'22 FL DT Bishop Thomas (FSU commit)

Transfer portal will help greatly next few years. And ncaa isn’t going to hurt this program anymore than we’ve already hurt ourselves. 1-2 year bowl ban and a few less scholarships most likely, nbd. We’ll know if Heupel is the guy by end of next season.

Wouldn’t say next season. Next year will be worse than this year. Losing a lot.

Tennessee has everything going for them except a good HC that can develop players.

Facilities, tradition, campus is top notch.
Lol how do you know UT doesn’t have a good HC that can develop players?? He hasn’t coached a down here yet. Did pretty well in his short stint as HC at hos last school. How about we let him coach a season before we start talking about how bad he is?

Lol how do you know UT doesn’t have a good HC that can develop players?? He hasn’t coached a down here yet. Did pretty well in his short stint as HC at hos last school. How about we let him coach a season before we start talking about how bad he is?

You missed the point of my post.

It wasn’t directed towards Heupel as if he’s not the answer.

Some of our fans just don’t live in reality. They don’t take into account the state of this program before the new guy was hired. Or the fact he’s only been on the job for 6 months and is facing NCAA problems.

Go win 7+ games this fall and all will be fine. Win 5 or less and we’ll struggle in recruiting even more this time next year and Heupel will need to win 8+ next fall. I think there’s enough talent left lying around to win 7+ this fall. Hopefully that happens.
Sums it up.

Reactions: StoneColdStunner
I am a fan of Tennessee football, and the players who choose to wear the orange and white. They are not has beens to me. I really do not care what people who are not Tennessee fans think. Some may really need to take a break for a while.
It’s not about the players being has beens. Tennessee football hasn’t been relevant or dominate in 20 years. Has beens.

Reactions: VolByLaw
Transfer portal will help greatly next few years. And ncaa isn’t going to hurt this program anymore than we’ve already hurt ourselves. 1-2 year bowl ban and a few less scholarships most likely, nbd. We’ll know if Heupel is the guy by end of next season.

Lmao...just like we knew Pruitt was the guy at the end of his second year? It's pretty ridiculous that you're going to judge a coach's job status by the end of his second year......in this cluster of a f*** football program. If they fire or even think about firing Heupel before his 4th or 5th year here....then you might as well go ahead and shut football down.

Lmao...just like we knew Pruitt was the guy at the end of his second year? It's pretty ridiculous that you're going to judge a coach's job status by the end of his second year......in this cluster of a f*** football program. If they fire or even think about firing Heupel before his 4th or 5th year here....then you might as well go ahead and shut football down.
I didn’t say anything about firing him.

I sure hope Heupel gets at least five years. These coaching searches are the reason we are in the bottom of the pit putting the lotion in the basket.
I hope if we know by year 3 that Heup is not the guy then we fire him and find a new coach. IMO our issue is not giving coaches too little time, it's just that we hire bad coaches. Do you think we'd be better off if we gave Pruitt 2 more years? (you can even take out the NCAA investigation stuff for the sake of this argument). I think 2 more seasons of pruitt would have been 2 more bad years of bad offense and disappointing results. just my 2 cents. When you know a coach is not the guy, it's time to find someone new and hope the next one is a Tony Vitello type of find. We'll hit jackpot on a hire at some point just by shear luck.

I hope if we know by year 3 that Heup is not the guy then we fire him and find a new coach. IMO our issue is not giving coaches too little time, it's just that we hire bad coaches. Do you think we'd be better off if we gave Pruitt 2 more years? (you can even take out the NCAA investigation stuff for the sake of this argument). I think 2 more seasons of pruitt would have been 2 more bad years of bad offense and disappointing results. just my 2 cents. When you know a coach is not the guy, it's time to find someone new and hope the next one is a Tony Vitello type of find. We'll hit jackpot on a hire at some point just by shear luck.
We about to score Lots of points, let's just focus on that.

GTH TROLL

Nothing about JH screams success
In a few years when ticket sales and donations drop, the administration will trot out another HC and AD. All they have to sell is hope for the future. It is the way of Tennessee football and all losing programs.

VN Store

Back