'20 FL WR Malachi Wideman (Tennessee signee)

We have one of the most stable programs in the SEC right now. We have an awesome defensive brain trust, and Chaney running the offense.

Two really talented young QBs. And talent accumulating all over the field around them.

A very formidable defense growing on the other side.

3 team race for the SEC East, and 3 of the top 5 teams on the conference overall.

1) LSU
2) UGA
3) BAMA
4) Florida
5) Tennessee
might want to tap the brake pedal a bit and include Auburn and A&M which could lower UT down to 7th. i like your optimism though but i've been bitten in the butt being optimistic over the Vols this past decade. we've got a rookie HC too who's last in 4th down conversions this year with one of the best FG kickers in the game. JG's been looking good until he gets into the red zone and then he becomes a basket case that no one can explain so give the remaining ten players a pat on the back and take the 3 points. It is what it is. 2 half victories equal one whole and a defensive minded coach needs to adjust his philosophy,imo.

Reactions: CA_Vol
Our coaches recruit the right way and are honest with kids. Kiffin is a used car salesman, and puts the shine on. Giving a false narrative isn't a problem for him. He's very much like Butch Jones in that way, but a lot more relatable to a lot of kids because he's a big kid himself.
Almost like he,(LK),lowers himself to give the kids the impression he's on their level. In reality he would have to be bi-polar or blowing smoke up a kids azz for his own benifit. Take your pick. Now that he's psychoanalyzed I'm neither gonna berate the fellow or applaud him. He's being paid to make Ole Miss competitive and that's the bottom line. This is the gig he's been waiting on. He was HC over Orgeron who just won the NC on more than one one occasion. I'm a couch tater making an observation and why does this guy live in Vols fans head rent free ? Because he's formidable. He's to offense what Pruitt is to defense. Perhaps a step behind Spurrier. Putting all the BS aside come gameday in several years best bring your A game when playing his team but the downside will be how much Ole Miss wants to spend on the defensive side to keep pace with the rest of the west.

Kiffin might be a good recruiter. We'll see. But, I sure wouldn't use his first Vol class as an example of good recruiting. He derecruited two great college QBs (Boyd and Petty) who wanted to be Vols, and signed a bunch of malcontents and overrated guys. And Kiffin had a much easier sell in 2008-09 than Pruitt did upon his arrival.. SEC East titles in 2001, 2004, 2007.

Here are guys who helped the Kiffin recruiting class ranking, but did little to nothing for Vols football IMO: Bryce Brown, Nu'keese Richardson, Darren Myles, David Oku, Jerod Askew, Marsalis Teague, JerQuari Schofield, Mike Edwards, Arthur Jeffery, Nyshier Oliver, Robert Nelson, Kevin Revis, Rae Sykes. I didn't include Janzen Jackson since he had two good years for the Vols before he was kicked off. So, Kiffin's signing class here was one of the worst Vol classes in 40+ years in substance.

And Taj Boyd really, really, wanted to be a Vol. Thus began 10 years of mostly misery.

might want to tap the brake pedal a bit and include Auburn and A&M which could lower UT down to 7th. i like your optimism though but i've been bitten in the butt being optimistic over the Vols this past decade. we've got a rookie HC too who's last in 4th down conversions this year with one of the best FG kickers in the game. JG's been looking good until he gets into the red zone and then he becomes a basket case that no one can explain so give the remaining ten players a pat on the back and take the 3 points. It is what it is. 2 half victories equal one whole and a defensive minded coach needs to adjust his philosophy,imo.

It’s almost like UT didn’t beat Auburn last year, on the road, with a team that wasn’t as good as what we have now.

Reactions: JacketVol
Our coaches recruit the right way and are honest with kids. Kiffin is a used car salesman, and puts the shine on. Giving a false narrative isn't a problem for him. He's very much like Butch Jones in that way, but a lot more relatable to a lot of kids because he's a big kid himself.

I'm not saying our coaches lie to kids, but let's be honest, they know how to play the game and paint a picture that appeals to a particular recruit. Might not be totally accurate. From playing time to position to playing 2 sports, etc. They tell 'em what is true but at the same time they tell 'em what they want to hear. It's an annual game played all across the country and it's played by both sides.

Reactions: ALLVOL24/7/365
I'm not saying our coaches lie to kids, but let's be honest, they know how to play the game and paint a picture that appeals to a particular recruit. Might not be totally accurate. From playing time to position to playing 2 sports, etc. They tell 'em what is true but at the same time they tell 'em what they want to hear. It's an annual game played all across the country and it's played by both sides.
One consistent theme you hear about our staff is honesty. I'm not saying we have a staff of choir boys, but I've been following recruiting for years and this staff does things differently. Particularly our head coach, and it's a trickle down effect.

One consistent theme you hear about our staff is honesty. I'm not saying we have a staff of choir boys, but I've been following recruiting for years and this staff does things differently. Particularly our head coach, and it's a trickle down effect.
Honesty IS the best policy. Would rather have a hard truth over a sugar coated lie any day.

Unfortunately, it seems we lose more than we win in recruiting.....lately.:eek:
How do you figure? Pruitt went 5 for 5 on ESD, getting 5 new commitments and signing them all. Finishing the day in the Top 10 on Rivals. After starting 1-4 and most saying his career was toast. I'd have to disagree with your assessment.

How do you figure? Pruitt went 5 for 5 on ESD, getting 5 new commitments and signing them all. Finishing the day in the Top 10 on Rivals. After starting 1-4 and most saying his career was toast. I'd have to disagree with your assessment.
That's just not true.

Guys, he's just going by our motto.
"Don't include the ones we get, just count the ones we don't get".

Or something like that.

VN Store

Back