'20 FL OL Richie Leonard (Florida commit)

I agree the coaching is 90%, you're correct there. But the recruiting in the top 10 isn't going to do anything but help. You can't say recruiting is underrated
To a degree, the * portion of recruiting is. I believe if our coaches can recruit, evaluate and develop talent like Clemson, we will be ok.

Good lord.... this kid looks high as a kite.....
h189CE421

Cancelled his FSU visit, might be cancelling his Tennessee visit. Looks like a UK-UF-GT battle right now.

Cancelled his FSU visit, might be cancelling his Tennessee visit. Looks like a UK-UF-GT battle right now.

I was wondering how hard we were recruiting him. Seems like with Spraggins and (hopefully) Cooper in, plus with maybe getting at least one of Chris Morris or James Robinson - we might be full on interior guys.

Last edited:
“My mind is not made up yet,” Leonard added.

"Tennessee definitely moved up my list after this visit.”

Leonard will commit on his mom’s birthday between Tennessee, Florida State, Georgia Tech, Florida, Miami and Kentucky, where he was formally committed until April.

The 6-foot-3, 300-pound guard/center used the visit to further develop his relationship with Will Friend and head coach Jeremy Pruitt. He believes the program is “heading up” and said his favorite part of the visit was “getting to spend a lot of quality time with the coaching staff.

“Coach Friend is just a good genuine guy. He genuinely cares for all the guys in his room. He’s also one of the funniest people I’ve ever met, too,” Leonard said.

"Coach Pruitt is just a very laid-back dude. Just talking to him, you’d never expect he’d be a college football at a place like the University of Tennessee because he’s just so laid back all the time, even in what might be dire circumstances. He’s calm, cool and collected.”

Leonard, who said the Vols “really like my footwork, ability to move and ability to play all three positions,” feels like a real priority for Tennessee, which recently added Javontez Spraggins and Cooper Mays to its commitment ledger.

“When I was here the first time for the Orange & White Game, they were real busy that weekend with all the official visitors and they wished they could’ve spent more time with me,” Leonard explained.

“So (this weekend) they wanted me to know how important I am with them. I wasn’t really too upset with that. They reassured me that I’m a priority at the University of Tennessee.”

Leonard, who had his Cocoa teammate Caziah Holmes on the trip this weekend, also has taken official visits to Kentucky and Georgia Tech, and he’s also gone to FSU and Florida unofficially this summer. As for what will be key factors in his decision?

“A little bit of everything,” he said. “Opportunity to have an early impact. The academics. The best relationships I have with the coaches.”
- VQ

With Ratlidge off the board, who are our legitimate OT interests? Seems like we are in on a lot of interior guys.

Reactions: VOLATNES
With Ratlidge off the board, who are our legitimate OT interests? Seems like we are in on a lot of interior guys.

Marcus Dumervil is a possibility. His last visit went REALLY well. And Chris Morris is likely a right tackle if/when he commits here

VN Store

Back