‘23 FL CB Ja’Keem Jackson (Florida commit)

2 more DB’s committed to Florida today

4* Safety
4* CB

Wonder if Jackson is looking around
They also supposedly lead for the #1 CB on 247, Cormani McClain. I could understand why Jackson would look around.

Yeah because Martinez has really shown elite coaching abilities right? I mean he has proven his time here that he can develop right? Oh wait our secondary is one of the worst in all of college football. But yeah, let’s just all believe that Martinez is some kind of great coach at evaluating talent 🙄

So I guess you are one that thinks no fan can have a negative opinion about any member of this staff right? What’s next? Have a negative opinion means you aren’t a real fan right?

1665741750415.gif

Yeah because Martinez has really shown elite coaching abilities right? I mean he has proven his time here that he can develop right? Oh wait our secondary is one of the worst in all of college football. But yeah, let’s just all believe that Martinez is some kind of great coach at evaluating talent 🙄

So I guess you are one that thinks no fan can have a negative opinion about any member of this staff right? What’s next? Have a negative opinion means you aren’t a real fan right?

Also BOT, we as a fan base have waiting so long to be relevant. This season has been awesome to win up until this point. However we do have a few deficiencies on the current team. But damn it's been fun. Let's take it for what it is, there is absolutely no reason to gripe and complain in every single thread. This team is 5-0, we are not perfect in every aspect and never will be. But we are perfect up until this point in what matters most winning. My apologies to and the use of TWIT in the prior post. Go BIG ORANGE and yes sir we all want to win. WGWTFA tomorrow

Also BOT, we as a fan base have waiting so long to be relevant. This season has been awesome to win up until this point. However we do have a few deficiencies on the current team. But damn it's been fun. Let's take it for what it is, there is absolutely no reason to gripe and complain in every single thread. This team is 5-0, we are not perfect in every aspect and never will be. But we are perfect up until this point in what matters most winning. My apologies to and the use of TWIT in the prior post. Go BIG ORANGE and yes sir we all want to win. WGWTFA tomorrow
That's all that dude ever does....

Look no further

twss.gif

This is why coaches like to evaluate certain players and positions in camps. Sometimes highlights don't tell the whole story, good or bad. Lots of high school coaches teach things or have kids play a certain way that's not indicative of their actual talent. I'm not saying that this definitely applies in this specific case, but it happens a lot. In a camp the coaches can truly evaluate playing speed, length, hip flexibility, and if a player is coachable.
Well I remember watching a video of him getting torched at a camp by a Kentucky commitment so bad that the WR had to slow down to catch the ball and he still didn’t recover. I hope he ends up being a great player for us, but if we could get Jackson and Scott and only want to take 4 corners we should take both. Because they’re both better players than him. Jackson’s ball skills and speed are phenomenal. Scott may be a little more raw than Jackson, but he would be an absolute stud at the star position

Well I remember watching a video of him getting torched at a camp by a Kentucky commitment so bad that the WR had to slow down to catch the ball and he still didn’t recover. I hope he ends up being a great player for us, but if we could get Jackson and Scott and only want to take 4 corners we should take both. Because they’re both better players than him. Jackson’s ball skills and speed are phenomenal. Scott may be a little more raw than Jackson, but he would be an absolute stud at the star position
There is not a corner in the world that you could not find video of them getting burned. Every corner gets burned at some time, every. The key attribute you want out of a corner is a short memory. Snap and release, then shut that same WR down on the next play.

You ask a lot of bs questions. HE IS IN YEAR 2 TWIT... COMPARED TO WHAT THEY LOOKED LIKE LAST YEAR AND THE LACK OF TALENT LEFT I WOULD SAY THEY HAVE ALL DONE ***** WONDERS...... however wtf is your resume ?

How have they improved from last year? So I will ask this. So you mean to tell me that we have less talent in our secondary than every single SEC team plus teams like Akron, Charlotte, Ball State, Middle TN State, Navy, Eastern Michigan and Heorgia State? Is that what you are saying?

My resume is the same as yours. Keyboard warrior with no coaching experience whatsoever. So your high horse opinion means jack squat. Guess you are one of those who thinks fans cannot have negative opinions about coaches. That’s laughable.

Look at what Garner has done with the DL. What was he left with? Did he develop the guys he has? Yes he has. Good coaches develop the players they have. Garner is in year 2. There is a tremendous gap between the coaching ability of Garner and Martinez. And before you say it, Martinez has been coaching a long time.

