‘23 FL WR Aidan Mizell (Florida commit)

There's not really one guy ( at least ranked highly) that really makes your jaw drop when you look at him play from the WR position in this class imo.

Nathaniel Joseph (Clemson Commit) is one.
Zach Branch is a 5 star that plays up to it, but i think he's peaked.

Tate is very good and I'm glad he'll be a Vol.
Really wanted Kasper.

We need White and Webb to be every bit as good as we hope. Both guys burst on to the recruiting seen late. They'll need to carry our passing attack after Tillman leaves
Watch out for Nimrod

I don't think it is an either/or... but if it were and we had the choice I'd take Mizell.

Obviously we can't tell everything on highlight videos but to me this looks sort of like a Rogers/Hunter comparison. Tate has skills but doesn't look to have the same acceleration and top end speed as Mizell. It isn't just acceleration off the ball. It seems that Mizell goes from 2nd to 3rd gear quick. He is running fast then sees a crease and hits another gear in a step.
Tate seems more of a Davante Adams type WR. He’s a phenomenal route runner and has great hands but doesn’t have elite speed or size. Mizell is more of a game breaker that can take the top off a defense as well as take a screen/slant/hitch to the house on any given play. I think Malik Benson also is in that category. We need both, but we also could use a guy like Ayden Williams that’s a bigger WR that can grab 50/50 balls. I really wish we could’ve gotten Kasper for that role. Maybe Webb and Nimrod can develop into those type of WRs for us though. I know Webb’s highlights were nothing but jump balls but he’s still raw and apparently needs work on his route running. The ideal WR haul would be Tate, Mizell/Benson, Williams, and of course Spillman even though I think he ultimately ends up on defense because of the depth we will have at WR

“I had a really good time, really great time,” said Mizell, who’s ranked the No. 114 overall prospect and No. 18 wide receiver in the 2023 class, according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite. “Got to stay around all the coaching staff. Got to stay with the players, just build that relationship up, that bond, and I had an amazing time.”

The 6-foot-2, 180-pound Mizell, whose parents both ran track at Florida, made it clear that the Vols at least closed the gap on the Gators.

“Tied for top — is that a thing? They’re definitely up there,” he said of Tennessee.

“Thinking about it, it’s going to be a hard decision when it comes down to it,” he said. “I’m probably making my decision late July, probably early August. It’s going to be a really tough decision.”

“Me and Coach Pope have known each other for a long time,” Mizell said. “Even before they offered me, me and Coach Pope were talking. … He’s really like family, almost, at this point — like, the amount of time we talk. It was just good catching up and getting to see him.”

“I went out a few times. It was just good to see the city, see how it is. It wasn’t as I expected. I thought it was going to be, like, more country than it was. But I had a good time.”

Post uf visit: names them leader.
Post ut visit: says they’re up there.

Goin to uf.
I think he genuinely likes UT but with the Florida ties it's probably gonna be to much to overcome.We gave ourselves a chance that's all u can ask for.If there's one position were not hurting for prospects at its wr so will be fine either way.

Would love to see this kid as a Vol. The fact that it’s even close speaks to how hard the staff has worked in this one. Gator in the end but damn I would love to be wrong.

Reactions: HeadVol77

VN Store

Back