Fishing Pictures Thread

About 28"... most that were caught fall in the 25-32" range. The slot limit is 30" to 36"... they are considered breeders and must go back into the lake.
Weren't they trying to cull as many as possible not long ago to help the bull trout out?

All those in the cooler come from the same place. It's a private lake, and slap full of bass. My friend's family own it, and his dad and uncles all eat them, so he keeps everything we catch, and cleans them for them.

Weren't they trying to cull as many as possible not long ago to help the bull trout out?
Yes... biologists screwed up again. Introduced lake trout to eat some other species... now the native bull trout are in decline. So... removing lake trout is the plan, but the commercial guides are making a killing so they are trying to preserve the lake trout fishery. If you like lake trout fishing this is a great place.

Lake trout are not as delectable as bull trout. If they’re introduced, fish ‘em out.

Here’s one from the beach at St George Island while you’re digging. View attachment 417273
Here’s a recent picture from mid November at Dog Island. Now this is a school of fish! 😂Caught White Trout until our arms were sore
Love that area down there. Been going for 40 years

Attachments

• 2E243463-491B-484C-A1A2-02385E6C73AE.jpeg
    2E243463-491B-484C-A1A2-02385E6C73AE.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 24
Reactions: Newman
Here’s a recent picture from mid November at Dog Island. Now this is a school of fish! 😂Caught White Trout until our arms were sore
Love that area down there. Been going for 40 years
We’re headed down there in 2 weeks.
Can’t wait

20211209_171905.jpg

I took off early today to go scout a new spot in the kayak. Mostly scouted but still did a little fishing. Probably caught about 10 or 12 trout but only kept these 4 fat ones. Caught a couple undersized reds and mangroves. Not too bad for two hours of "work"

View attachment 419032

I took off early today to go scout a new spot in the kayak. Mostly scouted but still did a little fishing. Probably caught about 10 or 12 trout but only kept these 4 fat ones. Caught a couple undersized reds and mangroves. Not too bad for two hours of "work"

Nice and speckled.
brook trout or brown?

Last edited:
View attachment 419032

Nice! My wife caught some huge mangroves last July at St. Andrews marina in pcb. None of mine were keepers 🤣

Reactions: Tin Man
Think its a speckled trout, considering he mentioned red and mangrove snapper.

Correct

I mostly do creek fishing for saltwater fish and a bunch of surf fishing. I do a couple dedicated bass trips each year, looking for a 13 lber to mount, but mostly stick to the saltwater stuff here in NE FL.

Correct

I mostly do creek fishing for saltwater fish and a bunch of surf fishing. I do a couple dedicated bass trips each year, looking for a 13 lber to mount, but mostly stick to the saltwater stuff here in NE FL.

13 lber is getting into rare company. Whats the biggest bass you have caught to date?

VN Store

Back