the world. Got a lot of really talented kids coming in. Will get more in the future. Georgia's been getting them for years. Has yet to prove they can DEVELOP enough of them. MOST of Clemson's recent classes look a lot like this one and last years. They EXCEL in developing them. Being negative about everything is easy.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
If Wideman chooses OM I suspect he'll personally have a decent career, kiffin will get him the ball, but he'll never win anything of significance. May not with the Vols either but much greater chance here than with OM in the West.

If Kiffin lands Wideman it’ll be just the beginning. I fully expect him to lock the Memphis area down while he’s in Oxford.

Wideman has been enamored with everywhere he visited.
After TN visit several insiders were hinting that he committed to US
After Oregon visit, Oregon though they had him
Now after OM visit, everyone saying he's going to OM

AP even mentioned Wideman's visit highs after the Oregon visit. I'm sure Wideman will talk to Pruitt several times between now and Wednesday and the OM visit high will wear off.

IMO he could end up at UT, OM or FSU. .. but I don't think its close to being decided yet.

Have you noticed our recruiting ranking in the SEC for the last couple of years? We are middle of the pack.

And still top 13 overall overall last year and a chance to move into the top 10 this year. There isn't as much of a difference as you are pretending.

No. It’s too early in the week for that.
Kiffin is going to land some good recruits and he loves to make a splash for publicity but “lock down Memphis”? Ha.

Some of you have fantasized Kiffin as this elite recruiter and head coach, it’s just not true. Look at the numbers. His wins and losses. Who were those “elite” recruits he landed? How many worked out long term?

The truth is that Kiffin was born on 3rd base and thinks he hit a triple. He’s a spoiled, immature, brat. Hell, Saban fired him a week before the National Championship! He’s a good OC but that’s about it.

He’s going to do nothing at Ole Miss but get them on probation after he leaves town as soon as a better job comes along, if he’s lucky enough to win a few big games and make a bowl or two. Being scared of Lane Kiffin is such a beta move.

VN Store

Back