'20 FL OL Richie Leonard (Florida commit)

commits/decommits is just part of recruiting but what, 7/8 decommits in a short span and not including the six decommits for 2021? Got a feel good nugget for you, word around Zyke Walker is that he will be a gator, good looking player.

You know I thought about posting something along these lines. Maybe it’s me but is seems like Florida has had a lot of commits and decommits. Just speculating but it could be similar to what Butch Jones did here. When you took commits from players you weren’t really crazy about who you really had little intentions of signing (backup plans) It results in a lot of cutting bait on players. In the long run that is a very dangerous game as you burn bridges with the HS coaches and handlers. It catches up with you and affects future recruiting.

commits/decommits is just part of recruiting but what, 7/8 decommits in a short span and not including the six decommits for 2021? Got a feel good nugget for you, word around Zyke Walker is that he will be a gator, good looking player.

Why did you have to go and do that

You know I thought about posting something along these lines. Maybe it’s me but is seems like Florida has had a lot of commits and decommits. Just speculating but it could be similar to what Butch Jones did here. When you took commits from players you weren’t really crazy about who you really had little intentions of signing (backup plans) It results in a lot of cutting bait on players. In the long run that is a very dangerous game as you burn bridges with the HS coaches and handlers. It catches up with you and affects future recruiting.
Most of their decommits have been since the QB Jones/Steele incident, especially with the 21 class. These aren’t cut bait casualties, not yet. Those come later in the cycle. There has been a Ton of negative recruiting against UF since then.

When I post, people ask me not to. When I don’t, they ask me to. 😂

Joseph has been looking around for weeks. Not shocking but not someone UF wanted to lose because he’s a good player. No spinning that. He will, however, be replaced in the class very soon.

And to my earlier post, this will happen again before signing day(s). Overall I’m very pleased with where Mullen has the class positioned at this point. I feel very confident UF will have a top 10 class, possibly top 5.
Actually, I’m talking about Zykeivous Walker, top 10 DE. Don’t pay attn to the CBs, if today was NSD, he would be a Gator. Think he will pick in a couple months.

It’s not impossible that UF sneaks in around 9/10 but honestly you are in the most fertile ground in America, you should always be minimum top 10. UT will end up top 10. But I don’t see either right now as top 5, I originally thought UT had a shot but they would have to run the gauntlet now to get there.

UF 9-13, UT 7-12, UGA 1-3 UA 1-3 CU 1-3 UK top 25 SC top 15

Actually, I’m talking about Zykeivous Walker, top 10 DE. Don’t pay attn to the CBs, if today was NSD, he would be a Gator. Think he will pick in a couple months.

It’s not impossible that UF sneaks in around 9/10 but honestly you are in the most fertile ground in America, you should always be minimum top 10. UT will end up top 10. But I don’t see either right now as top 5, I originally thought UT had a shot but they would have to run the gauntlet now to get there.

I disagree on SC getting into the top 15. Looks like they're going to miss on Tank, and I don't think they'll get Grimes either. I know they're off to a great start now, but they're likely not going to have a good 2019 season.

I disagree on SC getting into the top 15. Looks like they're going to miss on Tank, and I don't think they'll get Grimes either. I know they're off to a great start now, but they're likely not going to have a good 2019 season.

I agree on this. Once SC goes through that gauntlet they are going to lose a lot of luster. Also it has been shown over the years once their top “committed” players get a little love from uncle UGA they are flight risk.

Reactions: TDawg
Agree on the rough season part, but they do have a good start so far. Lloyd surprised everyone, Doty will rise, Huntley is solid, and Wyman is very good. They also are in the middle of it for the nations top player, probably lead right now, Jordan Burch. The longer he waits, the more it becomes a CU/UGA battle. But he is friends with Muschamps kids, Champs kid is the QB, his HC is a Coot alum, his position coach is a foot alum as well. They also lead for Tonka Hemingway, very good DT (love that name). Imagine having a Tank and Tonka, they lead for Desmond Tisdol, top 3 for Desmond Evans and Rico Powers, lead for Ja’qurious Conley, and top 3-5 for about another 6 or so 4 stars. They have enough to get there but they need as many on board before the season as they can get.

No one is expects 8 wins this year, most are ‘hoping’ for 6-6. Their schedule is absolutely Brutal. They play the top 3 teams in the nation plus A&M from the west. Pulling Bama and AM out of the west plus OOC Clemson and NC, they could easily be under 500 this season. Do they grab a surprise win and salvage the class or do they lose all momentum? Could go either way.

I agree on this. Once SC goes through that gauntlet they are going to lose a lot of luster. Also it has been shown over the years once their top “committed” players get a little love from uncle UGA they are flight risk.
Yeah, they are already predicting Lloyd to flip. Such a bunch of chicken littles over there.... 😇

Speaking of flight risks, @Jaws what are you hearing on Dexter? He’s talking with UGA now on the daily and will visit. Kirby likes a challenge. Your bell cow isn’t 100 on UF any longer. Dig on that one for me if you don’t care. Family is ok with leaving the state...

