First Tennessee football game you attended

Florida-Tennessee 1985.

Back when the heat from the Astro-turf would melt a player’s shoes and band members would be taken to the hospital when performing at half time in wool uniforms.

Good times
. Those early to mid September games in Gainesville are brutally hot and humid

I was there to. My dad said the clouds and storm would pass by the stadium and it wouldn’t rain on us. He was wrong we got soaked lol
My wife and I had a blast other than the out come of the score. We've been down for a game atleast every year since. Except for 2020. The people were incredible. Been in some big stadiums but Neyland has to be my favorite. The atmoshere the noise the orange and the traditions are 2nd to none. We have a power T flag out front of the house and we wear our orange up here.

95 in birmingham. Went to the next 17 TN al games. Had to stop when my son was born 4 days before one. Got my wife and son home on Friday. My wife tried to convince me to go but I couldn’t leave em. She told me later I made the right choice. Great run tho.

Reactions: BigOrangeAl 1979
. Those early to mid September games in Gainesville are brutally hot and humid
IIRC, that year was before our regular series started. In 1985 the Florida game was played in early October. IIRC, it was either one or two weeks before we played Alabama in Birmingham.

My first game was Tennessee vs. Kentucky, 1968, won by Tennessee 24-7.

Could not remember the team for my first game but Bowden Wyatt was the coach and Glen Glass was the tailback in the single wing, either 58' or 59' . At least this is the best my memory can provide. Possibly went to a game a year earlier Pretty sure we were already in our seats in section V about 50 rows up. Seven or eight years old...

For me, 88. My first bama game. My dad brought my brother and his buddy, both obnoxious bammers. Keith Delong had eleventy tackles and was the best player on the field that day. But majors played conservative and we couldn’t move the ball that day. I had to ride home 6 hours with that bullshat.

Oh and we were all so impressed by Keith, we all waited outside the locker room. My brothers friend had him sign his bama hat. He did it with a smile and class.

VN Store

Back