Wtf do you mean how have they improved ? Last season people were taking the lid off. They choose to fight that problem by keeping everything underneath. Sure we give up yards etc. Stats dont tell the whole story. What about points, what about wins and losses ? Do you see anyone In this secondary who can play on an island ? Anyone ? Also I do believe we have defended more slants than the last 5 years combined....... FFS

Wtf do you mean how have they improved ? Last season people were taking the lid off. They choose to fight that problem by keeping everything underneath. Sure we give up yards etc. Stats dont tell the whole story. What about points, what about wins and losses ? Do you see anyone In this secondary who can play on an island ? Anyone ? Also I do believe we have defended more slants than the last 5 years combined....... FFS
I think Martinez deserves the benefit of the doubt for this year, but if our corners haven’t improved significantly midway through next season I think we may need to start looking at other options. We’ve seen with every aspect of the offense and front 6 of our defense that it doesn’t take 3-4 years to fix a position group. Hopefully Dee Williams is a guy that can play man coverage, because he certainly showed the athleticism coming out of JUCO. We NEED a top notch corner through the transfer portal after this season. Because there’s going to be a drop off in the offense once Hooker is gone. I think Milton will be solid, but he doesn’t have the pocket presence and elusiveness as a runner like Hooker. So we’re going to need the defense to step up big time next year

Reactions: TitanicVolz

I see you ignored my point about us having less talent than all those other teams. And no sorry our secondary hasn’t improved. If anything our DL play has made them look better than they actually are. Yea stats do tell the story. Points? Again, mainly on the DL. Wins and losses? Again our secondary has almost cost us two games. So the reason we are undefeated is because of our secondary? Get real.

As I said, 128th in pass defense. They haven’t improved from last year. Again, please address my points about having less talent than teams like Middle Tennessee State. Please tell me how we have less talent than them and say Vandy.

TBF, there are quite a few high 3 star, 4 star and a couple of almost 5 star guys on the DL and the lower ranked guys have a lot of experience at UT. Omari, Baron, BY, Terry, Simmons, Eason, Josephs, Pearce, West and then experienced lower ranked guys like R. Harrison and Bumphus.

Pretty sure only Tank, Turnage, Turrentine and Thomas (that's a lot of T's) were higher than mid level 3 stars and Turnage/Turrentine have barely played at their previous schools or UT while Thomas is a Freshman who has played even less. Dee Williams is the only other decently ranked guy in our secondary and his grade wasn't very high but his JuCo position ranking was. Burrell and Flowers have a good bit of experience but were middling 3 stars, though I think Burrell was a low 4 star on one site. Walker is experienced but not in our defense. Slaughter looked like a decent player in HS but also not highly ranked or tremendously experienced. McDonald was middling 3 star who has looked solid at times.

Point being that CRG has a lot more to work with and experienced LB's playing behind the DL that help a lot in shutting down the run and Banks is also a good pass rusher. CRG is also widely regarded as the best or at least top 2 or 3 DL coaches. Our secondary will look a lot different in coming years with the upgraded talent we have committed and a transfer or two that we are bound to get.

We lost our two best DB's from last year. We did lose Butler and one other whose name is escaping me off the DL but kept our most talented guys and added 3 VERY talented recruits. The comparison is not equitable and we also have a key injury and a possible suspension for 2 starters plus our best performing DB has a hamstring problem.
Also had an NCAA investigation limiting our portal activity.

Why so quick to judge Martinez before he even gets his players on campus? Let Martinez get a stable of highly ranked starters and backups and thing will look much different. DB is also arguably the most difficult position to play. He'll Eli Rick's can't get on the field at Bama and he was all-SEC and all-American potential at LSU.

I see you ignored my point about us having less talent than all those other teams. And no sorry our secondary hasn’t improved. If anything our DL play has made them look better than they actually are. Yea stats do tell the story. Points? Again, mainly on the DL. Wins and losses? Again our secondary has almost cost us two games. So the reason we are undefeated is because of our secondary? Get real.

As I said, 128th in pass defense. They haven’t improved from last year. Again, please address my points about having less talent than teams like Middle Tennessee State. Please tell me how we have less talent than them and say Vandy.