Reactions: Jaws
I’m banking on the opposite for UT, think they will gain momentum especially the first month. Going undefeated in September is a must, first 3 are gimmes, need to beat UF and will be ranked top 15/20? Need to finish the year strong as well, no dudes against Mizzou or Vandy.

I’m banking on the opposite for UT, think they will gain momentum especially the first month. Going undefeated in September is a must, first 3 are gimmes, need to beat UF and will be ranked top 15/20? Need to finish the year strong as well, no dudes against Mizzou or Vandy.
I don't think we have to beat FL just show enough improvement that recruits can think "all they need is me and a few friends" to beat them. We need to show player development and ability to win the games we should plus a game or two like the Auburn game last year.

I’ll say 9-11 for UT. UGA is 3rd behind Bama, maybe, maybe, 2nd. Ain’t nobody catching Clemson at 1st. Almost mathematically impossible.

I’ll say 9-11 for UT. UGA is 3rd behind Bama, maybe, maybe, 2nd. Ain’t nobody catching Clemson at 1st. Almost mathematically impossible.
You are probably correct except Bama and UGA normally close whereas Clemson is almost done. They only have two spots left and it’s rare that any of their commits decommit. If they were taking a full 25, I’d probably agree.

They are only at 297. Adding the 3 players that are supposed to go public before the season puts Ga at 288, if they get a surprise next week with Andrew Raym puts them at 294.99 with 18 commits. Clemson has five 5-stars, UGA has two, two more before the season (Milton, Ringo) and so if they get one out of Burch, Gilbert, Washington, Evans (think he stays in Tx), Chaney, McClellan, they will sit at 5 and that’s if Ratledge, Rosemy, or Carter don’t get a 5 star bump, all 3 have been mentioned. First two was talked about getting one at the Opening, Carter is due a bigger bump on other sites, already at #19 overall on 247.

300 point class is where you want to be, doesn’t matter where the rank is honestly. I thought UT would be there (and still could) this year, but need a very good season to get there and to hit on most targets left.

Last edited:
Reactions: AaronUT
Yeah, they are already predicting Lloyd to flip. Such a bunch of chicken littles over there.... 😇

Speaking of flight risks, @Jaws what are you hearing on Dexter? He’s talking with UGA now on the daily and will visit. Kirby likes a challenge. Your bell cow isn’t 100 on UF any longer. Dig on that one for me if you don’t care. Family is ok with leaving the state...

Dexter is an absolute monster. Reminds Gator fans of Carlos Dunlap. He’s got to be moved to a 5 star at some point, he was tossing dudes around with ease at the last recruiting camp. I know people are after him, how could they not be.

Having said all that, I think he sticks with UF. I don’t have any inside scoop, just stuff I read from people who do have inside info. It would be a huge blow to the class if UF were to lose him. In my opinion, he’s their best commitment so far.

You are probably correct except Bama and UGA normally close whereas Clemson is almost done. They only have two spots left and it’s rare that any of their commits decommit. If they were taking a full 25, I’d probably agree.

They are only at 297. Adding the 3 players that are supposed to go public before the season puts Ga at 288, if they get a surprise next week with Andrew Raym puts them at 294.99 with 18 commits. Clemson has five 5-stars, UGA has two, two more before the season (Milton, Ringo) and so if they get one out of Burch, Gilbert, Washington, Evans (think he stays in Tx), Chaney, McClellan, they will sit at 5 and that’s if Ratledge, Rosemy, or Carter don’t get a 5 star bump, all 3 have been mentioned. First two was talked about getting one at the Opening, Carter is due a bigger bump on other sites, already at #19 overall on 247.

300 point class is where you want to be, doesn’t matter where the rank is honestly. I thought UT would be there (and still could) this year, but need a very good season to get there and to hit on most targets left.
I was mainly looking at avg per recruit and Clemson is significantly higher. In terms of the sum, I’d assume they would take the norm.

I was mainly looking at avg per recruit and Clemson is significantly higher. In terms of the sum, I’d assume they would take the norm.
Their average per recruit is unbelievable. They keep this up, and they will sail to the playoffs every year having had a few practice games while the SEC teams will come limping in.

That’s always a good way to do it, wish they ranked kickers different. Not sure what Clemson’s avg is, but take out the kicker and UGA sits at .9435.

Dexter is an absolute monster. Reminds Gator fans of Carlos Dunlap. He’s got to be moved to a 5 star at some point, he was tossing dudes around with ease at the last recruiting camp. I know people are after him, how could they not be.

Having said all that, I think he sticks with UF. I don’t have any inside scoop, just stuff I read from people who do have inside info. It would be a huge blow to the class if UF were to lose him. In my opinion, he’s their best commitment so far.
BonyImmediateAkitainu-small.gif

Reactions: Glitch
+500 points for use of the phrase "flight risk"

USuCk has recruited QBs well the last two years with Hilinski and Doty this year (although that's not as good as THEY think it is) and add in a few REALLY good defensive pieces and their classes look pretty good.

VN Store

Back