Fire Pruitt [merged]

Should Jeremy Pruitt be fired?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Sure did. But that isn’t the same team or locker room now is it?
Mostly the same. And same ****** result and effort. And isn’t that a bigger indictment? Not the same team but same effort? I mean Jesus we have looked like the worst team in the country for three games.

Mostly the same. And same ****** result and effort.

But once again, it’s not the same roster or locker room. Additionally, the 2019 season still has 11 games left. You’re sitting here saying that 3 games out of 13 with 11 more to go somehow speak for the whole picture.

Unless you can guarantee what will or won’t happen, you really have no idea what you’re talking about. Because the crowd saying fire Pruitt now are the same ones guaranteeing a 1-7 stArt this year. Everyone lives life with zero guarantees but in Tennessee, we can guarantee everything that will happen and need to make irrational decisions based on those blind assumptions.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Obviously it’s the same team considering they just got dominated on.both sides of the ball against Ga St.

Must have missed all those players that graduated last year wearing new numbers on Saturday to hide they were still over extending their eligibility.

You guys are hilarious.

It’s also abundantly clear that none of you guys calling for Pruitt’s immediate firing have zero experience in running a business or being in management with all these kneejerk reactions.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
And I’m sure Neyland and Fulmer would both share that one game doesn’t define a career or program.

If you really have the program’s success at the top of the list, you’re not firing Pruitt after the first game of the season in his second year unless you want to set the program back another decade. Because doing that means you are begging coaches to come here and they would be coaches of mid major schools, not coaches that are hot commodities across the country at other programs

If you believe Fulmer gave Pruitt the free ride you want to grant him for what happened on Saturday, then I think you are in for a surprise.

Neyland would not hesitate to let a man go who failed to have his team prepared to compete at the end of a second year where you are truly accountable and responsible for the product on the field in all regards.

And here you are wanting to give him multiple years to turn this team into the modern-day SEC equivalent of Sewanee.

You lose like that to Georgia State because your team was unprepared to play and you should be put on notice that things had better get better and fast. You earned that much with the team you put on the field and the effort they put into it.

Must have missed all those players that graduated last year wearing new numbers on Saturday to hide they were still over extending their eligibility.

You guys are hilarious.

What's hilarious is you pretending that there's not a connection given the guy in charge of these "different" rosters.

If you believe Fulmer gave Pruitt the free ride you want to grant him for what happened on Saturday, then I think you are in for a surprise.

Neyland would not hesitate to let a man go who failed to have his team prepared to compete at the end of a second year where you are truly accountable and responsible for the product on the field in all regards.

And here you are wanting to give him multiple years to turn this team into the modern-day SEC equivalent of Sewanee.

You lose like that to Georgia State because your team was unprepared to play and you should be put on notice that things had better get better and fast. You earned that much with the team you put on the field and the effort they put into it.

Who’s granting anyone a free ride?

But once again, it’s not the same roster or locker room. Additionally, the 2019 season still has 11 games left. You’re sitting here saying that 3 games out of 13 with 11 more to go somehow speak for the whole picture.

Unless you can guarantee what will or won’t happen, you really have no idea what you’re talking about. Because the crowd saying fire Pruitt now are the same ones guaranteeing a 1-7 stArt this year. Everyone lives life with zero guarantees but in Tennessee, we can guarantee everything that will happen and need to make irrational decisions based on those blind assumptions.

Seems like you're guaranteeing a 5 or 10 year setback if he were to be fired.?? How exactly do you know??

It’s also abundantly clear that none of you guys calling for Pruitt’s immediate firing have zero experience in running a business or being in management with all these kneejerk reactions.

Have your staff unprepared to do their work and see how long your boss allows you to stay on that job.

What's hilarious is you pretending that there's not a connection given the guy in charge of these "different" rosters.

Naw man. Just know that blowing everything up after one game into the season isn’t gonna result into some magical success all because we have some hormonal fans pms’ing

What are you gaining from keeping Pruitt 5 more years?

How in the world does keeping a HC that hasn’t shown any improvement help us in the long run?

I can’t guarantee ****. What I can say is this head coach has put a product on the field that was embarrassing for three straight games. I don’t know how anyone can defend the last three games. I get you say it’s one. But it’s not. For the season it counts as one. But this team is uninterested.

Have your staff unprepared to do their work and see how long your boss allows you to stay on that job.

One unprepared day doesn’t even come close to defining the year. Not that hard to understand. And making a decision on an employee given the current state of affairs financially on one said Day is something no one would do.

