‘23 FL OT Lucas Simmons (FSU commit)

A couple of our recruits (Treyaun and Kelby) seem to be hinting that we'll be flipping him from FSU, which would be hilarious after already flipping Kearney from them.

A couple of our recruits (Treyaun and Kelby) seem to be hinting that we'll be flipping him from FSU, which would be hilarious after already flipping Kearney from them.
Sunbelt Billy gonna coach ‘em up……..
Nothing he has done this year has been impressive…. He went 1-3 against the four good teams on the schedule and got lucky having all summer to prepare for Utah. Lost to uk which was embarrassing. Beat a bunch of bad teams…
He’s not bitch 2.0, Beamer holds that title…. But he could be Pruitt 2.0. Both are bald headed special talented coaches we’ll say.

Nothing he has done this year has been impressive…. He went 1-3 against the four good teams on the schedule and got lucky having all summer to prepare for Utah. Lost to uk which was embarrassing. Beat a bunch of bad teams…
He’s not bitch 2.0, Beamer holds that title…. But he could be Pruitt 2.0. Both are bald headed special talented coaches we’ll say.
I wish I saw things your way. I think Florida has been improving. The team plays hard for him, and he is recruiting well. He may end up being like Pruitt. But I haven’t seen it yet.

I wish I saw things your way. I think Florida has been improving. The team plays hard for him, and he is recruiting well. He may end up being like Pruitt. But I haven’t seen it yet.
If UT had the same record as them playing that same schedule we would be pissed
They are beating bad teams
Who did they beat that was good with a normal game week of prep

Why do people think they have the second coming of Saban as a coach

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land

I don’t think he’s the second coming of saban. I don’t care what other fans would think about having that record. I just was saying that he doesn’t seem like a total bust yet. That’s all.

Reactions: walkenvol
Given the stories we've heard about this kid early in the process, it's just hard to understand why he would flip to Florida. His supposed reasoning for choosing FSU was their offensive line coach. Has he left? But even before that, his supposed final two choices were FSU and Tennessee. FSU because of the previous mentioned OL coach, and Tennessee because his dad played with Heupel at Oklahoma. So why Florida? Is it money? Does he have teammates going to Florida? Is it money???

Stanton Ramil >>>>>>>>> than missing on Lucas Simmons
I'll take who we can get, but as far as players go, I like Simmons better. I just kept hearing, "no chance he flips". But now it appears he's potentially flipping to Florida. I'm just not connecting the dots as to why unless it's money.

Almost no one is Pruitt level bad.

Reactions: Orange_Crush
I'll take who we can get, but as far as players go, I like Simmons better. I just kept hearing, "no chance he flips". But now it appears he's potentially flipping to Florida. I'm just not connecting the dots as to why unless it's money.
It's a head scratcher for sure. Some of these big guys don't want to play in our up-tempo offense I guess. It requires that you be in a different type of "in shape".

FSU is also doing well on the field this season...better than UF. I'm with you on this one. Very odd.

Reactions: SweetasSoda

He's on pace to have a similar year 1 to what Heupel had last year, with very similar results. Beat the teams your supposed to beat, lose to everyone else.
Not earth shattering, but not "Sunbelt Billy" or trash either.

Reactions: MarcoVol
He's on pace to have a similar year 1 to what Heupel had last year, with very similar results. Beat the teams your supposed to beat, lose to everyone else.
Not earth shattering, but not "Sunbelt Billy" or trash either.

Napier makes 7 million. His record is definitely trash considering his salary.

Reactions: PA Vol
Napier makes 7 million. His record is definitely trash considering his salary.
So if he finishes 7-5 or 8-4 with players left by Dan "we'll talk about recruiting during recruiting season" Mullen, you think that is trash? You're expectations in year 1 are ridiculous.

VN Store

Back