'20 FL DE Morven Joseph (UT SIGNEE)

Another swing and a miss

Negative post on recruiting? Check

Catbone likes? Check

giphy.gif

Lakeland, Florida linebacker Morven Joseph spent the weekend on Rocky Top making his first official visit before making a commitment and signing on December 20th. Joseph will visit Florida next week and as of now it’s the only other visit he has scheduled. As for his weekend in Knoxville, Joseph was impressed. “It was pretty good. Everything stood out,” Joseph said. “The coaching staff, players, everything. “I just went with an open mind. I went up there before I felt like I needed to come back. I liked it up there.” The 6-3, 211 pound prospect was hosted by senior Carlin Fils-Aime, who is redshirting this season. “Carlin was my host, but I hung with a lot of guys,” Joseph offered. “The players message was the same as the coaches. If you hear the same things from the players that you hear from the coaches then you know it’s real.” In addition to hanging out with the players, Joseph, who was making his second trip to Knoxville, got plenty of time with the coaching staff and the message he heard was about more than football. “That’s what stood out to me. They were talking academics first,” Joseph said. “They were talking academic and family. It wasn’t just football. It’s a decision where they could help me for the next 40 years.”
As for the football part, the message from Jeremy Pruitt and Chris Rumph was that Joseph could help them every down. “They feel like I could play any of the linebacker spots and could play any down,” Joseph explained. “They said they could see me playing inside on first and second down and then rush the passer on third down. I watched 11, 35 and 19 play last night. “I like their scheme. The defense is a good defense.” Joseph had been an outside only guy prior to this year. “I moved to inside backer this year and did pretty good. It wasn’t really tough. I am a fast learner,” Joseph said. “I like coming off the edge a lot and getting to the quarterback so I did that on third downs this fall.” Joseph said distance from home is not an issue and that right now he’s has no favorites. “I’m just trying to find the right fit for me and Tennessee is up there,” Joseph offered.
-VQ

I know im talking about the gators.
I would like to thank the University of Florida for offering me a scholarship to continue my education and play for their program,” Joseph said. “I want to thank the UF coaching staff and Gator fans for their continued support throughout my commitment. This was a very difficult decision for me to make, but I need to make sure I make the best decision for me.​

After a talk with my family and coaches, we feel it’s the best time to fully re-open my recruitment and de-commit from the University of Florida.”​
He added that Florida was still one of his “top schools moving forward in my opinion making sure he chose right?

Reactions: Type Orange+
I would like to thank the University of Florida for offering me a scholarship to continue my education and play for their program,” Joseph said. “I want to thank the UF coaching staff and Gator fans for their continued support throughout my commitment. This was a very difficult decision for me to make, but I need to make sure I make the best decision for me.​

After a talk with my family and coaches, we feel it’s the best time to fully re-open my recruitment and de-commit from the University of Florida.”​
He added that Florida was still one of his “top schools moving forward in my opinion making sure he chose right?
Weird. Idk.

VN Store

Back