'20 FL DE Morven Joseph (UT SIGNEE)

Aj was a violent tackler. Dont remember many people falling forward against him.
No he was not. Until he started being more physical and meeting guys in the hole his SR year he was a grabber..I hated that about him. He should have been a HT like mauler from the get go with his size. Those plays HT made this year like the third down on the GL stand at UK...AJ would not have made till his last year.

I do think he started playing more violent his SR year...will always credit him for that.

No he was not. Until he started being more physical and meeting guys in the hole his SR year he was a grabber..I hated that about him. He should have been a HT like mauler from the get go with his size. Those plays HT made this year like the third down on the GL stand at UK...AJ would not have made till his last year.

I do think he started playing more violent his SR year...will always credit him for that.
He did play more violent his sr year.Alot of that was getting better at pre snap reads and getting into the right position early enough to make a violent hit.Its hard to make big hits as a linebacker when you are over running plays and have to grab because you are out of position.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
He did play more violent his sr year.Alot of that was getting better at pre snap reads and getting into the right position early enough to make a violent hit.Its hard to make big hits as a linebacker when you are over running plays and have to grab because you are out of position.
You may be right about learning positioning being more of his issue than his will to hit. I can see that.

It was just so frustrating to see such a big strong guy grab takling all the time..to be fair he was good at hanging on and getting them to the ground..usually after they passed the 1st down marker by a half yard.

Last edited:
You may be right about learning positioning being more if his issue than his will to hit. I can see that.

It was just so frustrating to see such a big strong guy grab talking all the time..to be fair he was good at hanging on and getting them to the ground..usually after they passed the 1st down marker by a half yard.
I know what you mean.Dont think Aj was scared to hit because of the special teams demon he was.I think once he became better at pre snap he just naturally played more down hill.He did drive me crazy also by the grabbing and slinging them down.

This guy is the recruit I'm most excited about other than Bailey. I don't think we have anyone on the roster like this kid. His blend of explosive speed and power is insane.

Leonard Little-esque. Looks like he is fast enough to cover TE's, has the first step to bend around tackles and has the aggression and instincts to stop the run.

He has the frame to put on weight without losing speed and I think he makes an immediate impact. He will fill the role that Darrel Taylor had and I think he can be more consistent if he stays healthy.

This guy is the recruit I'm most excited about other than Bailey. I don't think we have anyone on the roster like this kid. His blend of explosive speed and power is insane.

Leonard Little-esque. Looks like he is fast enough to cover TE's, has the first step to bend around tackles and has the aggression and instincts to stop the run.

He has the frame to put on weight without losing speed and I think he makes an immediate impact. He will fill the role that Darrel Taylor had and I think he can be more consistent if he stays healthy.
This is my personal favorite recruit

Reactions: gainesvol82
I claim no insider knowledge, but I am a big believer that the S&C coach is the most important person on staff, other than the head coach. So, if he is getting the job done, he must be retained long-term, if UT is ever going to make it back to the top.

I totally agree with this but not sure why you would have to be an insider for it. LOL

In his signing day presentation Rumph literally said that they thought he could fill Darrell Taylor’s role and play early. If the staff is high enough on him to publicly say that then he’s my number 1 pick if I was betting on who will start next year out of the freshman class

AP on swain saying MJ made this decision two weeks ago, and the FSU visit was just a token visit. said he absolutely loved Knoxville and nothing really compared to it.
Since he made it 2 weeks ago, that's when the rumors came out that he was 195lbs from fla. I think he told fla no, so to save face, fla made a bogus excuse to get out in front of him not going there...

You may be right about learning positioning being more of his issue than his will to hit. I can see that.

It was just so frustrating to see such a big strong guy grab takling all the time..to be fair he was good at hanging on and getting them to the ground..usually after they passed the 1st down marker by a half yard.
I remember thinking AJ was terrible the first few years. I remember thinking that he always ran really fast.... the wrong way.

VN Store

Back