'22 FL SDE Venson Sneed (Indiana commit)

I’d take 3 HS DEs and a portal guy. You don’t have any other DE offers out. If the plan is to get M’ba and move him to SDE then you’re going to run thin at DT. Some questionable personnel decisions, but Heupel gets paid to make these decisions. I’d personally move on from Brian Grant if I needed the spot. Then I’d take the 3 HS DEs, 1 portal DE, 3 HS LBs, and 1 portal LB. Seems like we’re planning to load up on JUCO CBs & Safeties.
Phillips has dropped weight and may end up at DE. Evidently Bumphus might be redshirting.

Reactions: Volfan1000
Bottom line If we have other kids lined up or not - the staff doesn’t git him unless rent don’t think he can help. So maybe we have silents that took his spot. Or maybe the staff just didn’t see what they needed to in his senior film. In either case it’s best to let him go now so he can take some visits and find a new home. I hate it for the kid because he very clearly wanted to be here, but this is best for all involved ultimately.

I’d take 3 HS DEs and a portal guy. You don’t have any other DE offers out. If the plan is to get M’ba and move him to SDE then you’re going to run thin at DT. Some questionable personnel decisions, but Heupel gets paid to make these decisions. I’d personally move on from Brian Grant if I needed the spot. Then I’d take the 3 HS DEs, 1 portal DE, 3 HS LBs, and 1 portal LB. Seems like we’re planning to load up on JUCO CBs & Safeties.
The coaches see what they have everyday in regards to depth. I think recruiting is picking up, but very few freshman are physically ready to contribute (especially in the trenches). I'm not an insider, but my guess is that they plan to do alot in the portal and maybe JUCO with this class. It is much easier on defense (in the trenches) to get guys that are ready to play through these means, than on offense. But we need immediate OL depth as well. '23 and beyond will be a lot more high school signees.

Phillips has dropped weight and may end up at DE. Evidently Bumphus might be redshirting.
I think we need Phillips at DT. He should put on good weight once on campus. I assumed Bumphus would stay at DT as well. He’s listed at 6’3 290lbs which is pushing him into DT territory. Blakely is 6’2 270 for reference. I guess you could argue that Bumphus, Bryson Eason, Dominic Bailey, Caleb Tremblay, and Jordan Phillips could all split time at either SDE or 3tech DT, based on size.

I think we need Phillips at DT. He should put on good weight once on campus. I assumed Bumphus would stay at DT as well. He’s listed at 6’3 290lbs which is pushing him into DT territory. Blakely is 6’2 270 for reference. I guess you could argue that Bumphus, Bryson Eason, Dominic Bailey, Caleb Tremblay, and Jordan Phillips could all split time at either SDE or 3tech DT, based on size.
Pretty sure Tremblay is out of eligibility after this season. They've been playing some bigger guys at DE, so I could see Bumphus and Phillips at DE. Evidently Phillips weighs closer to 260 right now. I think they'll find enough guys and Garner will get them ready.

Fair. But we have a LOT of spots available with ESD less than a month away and we’re saying bye to guys who are 4 star talents (Rivals) with virtually no known traction elsewhere.

But hell, maybe Heupel makes his living in the portal and changes the game. Who knows.
He probably only has 2 spots for DEs. You have do numbers by position unless it’s a can’t miss prospect

Reactions: t3hrex
This is my hang up. Someone help me here…. At DE we will return Young, Baron, and Harrison. Maybe tremblay comes back (can he?).. Does Eason fit at DE now or did he completely grow through that position and into DT? Maybe SDE? Where’s the depth that you think 3 DEs is too much in this cycle? In my mind, we NEED Josephs, Pearce, AND Sneed.

Why not give Sneed the option of a blue shirt???????????

VN Store

Back