Fire Pruitt tonight

Fhar fhar fhar. 14 games into a dumpster fire inheritance and the fans want us to fhar the coach because we're not mostly turned around. Every time we fhar someone early, we spiral down another notch to recovery.

I’m not saying fire the guy, but we’re getting worse. If we were seeing steady improvement, I don’t think folks would be as mad.

To all you numb nuts who thinks Pruitt needs to go, was he the one that caused the busted coverage with 13 seconds left to go. I will say Chaney got way to predictable down the stretch with the off tackle run. JG needs to be benched
Who is the numb nut that keeps playing JG??

Firing Pruitt and staff would be the worst possible thing for this program. Use this year to develop the talent that has obviously been brought in (Toot, Wanya, Wright and others). Bench JG immediately. We have 10 more games to build for 2 years from now. Just how it is. Starting over makes no sense.
Yeah keeping a guy that is leading us to the abyss is definitely the way to go.

Yeah, because JG missing two opportunities for easy TDs, having a tipped pass that could have been picked end up being a lucky TD (aside of effort on JJ's part), staring down a receiver and throwing into triple coverage straight to a defender to change the momentum of the game, and staring down all receivers all night wasn't an issue at all. It was all on the D. Yeah, right, when you get sober and a clue, we will all welcome you back here!!! LOL

So.. let me guess. You have a problem with JG?? Stand in line. Allowing that EVERYTHING you said is true, we were STILL in the ballgame at the end. If Taylor doesn't lose his mind and makes a play he's been taught to make since youth league ball, then the game probably turns out differently. In a game of many glaring errors, Taylor's screw up stands out the most. and I was sober, asshat..

Reactions: 37L1
Just imagine all the money we have given to coaches that were fired....sad sad...we need to stay out of the 1 dollar bin at Walmart.

Resign - Lol He has a buyout clause Knuckehead.
We can start developing with a new coach immediately. Put Chaney as interim HC and move Tee to OC.

I would put Jim Chaney as interim head coach because Tee Martin isn't ready for a head coaching job. Watch who you call knucklehead!

We should probably wait til later in the season but the search for next year’s coach should’ve started last Saturday.

We? Who is this we you're talking about? There doesn't need to be a search for next year's coach because UT already has him and his name is Jeremy Pruitt.

Seriously, it's crazy how folks don't seem to notice how we got into this situation. You don't get out of a hole you dug by digging more. Even if Pruitt is the wrong guy, you've got to give him the 3rd season just to get the roster to full strength for the next guy.
We are not going to get the roster to full strength with Pruitt. The current recruits for the 2020 class will soon back off their verbal commitments.

So you're a redneck if you want Jeremy Pruitt fired? Really,really freaking stupid!

Yes, you're a redneck if you think that Tennessee is going to decide to
1) fire a guy that is 14 games into his tenure
2) With 6 of the last 9 seasons being below .500
3) While they're still paying the last coach they fired multiple millions of dollars
4) While Jeremy Pruitt would still be owed anywhere from $9-12 million.
5) Simultaneously thinking they will pay big money to hire a sure thing (which doesn't exist).

So yes. I said redneck. But simpleton would also work. Someone with a very low level of consciousness and an inability to process complex situations. Pick your descriptor, but the FAHHRRR outrage crowd almost always fits a certain stereotype.

Yes, you're a redneck if you think that Tennessee is going to decide to
1) fire a guy that is 14 games into his tenure
2) With 6 of the last 9 seasons being below .500
3) While they're still paying the last coach they fired multiple millions of dollars
4) While Jeremy Pruitt would still be owed anywhere from $9-12 million.
5) Simultaneously thinking they will pay big money to hire a sure thing (which doesn't exist).

So yes. I said redneck. But simpleton would also work. Someone with a very low level of consciousness and an inability to process complex situations. Pick your descriptor, but the FAHHRRR outrage crowd almost always fits a certain stereotype.
th2LUD9ZTO.jpg

Ignore is a great function on the Volnation Message Board

Don’t be the jack wagon screaming for Pruitt’s head week two of his 2nd yr. The guy is a coach. Even some of his stud guys he has recruited have to have time to develop. We have a guy that I honestly believe can right the ship but for the love of all the football gods let the man have time to build a program.

I honestly don’t think this is on Pruitt. I don’t think he has the talent and most importantly experience to make a huge splash early. Yes we have a lot of new / young talent, but freshmen 4stars against senior experience 2-3 stars are likely going to get beaten. Every extra practice and development opportunity is crucial ( one of the biggest benefits to going to a bowl in my opinion), so having an extra year not only to better learn the skills but also to develop into a cohesive unit is a massive advantage. We have to give him time. My only fear is that new recruits will give up on us before he gets the young blood playing well.

Now I will question the misalignments and that type of mistake. Is that coaching, too difficult a change in defensive scheme, or are those players simply not up to the challenge. To this I have no idea

From my standpoint Tennessee has subpar players. Nothing against these players but most aren’t talented enough to play in the SEC, lets be honest. This is the culmination of incompetent, if not lazy, recruiting efforts since day 1 of Kiffen to the present. Maybe it’s not the current coach, maybe he’s having to work with the reasons previous coaches have been fired. This is simply my opinion and i could be completely incorrect.

Reactions: SobeVol
No one wants to feel good about the direction of the program more than me, but I see a QB who is regressing - 2 pics already after throwing only 2 in the first 8 games last year even with a line that’s a little better and the same WRs - a defense that still can’t line up properly even after being in the system for 18 months, blown assignments, etc. The only positives I see right now is we have 2 RBs who are explosive. But all that has to be taken in context with who we’ve played the last 2 weeks. I doubt we get anything done in conference play on offense

The defense that could not line up properly, gave up 16 points. 7 on a short field.

Again, people are miserable and need to find things to complain about.

VN Store

Back