'22 FL SDE Venson Sneed (Indiana commit)

I’m a little confused with this. He was All Vols, so did our coaching staff just decide he wasn’t good enough or was the kid actively searching around ? Has Tennessee stuff all over his Twitter.

We have 14 commits and are only in on 3-4 top 300 kids and we’re processing recruits 🤨
This is my hang up. Someone help me here…. At DE we will return Young, Baron, and Harrison. Maybe tremblay comes back (can he?).. Does Eason fit at DE now or did he completely grow through that position and into DT? Maybe SDE? Where’s the depth that you think 3 DEs is too much in this cycle? In my mind, we NEED Josephs, Pearce, AND Sneed.

This is my hang up. Someone help me here…. At DE we will return Young, Baron, and Harrison. Maybe tremblay comes back (can he?).. Does Eason fit at DE now or did he completely grow through that position and into DT? Maybe SDE? Where’s the depth that you think 3 DEs is too much in this cycle? In my mind, we NEED Josephs, Pearce, AND Sneed.

Don’t think anyone said we won’t take 3. AP said looking for someone who can help faster. I’d look for transfer portal or juco for that spot

14 commits that you know about…
Fair. But we have a LOT of spots available with ESD less than a month away and we’re saying bye to guys who are 4 star talents (Rivals) with virtually no known traction elsewhere.

But hell, maybe Heupel makes his living in the portal and changes the game. Who knows.

Sneed is not good enough….. there were questions all along whether he was good enough or not…. Apparently…. He didn’t make the progress needed to stay a Tennessee commit.

Don’t think anyone said we won’t take 3. AP said looking for someone who can help faster. I’d look for transfer portal or juco for that spot
I’d take 3 HS DEs and a portal guy. You don’t have any other DE offers out. If the plan is to get M’ba and move him to SDE then you’re going to run thin at DT. Some questionable personnel decisions, but Heupel gets paid to make these decisions. I’d personally move on from Brian Grant if I needed the spot. Then I’d take the 3 HS DEs, 1 portal DE, 3 HS LBs, and 1 portal LB. Seems like we’re planning to load up on JUCO CBs & Safeties.

VN Store

Back