'20 FL DE Morven Joseph (UT SIGNEE)

The fact that Joseph decommitted from FSU while on his official visit in Gainesville is interesting. You don’t do that unless you’re feeling positive vibes with something in Gainesville. Also, he knows Florida well, having been previously committed there. I have no inside info but I think he’s a Florida lean right now. Does not mean UT is out of it, nor is FSU out of it if they make a splash hire. But Norvell is NOT a splash hire.

I am happy with Pruitt....but I would have been Morven happy with Norvell when we were looking. But I would bet Norvell goes to Arkansas or Ole Miss. Basically doesnt even have to move.

Reactions: LittleVol
The fact that Joseph decommitted from FSU while on his official visit in Gainesville is interesting. You don’t do that unless you’re feeling positive vibes with something in Gainesville. Also, he knows Florida well, having been previously committed there. I have no inside info but I think he’s a Florida lean right now. Does not mean UT is out of it, nor is FSU out of it if they make a splash hire. But Norvell is NOT a splash hire.

If/when Norvell goes to FSU, they’ll be competing with you guys in a few years. He‘s not a splash hire, but he’s the best coach on the market.

I’d say he was also feeling negative vibes from the gators when he decommitted.

That’s the ebb and flow of recruiting. And again, I have no idea where he’s leaning, but to be in the middle of a visit to a school and decommits from another school, seems like a possible connection.

I am happy with Pruitt....but I would have been Morven happy with Norvell when we were looking. But I would bet Norvell goes to Arkansas or Ole Miss. Basically doesnt even have to move.

Sounds like Kiffin to Ole Miss is pretty close to being done.

Reactions: LittleVol
If/when Norvell goes to FSU, they’ll be competing with you guys in a few years. He‘s not a splash hire, but he’s the best coach on the market.

FSU is an absolute mess. They’ve had 4 decommitments today alone. FSU loses what little bit of talent they have (Cam Akers, WR Terry) and replace that talent with a nothing recruiting class. No QB in the pipeline, etc.

There’s a reason big time programs have stayed away from Norvell.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
I figured Mark Stoops would have took that job.

Agree, and that possibility had me a little worried. I think Mark Stoops has done a helluva job taking Kentucky from Vandy Lite to competitive and respectable. He’s a program builder and sneaky good recruiter, and has damn good defenses. That woulda worked in Tallahassee.

Reactions: ShreveportVol
Agree, and that possibility had me a little worried. I think Mark Stoops has done a helluva job taking Kentucky from Vandy Lite to competitive and respectable. He’s a program builder and sneaky good recruiter, and has damn good defenses. That woulda worked in Tallahassee.
Agreed, thought he would have been a perfect fit for FSU. I was in belief that he wanted the job but FSU told him no, is that not what happened?

Doubt he takes either of those jobs. Could see him pulling the trigger on FSU, only other decent team in the conference is of course Clemson.

Why go to Arky and fail miserably when he can stay at Memphis and keep winning big until a better job where he can have more success opens up. I would think OleMiss would be a little more attractive, but does he want to be at a disadvantage when he plays Bama, Auburn, LSU and TAM every year?

Doubt he takes either of those jobs. Could see him pulling the trigger on FSU, only other decent team in the conference is of course Clemson.

Why go to Arky and fail miserably when he can stay at Memphis and keep winning big until a better job where he can have more success opens up. I would think OleMiss would be a little more attractive, but does he want to be at a disadvantage when he plays Bama, Auburn, LSU and TAM every year?
Sources: Memphis' Norvell favored for FSU job

Reactions: KBVol
FSU is an absolute mess. They’ve had 4 decommitments today alone. FSU loses what little bit of talent they have (Cam Akers, WR Terry) and replace that talent with a nothing recruiting class. No QB in the pipeline, etc.

There’s a reason big time programs have stayed away from Norvell.

I'd love to hear what you think those reasons are. FSU, Ole Miss and Arkansas are all fighting over him... those aren't big time enough? He's Mississippi's first choice over Lane Kiffin.

VN Store

Back