Fire Pruitt tonight

I think Jeremy Pruitt will resign or be fired in December

Gosh, it's possible. Can't see anyone in their right mind resigning and leaving the buyout behind. But go 2-10, then it migt happen. Otherwise, we probably won't go nuclear on a 2nd year coach, when we already are paying 1 buyout, then followed by another.
Pruitt is playing a lot of freshmen in big roles already. To me, it looks like he's been given the green light to be secure for 2019, no matter the results. He's coaching for 2020 and beyond it appears. Remember Lou Holtz going 0-12 his first season at USC. That's not possible had he been trying to win those games at all cost.

Gosh, it's possible. Can't see anyone in their right mind resigning and leaving the buyout behind. But go 2-10, then it migt happen. Otherwise, we probably won't go nuclear on a 2nd year coach, when we already are paying 1 buyout, then followed by another.
Pruitt is playing a lot of freshmen in big roles already. To me, it looks like he's been given the green light to be secure for 2019, no matter the results. He's coaching for 2020 and beyond it appears. Remember Lou Holtz going 0-12 his first season at USC. That's not possible had he been trying to win those games at all cost.
Lou Holtz inherited a huge mess when he took over South Carolina. He did go 0-11 with a significantly less talented team than what Pruitt had last year and this year. He managed to go 8-4 his second year there. Why? Because he was actually a great coach. Which is something that Pruitt is not.

Let Pruitt finish the season. Let the chips fall where they may. If he regressed in his record from last year, can him. If he tied or progressed his record from last year, keep him. But Year 3, no winning record, it'll be time for him to go.

Just my 2 cents.....

So.. let me guess. You have a problem with JG?? Stand in line. Allowing that EVERYTHING you said is true, we were STILL in the ballgame at the end. If Taylor doesn't lose his mind and makes a play he's been taught to make since youth league ball, then the game probably turns out differently. In a game of many glaring errors, Taylor's screw up stands out the most. and I was sober, asshat..

UT should have NEVER BEEN IN DANGER OF THE GAME BEING TIED OR LOST IN REGULATION OVER ONE PLAY!!! If UT had a COMPITENT QB, UT is up by at least 2 TDs with a few minutes left in the 4th QUARTER!!!

While severely disappointed in Pruitt's result thus far, I haven't thrown in the towel yet. All I can say is that if he pulls this season out with 6 or more wins, and then goes on to improve every year thereafter eventually to 10+ win seasons, it might be material worthy of a book or a movie.

Reactions: vols40

VN Store

Back