‘23 FL OT Francis Mauigoa (Miami commit)

Recruiting will be fine.

Only “haters” that’ll be complaining will mostly just be trolls.
Yes. But they'll be out in full force saying, "I told y'all we wouldn't get this kid. blah, blah, blah" if we miss, correct? So where was I wrong in what I said?

And then?

This is just entertainment. Let the haters run themselves until they pass out. Who cares. They are the Legion of the Miserables. There's no controlling or ending them. They were here during the great days and here during the worst days. I just feel sorry for them tbh.
I just don't like them having fuel. They suck as people.

The “we did everything we could do” thing can fly with me when it came to Tate. Chicago kid that’s always wanted to play at OSU. Is what it is. This? If we lose this dude to Miami I’ll just feel like we got out bid and quite frankly, that’s unacceptable at this point. If our NIL can just land Nico and no other 5 stars, we ain’t where we thought we were.

Weezer is Bass's complete lack of surprise. He is Bass's broken heart.

😁
Weezer doesn't put anyone on ignore, and he hates seeing the haters crow.

I want good things for my team. I'm not a nega or a pumper. I'm not afraid to call things like I see 'em. I think getting Mauigoa would be huge. I think not getting Mauigoa is a big loss. I have zero idea which way this recruitment goes, but I'm hoping his friendship with Nico brings him here.

If we lose out on this guy that will be a huge ouch. I didn't care about Tate but this one was a huge need. Especially for next season. Not over til it's over though.

The “we did everything we could do” thing can fly with me when it came to Tate. Chicago kid that’s always wanted to play at OSU. Is what it is. This? If we lose this dude to Miami I’ll just feel like we got out bid and quite frankly, that’s unacceptable at this point. If our NIL can just land Nico and no other 5 stars, we ain’t where we thought we were.

I think landing Nico went to "our" heads a little bit . I don't think we are at all where we thought we were. The fact that we have at least been in the top 3 or 5 of so many top 50 prospects is something to be optimistic about considering where we have been the past 15 or so years. We just have a lot of work to do on the field because we aren't going to be bullying anyone we want with NIL alone.

The problem is the negavols and wannabe trolls will see the first post and jump all over it and gloss over the part where it was found to be fake and run with it. Because that does not fit there narrative.

iu

Well the Arkansas fan made up the PED thing about the BaseVols and that picked up by ESPN.

Fans on a msg board are one thing , a major sports media outlet should hold their wad a little longer before jumping on something like that. I would think it wouldn't have been that hard to fact check if they'd put any effort at all. I'm going with the UT hate bias. They just wanted it to be true more than they cared if it was legit.

If we miss on this kid, the haters will never shut up. If it's about the money, maybe Spyre should think about upping their offer. It may not be a sexy position, but OL is pretty damn important.

How much of his fortune is Ruiz doling out to get these kids?

I don't think you're wrong, but the board is quick to label ANY minor negativity in regard to recruiting as unacceptable which is simply ridiculous. We haven't finished with a #1 class or a National Championship in a very long time, so clearly there is still work to be done. If we miss on this guy, it will be disappointing, but not the end of the world.

Francis didn’t even know who UT was until Nico came here. If Francis is committing to Nico if he comes to TN. If Nico ever left I wouldn’t be surprised if Francis left. It is what it is

VN Store

Back