‘23 FL OT Francis Mauigoa (Miami commit)

If this is the case, then why is Miami storming onto the scene so late and seen as a “legit threat” according to RC? Are all of these relationships and the fit and the school really about to be shoved aside because Miami simply came in with a massive bag at the 11th hour?

Their name wasn’t even really discussed at all the past few weeks, now we’re 6 days from his commitment and it’s a TN-Miami battle. Sketchy as hell.
He had a relationship with cristobal when he was at Oregon….. visited Miami with the qb that committed to them…. Doesn’t seem like them feeling confident has much to do with anything more than they are Miami and we are Tennessee.. I saw one poster even accuse us of being racist.

Reactions: buckfama
Tennessee is a has been program. There are a lot of parrallels.
But Tennessee has a longer history of winning overall. Miami was a great football program in the 80’s and 90’s but that’s about it. Our history is deeper, but we have both been down for a while now for sure. I expect both are on their way back up, I have no doubt about the Vols!!!GBO!

But Tennessee has a longer history of winning overall. Miami was a great football program in the 80’s and 90’s but that’s about it. Our history is deeper, but we have both been down for a while now for sure. I expect both are on their way back up, I have no doubt about the Vols!!!GBO!
they won several titles, by playing in Big Least.

Listen I agree ... SEC... but outside of 25 years ago both teams are irrelevant.

Time to fix that. Too mang coaches booming during Maui's offficial. Dude is a Vol.

Reactions: RiseToTheTop

18-year old kids barely care who the “winning programs” in the early 2000s are so I highly, highly doubt these kids being recruited care about our winning tradition in the 40’s thru 70’s. Whether we like it or not, Tennessee and Miami are pretty similar in the eyes of these kids from the types of programs they are. So, I just don’t think it’s right to say Miami is a has been program but we aren’t. We’re both trying to recover to our former glory.

I meannnnn, it’s not like Miami is playing Bama and Georgia every year.

I understand Tennessee has been down but a lot of teams in the SEC have good coaches.

18-year old kids barely care who the “winning programs” in the early 2000s are so I highly, highly doubt these kids being recruited care about our winning tradition in the 40’s thru 70’s. Whether we like it or not, Tennessee and Miami are pretty similar in the eyes of these kids from the types of programs they are. So, I just don’t think it’s right to say Miami is a has been program but we aren’t. We’re both trying to recover to our former glory.
They might not care, our program has much more support though. Miami does not have near the fan base and they haven’t done nothing to write home about either. Tennessee certainly doesn’t take a back seat to Miami that is a fact. Miami fans in general are young and arrogant and not very realistic they still think they are feared, and most don’t remember we stood ground very well with them when we were both feared. In 1985 a orange clad Super Dome rocked all night when the mighty camouflaged Canes talked smack all week long until kickoff and then the Vols handed them their rear end! GBO!!!

I meannnnn, it’s not like Miami is playing Bama and Georgia every year.

I understand Tennessee has been down but a lot of teams in the SEC have good coaches.

Yeah lol, seriously look at their schedule the last few years even. We'd easily average 9-3 every year with a schedule like that. They don't play Clemson every year, and the most difficult game on their schedule is often from a different conference.

VN Store

Back