First Tennessee football game you attended

Louisiana Monroe game in 2000. We won 70-3 and as a kid it was incredible. Stayed the whole game at the very top of the stadium with my mom.

Reactions: N.ohio vol
The first game I remember vividly was Vandy in 91. Vols won 45-0. I was 8 years old.

Tennessee vs Air Force 2006. If I remember right we won 31-30. Was very young at the time but I can remember Inky going down.
Almost lost that game I think we stopped them on a two point conversion to win. Chavis couldn’t stop that Triple option for nothing and unfortunately the awful Inky injury.

Reactions: RockyTop140
1975 in Neyland against Colorado State. My Pop Warner coach, who was a Tennessee alum, took our whole team. We sat in the north end zone bleachers, and only the right side upper deck in the south end was completed.

1998 Arkansas game. I was in high school and my Dad decided to drive to Knoxville last minute and bought tickets from a scalper. I remember it being a dreary day that ended in elation. Sorry to the people who got a popcorn shower when the stumble fumble happened.

Reactions: CubsFanTN
Tennessee 41 Wake Forest 7
October 31, 1970
Memphis Memorial Stadium

Beautiful crisp Halloween day. I still remember coming out of the tunnel as an 8 year old to see the Vols warming up in person for the first time.

Almost lost that game I think we stopped them on a two point conversion to win. Chavis couldn’t stop that Triple option for nothing and unfortunately the awful Inky injury.
I remember watching that game on tv. It was Xavier Mitchell that made the stop. Whenever Darrell Taylor made the stop against GT a few years back it felt like deja vu.

Reactions: BigOrangeAl 1979
I was 2 in a half................1972 Ole Miss game. UT 17-0

First one I remember was 1975 Utah game. UT 40-7

CT - I remember that '75 Utah game...I was 5. Sat in the old green bleachers in North End Zone. I distinctly remember the 2 Utah players they sent up into the stands in pregame warmups to catch field goal attempts. I guess they were worried UT fans would steal the footballs....

Reactions: peaygolf
UT vs Cincy in Neyland...1992. I was a senior in high school, new to Tennessee, and that school visit and game sealed it for me. Got to campus Aug. 1993.

Reactions: gnm53108

VN Store

Back