FIVE BANDS...YOU CANNOT STAND?

bignewt

The Scoffer Kid
Lab Rat
Let the hate flow through you...

For me:

1. Mumford and Sons...soulless hacks.
2. Foo Fighters...most generic rock every created.
3. Counting Crows... just annoying as hell.
4. 311..maybe its just that genre I hate?
5. Kiss...just terrible, had to put on a spectacle to make up for lack of any talent.

1. Staind - hate his voice and their songs suck.
2. Puddle of Mudd - see Staind
3. Imagine Dragons - nothing in particular, just don't like them
4. Buckcherry - even though they're a one hit wonder and that was years ago, I still can't stand their one song.
5. Fun - the guy can't really sing that well, his vocals were so autotuned and over produced. When they performed live he sucked.

Honorable mention - Nickelback/Creed - yeah it's pretty much cliche now to hate on them and both aren't nearly as big anymore....but they both still suck.

1. Imagine Dragons - Catchy at first . . . then you feel your soul deflating.
2. Dave Matthews Band - like a college band that just won't stop.
3. Black Eyed Peas - Some creative stuff, then they let Fergie sing.
4. Maroon 5 - I think I hate them because Adam Lavigne is so much better looking than I am.
5. Bruce Springsteen - I know this isn't a band, but still. I can't stand the sound of his voice.

4. Maroon 5 - I think I hate them because Adam Lavigne is so much better looking than I am.
5. Bruce Springsteen - I know this isn't a band, but still. I can't stand the sound of his voice.

I like some DMB songs but I find them overall incredibly overrated. I saw them way back at Starwood in the mid 90s and I fell asleep and I didn't even drink that much there. The most boring concert I've ever seen.

There aren't a lot of rock bands that I honestly can't stand, as in I can't bear to be in a room where the song is being played.

With the notable exception of the Prodigy, I absolutely cannot stand EDM. My wife is into it, and I have to leave the room if she has it on.

Reactions: ACvol3
Let the hate flow through you...

For me:

1. Mumford and Sons...soulless hacks.
2. Foo Fighters...most generic rock every created.
3. Counting Crows... just annoying as hell.
4. 311..maybe its just that genre I hate?
5. Kiss...just terrible, had to put on a spectacle to make up for lack of any talent.

I have tomatoes to throw at you. Only #2 and #4...the rest...yeah.

1. Staind - hate his voice and their songs suck.
2. Puddle of Mudd - see Staind
3. Imagine Dragons - nothing in particular, just don't like them
4. Buckcherry - even though they're a one hit wonder and that was years ago, I still can't stand their one song.
5. Fun - the guy can't really sing that well, his vocals were so autotuned and over produced. When they performed live he sucked.

Honorable mention - Nickelback/Creed - yeah it's pretty much cliche now to hate on them and both aren't nearly as big anymore....but they both still suck.
GREAT LIST. Though I'll always have a bit of a soft spot for .fun because the lead singer was in The Format, which I did enjoy. They'd put on live shows on the fly in parks using tubs, cans, and whistles and were a lot of...fun. Saw them at Bonnaroo (.fun), and it was honestly a forgettable show though.

Last edited:
#1 Imagine Dragons

#2 Nickelback

#3 Machine Gun Kelly (not a band, but had to add him)

#4 Puddle of Mudd

#5) Florida-Georgia Line and anything like it

Hoborable Mention: The National

Last edited:
I like some DMB songs but I find them overall incredibly overrated. I saw them way back at Starwood in the mid 90s and I fell asleep and I didn't even drink that much there. The most boring concert I've ever seen.
DMB had their day. For me they were a gateway to some much better entertainers - Bela Fleck, North Mississippi Allstars, Gary Clark Jr, Gov't Mule...

Good list. Bruce is #1 for me. Most overrated musician in the history of music.

Hard for me to rank the rest. Could basically pick names out of a hat of modern pop music.

I have tomatoes to throw at you. Only #2 and #4...the rest...yeah.

Lol I'll never get the foo fighters love. If Grohl hadn't been living on Cobain's legacy all these years he would be working at Best Buy. Utterly unoriginal elevator rock music.

Reactions: Jackcrevol
Too many for me to pick just 5. Agree with others on imagine dragons, dmb, Springsteen. Can’t stand cage the elephant/arctic monkeys type crap I hear on the radio. I hate lots of music though so idk

Reactions: golfballs
Too many for me to pick just 5. Agree with others on imagine dragons, dmb, Springsteen. Can’t stand cage the elephant/arctic monkeys type crap I hear on the radio. I hate lots of music though so idk
Cage the elephant is nothing like Arctic monkeys. Cage has a very cool retro sound.

Lol I'll never get the foo fighters love. If Grohl hadn't been living on Cobain's legacy all these years he would be working at Best Buy. Utterly unoriginal elevator rock music.
Dave seems like such a nice guy though lol. It's kind of amazing the number of recognizable FF songs there are. Easy to forget that Nirvana just didn't last very long.

Dave seems like such a nice guy though lol. It's kind of amazing the number of recognizable FF songs there are. Easy to forget that Nirvana just didn't last very long.
Dave seems like a pretentious acehole. Honestly he has a very Tiger esque reputation with fans. That said he is immensely talented and I enjoy his music.

Bruce is the Boss for a reason.

First 3 records were good—then it started getting pretty generic afterwards. He did a good job playing drums on the QOTSA album too. But I haven’t bought any of his music since the early 2000s. FF was my 1st concert so I have a soft spot for them. I could of chose a lot worse bands to like in the late 90’s/early 2000s.

I’ll call your Phish and raise you a Wide Spread Panic. I hated jam bands in the 2000s. Yuck.
Phish is trash. Panic was good, up until their founding member passed away. Well, and I grew up. My wife dragged me to a show in 2011. Almost ended up in a fight, grown man. Real job, almost got in a fight 🤦🏼‍♂️

Lousy show. Terrible atmosphere. Was like a frat party. People were wasted.

Reactions: TC 83

VN Store

Back