What are you gaining from keeping Pruitt 5 more years?

How in the world does keeping a HC that hasn’t shown any improvement help us in the long run?

There you go again throwing out these “guarantees”.....

Pruitt isn’t guaranteed to get 5 years, much less 4. The fact y’all are claiming that if he doesn’t get fired now, he will be around 5 years shows how foolish y’all are being. Realistically, Pruitt gets 3 years minimum. The only way he doesn’t see year 3 is if we have another 4-8 season and recruiting absolutely tanks. Like scorched earth tanks.

However, if we have another 5-7 season and recruiting stays the same or grows as expected, there is no reason to fire him before season 3.

Tennessee isn’t going to fire Pruitt and throw a 9 million dollar buyout on top of Butch’s just to hire some mid major coach because that’s exactly what will happen. No reputable coach worth a damn will come here after seeing a coach fired 13 games in and Tennessee not be able to put the cash to be competitive.

One unprepared day doesn’t even come close to defining the year. Not that hard to understand. And making a decision on an employee given the current state of affairs financially on one said Day is something no one would do.

It is not one day. It is an evaluation of a season of development, of preparation, of conditioning. These are the fundamentals a head coach must control to be successful.

The one day in question, the defeat at Georgia State, is the end product of multiple months and days of failure to do the basics necessary to actually say you are in forward momentum in a rebuilding process.

Naw man. Just know that blowing everything up after one game into the season isn’t gonna result into some magical success all because we have some hormonal fans pms’ing

That's what you're not getting...I - speaking only for myself - am not expecting any magical success. Just a team that competes and plays with effort. That, my friend, is not an unreasonable thing.

Your financial argument holds more water and as always will be why we will likely see CJP in 2020.

I have a team of 726 who work for me.

Go pitch your 726 employees on the idea of firing Pruitt with his 9 million dollar buyout on top of Butch’s 8 million dollar buyout and then having a pool of mid major coaches to hire from and get back to me. You lucked into your “management position” if you think there is anything business smart short term and long term about firing Pruitt right now

It is not one day. It is an evaluation of a season of development, of preparation, of conditioning. These are the fundamentals a head coach must control to be successful.

The one day in question, the defeat at Georgia State, is the end product of multiple months and days of failure to do the basics necessary to actually say you are in forward momentum in a rebuilding process.

So after one game into the season, you can forecast how the rest of the season will go?

You’re sitting here saying that you can guarantee how each remaining game will result?

If you can say yes to that question, then sure, fire Pruitt. But if you can’t, you’re showing complete stupidity by trying to legitimize the argument for cutting Pruitt loose now.

PRUITT Needs to go back to calling the Defense; (HIS FORTE, BTW) Let Chaney call the offense; put Tee on the sideline. That's the trouble I see.
It's one of about 15 problems we have. But you aren't wrong. Pruitt was elite at that in the past. Also last year against Auburn. I'd still fire him though at the end of the year unless he really shows evidence of us improving

Reactions: JohnWardForever
So after one game into the season, you can forecast how the rest of the season will go?

You’re sitting here saying that you can guarantee how each remaining game will result?

If you can say yes to that question, then sure, fire Pruitt. But if you can’t, you’re showing complete stupidity by trying to legitimize the argument for cutting Pruitt loose now.

To sit there and claim this defeat as an accident or an anomaly is to ignore the facts as they appeared on the ground. We weren't defeated by accident or by chance. We were dominated. We were out-worked. We were out-conditioned by a substandard opponent.

Georgia State dominated our lines of scrimmage. Is there anyone left on this schedule outside of UTC who has less talent on the lines than Georgia State?

If you cannot defeat Georgia State in the trenches, then you quite frankly are not going to win many football games.

You are Jeremy Pruitt's Baghdad Bob, incapable of dealing in the reality of what went down Saturday.

I see everyone is still all butt hurt over the game 3 days later lol. Chill out. See what team comes to play against BYU. You all are acting like the wold is ending for the University of Tennessee football program. We sucked, yes. We weren’t ready, yes, we got beat by a far inferior team, yes. Does that mean this team can’t come out and play their asses off for the rest of the year? No. Can this team not shows huge strides in being coached up? Pruitt is trying to build a program. Will he be successful? Who knows but One game and it being the only thing you have to base off of this year is pretty silly. I believe this team will show us their fight Saturday. If they don’t. We do have a problem and a big one.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL

VN Store

Back