‘23 FL WR Aidan Mizell (Florida commit)

What?!?! What the hell are you talking about? He comes off as one of the nicest, most down to earth dudes around, and that's coming absolutely without bias. Have you actually listened to him at all?
Yeah... no bias.

I don't know that much about the guy so I wouldn't agree or disagree that he's "prickish". What I do know is that folks like you and like most of the Vol fans here are anything but unbiased. A lot of us talked ourselves into believing Pruitt was just a down home good ol' boy. Many ignored/excused/praised the corny, used car salesman personality of Butch Jones.

It takes a lot to care as much about a program as you do and we do and not have bias toward giving our coach the benefit of the doubt whether he's earned it or not.

Honestly before the last few years I didn't place much value on the AD. But you all haven't been the same and have made some pretty bad hires since Foley stepped down. Most if not all of UT's problems have stemmed from terrible AD hires and general instability in the athletic department.

Maybe Stricklin has turned a corner and hired a gem... but that hasn't been his track record so far at UF.

From the tea leaves it looks like Tate is in the boat. Seldon is a great raw athlete but Penn State might have a slight lead on us. Mizell is also a great WR but we are probably behind UF as well. Be nice to get one of these two of Mizell or Seldon. Both would be tremendous. Go Vols

Have to understand there is a long way to go before NSD. WRs and others aren’t like QBs when they commit.

Mizell is down my board, is it because of the gator blood in his veins? Maybe, but I have several WRs I’d rather have

There's not really one guy ( at least ranked highly) that really makes your jaw drop when you look at him play from the WR position in this class imo.

Nathaniel Joseph (Clemson Commit) is one.
Zach Branch is a 5 star that plays up to it, but i think he's peaked.

Tate is very good and I'm glad he'll be a Vol.
Really wanted Kasper.

We need White and Webb to be every bit as good as we hope. Both guys burst on to the recruiting seen late. They'll need to carry our passing attack after Tillman leaves

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Mizell will be here for the second time in a couple weeks. His earlier unofficial trip to Tennessee locked in the official visit this weekend and so this will be interesting to see where Tennessee stands coming out of the weekend. Florida is the team that many have Mizell pegged for but we don’t believe it’s an open and shut decision. The Vols have a path but it starts with a strong weekend.
-VQ

Completely agree. I believe we have Tate. But if for some weird reason we were to miss on Tate? Give me Mizell all day long. Dude is an absolute stud.
I don't think it is an either/or... but if it were and we had the choice I'd take Mizell.

Obviously we can't tell everything on highlight videos but to me this looks sort of like a Rogers/Hunter comparison. Tate has skills but doesn't look to have the same acceleration and top end speed as Mizell. It isn't just acceleration off the ball. It seems that Mizell goes from 2nd to 3rd gear quick. He is running fast then sees a crease and hits another gear in a step.

The petty fan in me would love to beat Florida for an athlete that ends up making big plays against them. Would love to hear Gary Danielson's all-knowing self on CBS mention that Tennessee and Florida battled for him, then have Mizell go off for big plays and TDs so Gary can make his snark little remarks.

VN Store

Back