'20 FL WR Malachi Wideman (Tennessee signee)

I'm sure Wideman's basketball rankings have been posted on here somewhere, but he's a 4* on both rivals and ESPN and a 3* on 247.

As said before, I have no influence nor try to have any on anyone’s happiness.
My BS meter does influence me to question some that seem to stray from reality.
Posters that had their orange colored glasses on and said we reeled in every target we were really going after this year, or the FL St guy that called UT Basketball and Football dumpster fires both triggered it
No one said that straw man. The 5 for 5 comment was regarding 5 uncommitted players that committed to Tennessee on early signing day. The fans didn’t coin that phrase. That was start by Hubbs, Price, Callahan, and guys like that. The same principle applies with the 2 targets Tennessee landed today. Not once did anyone suggest Tennessee landed every recruit they went after. So maybe you should aim your bs meter at the proper target before shooting off.

Haven’t seen anyone else talking about counting flips, just some saying we were 7 for 7 signing.
Clearly a very random pulled from air #, when we sign 24-25 out of how many offers?
I’ll allow the enthusiasm today though, it was a great finish to a great class!
I said the 7 for 7. And it's completely accurate regarding 7 prospects not committed to Tennessee that we were in on and signed on their respective signing days.

Haven’t seen anyone else talking about counting flips, just some saying we were 7 for 7 signing.
Clearly a very random pulled from air #, when we sign 24-25 out of how many offers?
I’ll allow the enthusiasm today though, it was a great finish to a great class!

Whew, thank you allowing.

I know. But unlike Rocker, I don’t trust Weinke as a coach either. Our starting QB regressed under Weinke. I have no confidence in him whatsoever
JG regressing ain't got a damn thang to do with Weinke...nobody can help that guy...NO-FREAKIN-BODY..

He is a total head case that can not get out of his own head on gameday.

Nobody that reports recruiting for a living even considered us an option for DW. Not saying we didn’t try, but I’m pretty sure VN blew that way out of proportion.
And they are never wrong ! Lol, AV posted we had a shot, followed up nothing had changed, the majority in the thread thought we did, coaches thought we did , never stopped recruiting him. But like I said pick 7 that signed and only count them, or pick 24 and say we went 24-24 if it makes you happy!
I’m happy with who we signed, just ain’t kidding myself that we landed every top target that we thought we had a legit shot at.
Nobody did.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
Everyone else tried, I'll give it a go.

Washington - going to do so in silence. Even if you thought we had a chance, we weren't watching for him on ESD.

Hardy.- was already committed (really committed) AND wasn't supposed to sign on ESD.

We were monitoring 5 on ESD and 2 on NSD. We.got.them.all.

Is about opportunities. Hardy was committed and signed, unbeknownst to us, so.. No opportunity. DW signed unbeknownst to us, so no opportunity.

For the other seven guys that didn't sign or weren't committed to Tennessee... We closed. Period.

Everyone that was picking up hat off the table on signing day where there was a Tennessee hat... Picked the Tennessee hat.

Well... He did commit to 4 different schools. So....
Yeah but he only signed with 1. Ah your all right , I’m wrong as was pointed out in another post. 7-7 that wasn’t committed to UT. That eliminates DW as we were one of the 4. Of course Hardy don’t count either even though we were still trying to flip him after he secretly signed with Burn

Reactions: GojiraVol17
And they are never wrong ! Lol, AV posted we had a shot, followed up nothing had changed, the majority in the thread thought we did, coaches thought we did , never stopped recruiting him. But like I said pick 7 that signed and only count them, or pick 24 and say we went 24-24 if it makes you happy!
I’m happy with who we signed, just ain’t kidding myself that we landed every top target that we thought we had a legit shot at.
Nobody did.

Well, technically Atlanta told OB that he was going to Ga and that ob could share.
But no one in full Grude..um..Washington mania wanted to listen.

Yeah but he only signed with 1. Ah your all right , I’m wrong as was pointed out in another post. 7-7 that wasn’t committed to UT. That eliminates DW as we were one of the 4. Of course Hardy don’t count either even though we were still trying to flip him after he secretly signed with Burn
Hardy and Washington both signed without telling anyone. Neither were expected to sign when they did.

There was no opportunity for us... On signing day

Thanks you made my day! Wouldn’t of meant much coming from anyone else, but you, wow!
Hey, it's the least I can do. You keep that originality coming, my friend; and, always, keep keeping it real...you know, for those of us who wear those orange colored glasses and pump sunshine.

What a minute...did I just come up with a whole new phrase of my own..."sunshine pumper"? 🤔

Hardy and Washington both signed without telling anyone. Neither were expected to sign when they did.

There was no opportunity for us... On signing day[/QUOTE]
It was just said the 7-7 was ESD and signing day , so yes there was absolutely an opportunity on ESD!
But I’m tired of debating, count the ones you want and disregard the other targets if it makes you happy! I don’t care.
I’ll count how I want to and we can disagree on the % from now until the end of time😁
Let’s all just be happy with the great job the Staff has done and the talent they are bringing in!

Nobody did.
Ok, we get it.. You've stated your opinion (more than once). Now the trick is to drop it and move on.......

VN Store

Back