‘23 FL CB Ja’Keem Jackson (Florida commit)

The other two corners Tennessee had in last weekend had a phenomenal time but will it be enough? Jakeem Jackson dropped a final 6 but he has told us it’s Florida and Tennessee. It’s hard to ignore he and his teammates all committing on the same day with Florida as the common school amongst the finalists for each.
-VQ

Gotta be a good sign for Jackson. And fla….. 🤣🤣🤣

And the other teammate, Will Norman, has an OSU CB from the OSU mod Kurelic who is very plugged in. So the idea that UF is the common denominator among finalists for these 3 and therefore is the likely pick for Jackson seems very flawed to me...

And the other teammate, Will Norman, has an OSU CB from the OSU mod Kurelic who is very plugged in. So the idea that UF is the common denominator among finalists for these 3 and therefore is the likely pick for Jackson seems very flawed to me...
Norman from IMG my guy, mean John walker?

Reactions: jvols1999
It just sucks right now. I know there will be other names pop up during the season. But missing on as many as your top targets as we have in this class absolutely blows.

What I'm concerned about is if we missed out on forming ties with other players by targeting players we're not landing. NIL is a big part of recruiting this year but forming bonds has always been a big part of recruiting. Did we waste valuable time chasing guys we have no shot of landing? Did landing Nico make us overconfident? Was too much put on the idea that Spyre would land these guys for us.

I think there are a lot of fair questions that can be asked. Before anyone accuses me of doom and gloom, I still think things shake out okay for us in the end. I don't think we'll be top 10 unless success in season has players flipping, but I still think we land a solid class.

But losing out on good players always hurts. No different than losing a game for me. Both sting like hell.

What I'm concerned about is if we missed out on forming ties with other players by targeting players we're not landing. NIL is a big part of recruiting this year but forming bonds has always been a big part of recruiting. Did we waste valuable time chasing guys we have no shot of landing? Did landing Nico make us overconfident? Was too much put on the idea that Spyre would land these guys for us.

I think there are a lot of fair questions that can be asked. Before anyone accuses me of doom and gloom, I still think things shake out okay for us in the end. I don't think we'll be top 10 unless success in season has players flipping, but I still think we land a solid class.

But losing out on good players always hurts. No different than losing a game for me. Both sting like hell.

To be honest, I really thought getting Nico would have brought in more blue chip recruits. That’s what’s happening at Texas with Arch, USC with Nelson and now Rashada at Miami. I am beyond happy with Nico as I believe he is the best QB in the 2023 class. But I do think it’s fair to say it made us way overconfident. I mean you had people saying we were gonna land 5-6 5* players. When now it’s looking like we will land only 1.

As far as wasting time chaising guys? Don’t know on that one. I do believe all the players we have missed on had legitimate interest in us. I believe they told the staff as much. So like with Mauigoa, if you have him telling you he is very interested along with Nico bonding with him, cannot really blame the staff for that. As far as Spyre goes? Well so many people said NIL is going to level the playing field and if you are not on that train then you will be left behind. Well weren’t we led to believe that our NIL was top notch? I mean right before the Tate commitment we were laughing at Day saying he needed money to keep his recruiting class. Then all of a sudden boom, they land 2 5* WRs and have had zero decommits.

I think it’s a multitude of things happening. Does winning help? Sure but think about it. Texas son 5 games last year. USC won 4. Yet look at their recruiting classes. Maybe we need to look at their staffs. Maybe some TN fans original fears about Heupels ability to recruit are starting to show. I just don’t really get it. I mean right now, South Carolina has more 4* players than we do. South Carolina.

To be honest, I really thought getting Nico would have brought in more blue chip recruits. That’s what’s happening at Texas with Arch, USC with Nelson and now Rashada at Miami. I am beyond happy with Nico as I believe he is the best QB in the 2023 class. But I do think it’s fair to say it made us way overconfident. I mean you had people saying we were gonna land 5-6 5* players. When now it’s looking like we will land only 1.

