‘23 FL WR Aidan Mizell (Florida commit)

Do you realize I’ve watched at least half of those games of him at Louisiana!!! It’s going to be comical to watch him in SEC!

If you watched half his games at ULL, you watched a helluva lot of him winning.

How do you explain 40-12? Luck?

Last edited:
Just look at Napier's game against App State in 2020. I recall watching that game and it was quite entertaining and hilarious to watch.

Napier won that game, Louisiana won that game. So out of 52 games coached as a head coach, you cite a game he won as his “boob” moment?

Talk about hilarious. That’s hilarious.

You do realize Napier is 40-12 as a head coach, right? The man was 33-5 over his last three years. I have heard of zero “in-game absolute boob” moments, but I’d love to hear your examples of this so I know what to watch out for.
Winning close games when you are far better than the comp isn't as impressive to me.

Blowout loss @ Texas
3 point win over 6-5 FCS Nicholls
Blowout win vs 3-9 Ohio
8 point win over 3-9 GA Southern
2 point win over 5-7 South Alabama
Big time blowout win over a very good Appy State team
1 point win over 2-10 Arkansas State
Blowout over 4-8 Texas State
4 point win vs a solid 8-4 Georgia State team that almost beat Auburn
14 point win vs a 5-7 Troy team
5 point win vs a 4-8 ULM

8 point win over Appy State to win the conference

If you take out the 2 blowout wins over nobodies, that's 9-1 with an average margin of victory of 5.3 points. 3 (Georgia State, App State x2) of those 10 teams made bowl games.

Winning close games when you are far better than the comp isn't as impressive to me.

Blowout loss @ Texas
Blowout win vs 3-9 Ohio
5 point win vs a 4-8 ULM

If you take out the 2 blowout wins over nobodies, that's 9-1 with an average margin of victory of 5.3 points. 3 (Georgia State, App State x2) of those 10 teams made bowl games.

Nice job on the research. Bottom line, over 4 years, Napier was 40-12 at a place where they were 24-26 the four years before his arrival. That’s an excellent turnaround, good enough to catapult him to a premier job in the SEC.

Now let’s do Josh Huepel. His overall record is 35-14 also after 4 seasons. His UCF teams got progressively worse during his 3 years there and he took over a Scott Frost built juggernaut.

Last edited:
Nice job on the research. Bottom line, over 4 years, Napier was 40-12 at a place where they were 24-26 the four years before his arrival. That’s an excellent turnaround, good enough to catapult him to a premier job in the SEC.

Now let’s do Josh Huepel. His overall record is 35-14 also after 4 seasons. His UCF teams got progressively worse during his 3 years there and he took over a Scott Frost built juggernaut.

If you think Billy’s 40-12 record at Louisiana was bad, you can’t possible be impressed by Huepel’s résumé.

Here's the thing though... Heupel went to Tennessee and Napier crawled to Florida so Heupel > Napier.

You're on a Tennessee board dude. As far as we're concerned he's gonna do some gator chomps, have his wife get far too friendly with his players, and then end up coaching at a high school.

… and yet, very likely go 4-0 vs Tennessee.

Last edited:
Reactions: KG1821
Napier won that game, Louisiana won that game. So out of 52 games coached as a head coach, you cite a game he won as his “boob” moment?

You know what’s hilarious, you found a post to respond to and didn’t need to follow a certain poster to a different forum to respond to, but you did. Oh, I expect this will be scrubbed. That’s okay. I never forget. And if I get franks ban hammer, it’ll be worth it.

What are you doing here? You ever ask yourself that question? And be honest with yourself.

"Premier job"...that's funny.

Reactions: Orange Swagger

Blowout loss @ Texas
Blowout win vs 3-9 Ohio
5 point win vs a 4-8 ULM

Nice job. This is crazy lol

… and yet, very likely go 4-0 vs Tennessee.

Maybe. It won’t have anything to do with Napier though. That’s just some weird voodoo curse at this point. But Napier is already being schooled by Mario.

Reactions: beachvol23
Maybe. It won’t have anything to do with Napier though. That’s just some weird voodoo curse at this point. But Napier is already being schooled by Mario.
And it is proven when UM is up it directly impacts JortU

To be fair, he had a lot of that team opt out in the covid year. I'm not hating on Napier, I just need to see him at the SEC level before I make a judgement about him. I said the same thing about Heupel but there was some things I knew would translate right away with the offense being able to make us competitive in any game. We'll see what happens at Florida

Reactions: bigl3327 and Jaws
To be fair, he had a lot of that team opt out in the covid year. I'm not hating on Napier, I just need to see him at the SEC level before I make a judgement about him. I said the same thing about Heupel but there was some things I knew would translate right away with the offense being able to make us competitive in any game. We'll see what happens at Florida

Wishing Billy Napier many more clutch moments like this at UF:

Reactions: butchna

Yea, because every situation is the same.

Butch Jones was 50-27 with 4 conference titles in 2 different conferences before UT. Then, he made some questionable in-game and program decisions. The SEC is a totally different game. What Napier did really has no bearing on how he will do. He will have some big boy decisions to make, and the margins are slim.

SUCK IT! Napier is now 2-2 as the gaturds head coach. middle_finger_mrs_doubtfire.gif

VN Store

Back