FIVE BANDS...YOU CANNOT STAND?

I know I'll probably get stoned for saying this but I never got David Bowie. Never understood why he's so beloved. His music never did a thing for me. I appreciated Mick Ronson as a guitar player but I never though Bowie's songs were anything special.

Reactions: sona
Bruce Springsteen is country pop for people from Jersey.

Nickelback is too obvious but I really do hate any rock resembling them. Like Matchbox 20.

Last edited:
Let the hate flow through you...

For me:

1. Mumford and Sons...soulless hacks.
2. Foo Fighters...most generic rock every created.
3. Counting Crows... just annoying as hell.
4. 311..maybe its just that genre I hate?
5. Kiss...just terrible, had to put on a spectacle to make up for lack of any talent.
this is a good list. Mumford...sucks. Foo Fighters...suck. 311...suck...Kiss...suck.

Counting Crows, wrote good songs for other bands to cover better

Reactions: bignewt
Anyone have a song that poses an imminent threat to the continued existence of your car stereo as you smash the buttons in an attempt to stop the aural assault? I have several but one that sticks out is that God-awful Thee Non-Blondes song. Also anything written by Aerosmith after Done with Mirrors.

1. Anyone who covers the insipid “Big Yellow Taxi”.
2. Insane Clown Posse. Juggaloes are idiots.
3. Metallica. Don’t really hate them, just don’t get the appeal of 15 minute long 3-chord riffs.
4. Poison. Worst hair metal band. Period.
5. Nirvana. Grunge version of Metallica. Don’t really hate them, but don’t really get their appeal.

I have no idea what this means. Lol.

maybe mislike is a stronger version han dislike; and a little less disparaging than hate

well nickel bag? poster before used term, and i'd certainly not give a nickel (or nicklel bag) to see them or train

Anyone have a song that poses an imminent threat to the continued existence of your car stereo as you smash the buttons in an attempt to stop the aural assault? I have several but one that sticks out is that God-awful Thee Non-Blondes song. Also anything written by Aerosmith after Done with Mirrors.

Any Imagine Dragons song.

1. Beatles
2. Rush
3. Doors
4. Who
5. Any of the new country bands

While I appreciate contributions to musical history, any time the show up on Sirius, I change the channel. Only exception is Hey Jude.

You actually consider the songs on "Master of Puppets" and "... Justice" 3 chord riffs?

I’ll admit the hyperbole and just say that they’re the Alabama Crimson Tide of music. You have to give them credit for being great, but you don’t have to like them.

1. The Beatles
2. The Grateful Dead
3. Nickelback
4. 3 Doors Down
5. Staind
Also, any band that falls under the label of what I call "cock rock". All those crappy bands that fall into the nickleback, 3 doors, and staind category.

VN Store

Back