Dude chill the fk out. You spew this bullsh1t in every damn thread on here. Every ***** week. Its old and tired. We do not have talent in the secondary to play man coverage. These guys are not able to turn and run. So to make the defense more functional they play a soft zone. If they played man coverage we would be giving up more points simply because they can not run with D1 wr. The scheme is not bad and Martinez has coached mamy kids to the NFL he has also recruited them. The backend is not going to get magically better until we get talent. Seems to me Banks is pressuring up front giving a cushion in the middle by pulling the dbs back and making teams play mistake free. If they steal just 1 or 2 possessions they are ok with that.

Serious question bot...
Why does it seem the more we win, the more you complain and literally seem angry?

We are 5-0. The coaches are aware of what our deficiencies are and seem to be scheming around it. Hence giving up tons of yards but tightening up when the field shrinks and they can't run verticals or go routes on us.

Will it cost us a game... maybe.... might could even say yes with a fair chance of it being right.

We are playing with what we have....period. And so far it's worked.

Dude chill the fk out. You spew this bullsh1t in every damn thread on here. Every ***** week. Its old and tired. We do not have talent in the secondary to play man coverage. These guys are not able to turn and run. So to make the defense more functional they play a soft zone. If they played man coverage we would be giving up more points simply because they can not run with D1 wr. The scheme is not bad and Martinez has coached mamy kids to the NFL he has also recruited them. The backend is not going to get magically better until we get talent. Seems to me Banks is pressuring up front giving a cushion in the middle by pulling the dbs back and making teams play mistake free. If they steal just 1 or 2 possessions they are ok with that.
This.

It's frustrating to watch and painful to see in the statsheet the number of yards we give up in the air, but we are playing with what we have, and scheming ways to mask the talent deficiencies in the secondary and depth at LB as best we can. Control the run game, give up the middle of the field on short and intermediate, but don't get beat deep. We've been doing it all year. As the field shrinks in the red zone, we become more effective. They seem content to play it safe between the 20s.

BigAl, this guy is a troll and you're waisting your time going back and forth with him.

Christian Charles and Hadden aren’t talented? They look awful because they’re playing 10 yards off the receivers because that’s what they are told to do. People can’t run on us so they throw, so in then we give them the space to get the easy completions.
Our guys can most certainly run with “D1 Wr”, That’s one of the damn funniest things I’ve seen on here lol. McCullough eh, but that’s about the only guy that could even apply to. Again this is Jmo. Just because Martinez has put guys in the NFL who have been successful doesn’t mean his scheme shouldn’t be questioned.

I actually think what we’re doing is okay in a sense because we’re going to put up points regardless. We don’t have Bama talent on the backend obviously, but we’re not putting bums on the field and they are not incapable of playing man coverage.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Christian Charles and Hadden aren’t talented? They look awful because they’re playing 10 yards off the receivers because that’s what they are told to do. People can’t run on us so they throw, so in then we give them the space to get the easy completions.
Our guys can most certainly run with “D1 Wr”, That’s one of the damn funniest things I’ve seen on here lol. McCullough eh, but that’s about the only guy that could even apply to. Again this is Jmo. Just because Martinez has put guys in the NFL who have been successful doesn’t mean his scheme shouldn’t be questioned.

I actually think what we’re doing is okay in a sense because we’re going to put up points regardless. We don’t have Bama talent on the backend obviously, but we’re not putting bums on the field and they are not incapable of playing man coverage.
I agree that our scheme is a problem. I get the impression that our coaches don’t trust our backs so we play a loose zone to prevent the big play. This definitely creates space for a quarterback to sit back and dink and dunk us to death. id say if we played more man coverage we would have twice the number of sacks.

Reactions: Clevegasvol

Man coverage was awful against Pitt and Florida. We actually looked better in man against LSU and their very talented receivers than we did in some of our zone. We've played a bunch of match up zone which sometimes causes confusion. Haven't been all that great in those coverages. IMO, the heavier dose of live game reps for Charles and Haddon have accelerated their development schemeatically, which has been there biggest issue, IMO.

Reactions: Clevegasvol
Is someone still talking to Big Georgia Train? Just block that bum and be done with him. Never positive about anything with Tennessee but can’t wait to kiss Georgia’s ass.
Yea, he's pretty obvious. I don't block him. His posts are laughable once you realize what he is.

Reactions: KptVFL and SugarCC

VN Store

Back