As far as wasting time chaising guys? Don’t know on that one. I do believe all the players we have missed on had legitimate interest in us. I believe they told the staff as much. So like with Mauigoa, if you have him telling you he is very interested along with Nico bonding with him, cannot really blame the staff for that. As far as Spyre goes? Well so many people said NIL is going to level the playing field and if you are not on that train then you will be left behind. Well weren’t we led to believe that our NIL was top notch? I mean right before the Tate commitment we were laughing at Day saying he needed money to keep his recruiting class. Then all of a sudden boom, they land 2 5* WRs and have had zero decommits.

I think it’s a multitude of things happening. Does winning help? Sure but think about it. Texas son 5 games last year. USC won 4. Yet look at their recruiting classes. Maybe we need to look at their staffs. Maybe some TN fans original fears about Heupels ability to recruit are starting to show. I just don’t really get it. I mean right now, South Carolina has more 4* players than we do. South Carolina.
Good grief can you at least let July and August play out till you go in freak out mode. We missed on Tate and Mauigoa that’s it so far. We still have a entire senior season to play out, there will be players emerge. We still look pretty good with several top prospects. I will reserve judgment before declaring our staff can’t recruit. I know dang well they can develop. We could still have a very good class, it’s way to early to be throwing in the towel that’s for sure. GBO!

Good grief can you at least let July and August play out till you go in freak out mode. We missed on Tate and Mauigoa that’s it so far. We still have a entire senior season to play out, there will be players emerge. We still look pretty good with several top prospects. I will reserve judgment before declaring our staff can’t recruit. I know dang well they can develop. We could still have a very good class, it’s way to early to be throwing in the towel that’s for sure. GBO!

I get your POV. but I see BOT's side as well. I think we should be able to have actual conversations on people's concerns without getting offended and going into attack mode.

We still have key needs to fill. I agree more names will pop up later, and in the end, things will shake out. But I also think it's okay to be concerned when reports of players trending away from us pop up. Like in this thread with Jackson and Matthews.

I am not freaking out. Never said our staff cannot recruit. I firmly believe we will have a good class. I am not throwing in the towel. Just voicing concerns and frustrations. We have missed out on a lot more than Tate and Mauigoa. We missed on a bunch of transfers we really wanted.

Texas is mostly getting guys from Texas. They have a ton of top recruits in that state. It’s an advantage for them. We’re at 10 on 247 and Miami is 9. USC is at 12

No. Burley, Kasper, Tate, Mauigoa....

I am not freaking out. Never said our staff cannot recruit. I firmly believe we will have a good class. I am not throwing in the towel. Just voicing concerns and frustrations. We have missed out on a lot more than Tate and Mauigoa. We missed on a bunch of transfers we really wanted.[/QUOTE

IF IF IF we missed out on both of those guys due to collective NOT outbidding two different schools there is nothing to worry about. These guys have to be good stewards of the money they have and APPEAR to have established numbers for recruits and stuck to them. Those that want them to impulsively spend would also be among the first to jump on them if the player does not pan out the first time he steps on the field.

There are going to be risk/reward calculations for the staff as they decide who to target and the collectives as they decide how to use the money to maximize the impact of the fans money, and they may not always align. It one thing to determine an athlete's rank on the position boards in the war room, another to monetize his comparative value in the NIL battles.

The only thing that is for sure, is that there is ZERO value add to the program when a subset of fans whine and bitch their way into rekindling TRAILER TRASH images of our fanbase with public displays. The existence of the EVERY SCHOOL HAS THEM doctrine is of little value. The quantity and quality (???) of displays are a real factor that both the staff and the collective have to battle. It is real, and if you don't believe it go back and look at other teams boards and talking head references to over the top displays.

The staff can find other players, we can't put the posts and tweets back in the gun. Discretion or lack of it IS WHAT IT IS. Especially when the reactions are made BEFORE enough facts about an incident are even out there for the grey matter to process. We have no idea of the value the collectives can help acquire by not out bidding on these guys and using the limited supply of money elsewhere. NIL is a real factor in this process now and we have to accept that.

VN Store

Back