Fire Chaney

I can't even with you all.

You all act like there is someone on the roster who would give us a better chance at winning.....NO JG isn't a great QB....but he's what we have.

How can you people not see that?

Either of the other 2 QBs on the roster were all we had for the season....we wouldn't have gone bowling. They both turn the ball over about as often as they throw TD passes.

Again NO JG isn't the best QB ever......but is the the best we have......without question.....and if you can't see that, you have a single digit football I.Q.

This isn't about a "feeling" or a "thought" this is about STATS....you know.....actual data.

Reactions: GoVolunteers
I agree jg just doesn't have it, and it appears most of coaching staff has spent most of their time with him. He took all of the reps with the ones in spring and fall practice, and almost every game we played this year. I still think maurer and shrout will be good, they should have been the starter from the first game of season, and they would have improved dramitacally thougout the season.
JG has had to deal with adversity but they all do, and actually he should be tops in the SEC, he just can’t be consistent. Think about Dobbs progression in comparison, he didn’t put up all world numbers but he was a difference maker and a great play maker + leader! I expected JG to show significant improvement in this game, he just simply regressed. I thought for the most part the O line did a nice job giving him time and the receivers bailed him out on some throws. As much ball as he’s played to this point he should not have been as late on throws, almost every one. Heck if he would’ve made most of them on time, we potentially win by 14+.

So this thread is sort of crazy. Absolutely some of the play calling made me want to pull my hair out. I used some very colorful language as I watched the play calling from the stands (fueled in no small part by the copious alcohol that was perpetually at my disposal). But despite this, we have to all recognize that it would be extremely ill advised to respond immediately with a “fire Jim Chaney thread.” This is the best oc we are going to get around here, and we are playing the best qb on our roster, without question. So just deal it. Sorry joe burrow isn’t on the roster. But perhaps soon . . .

JG has had to deal with adversity but they all do, and actually he should be tops in the SEC, he just can’t be consistent. Think about Dobbs progression in comparison, he didn’t put up all world numbers but he was a difference maker and a great play maker + leader! I expected JG to show significant improvement in this game, he just simply regressed. I thought for the most part the O line did a nice job giving him time and the receivers bailed him out on some throws. As much ball as he’s played to this point he should not have been as late on throws, almost every one. Heck if he would’ve made most of them on time, we potentially win by 14+.
maybe the real mistake was not putting Mauer in for a series earlier and lighting the “coming off the bench“ fire under him earlier in the game

I do. Also know they made a questionable hire, promoting from within. While Coley has been an OC, he was tending downward.

Sorry, but I see a lot more problems with the offense than bad QB play. JGs efficiency went down under Chaney with improved line play and skill positions.

Got some stats to go with those fries?

Don't if this has been posted, but we already fired the coach that told Trevor Lawrence to take a hike, let Chaney get his own style QB's in place

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
I just hope we see a quantum leap next year. This year Chaney did not pay off with actual offensive improvement. We returned more experience, better new talent, and played a much weaker schedule vs 2018 and we averaged 2 more points per game. Still finished in the bottom 20 percent in the SEC and nation in all areas of the offense.

Georgia returned only 5 starters on offense. Fromme and 4 OL, they had to replace their entire wr corps, rb, and TE. So its pretty disingenuous to claim they returned a lot of starters on offense. That said, they went 12-2 this year vs 11-3 last year and still averaged over 30ppg and two of their low scoring games were played basically in hurricane/monsoon conditions.

I agree. However when you have a QB constantly losing or close to losing games it’s time to move on at all costs. JG needs to transfer. We don’t need to play him. Ever
Thing is the other two are worse than him. Maurer is pretty talented but is reckless and will consistently throw into double coverage

Reactions: GoVolunteers
You said a mouth full then !!! Same plays year after year.
If they don't work try something new, it's like we only have 3
maybe 4 plays?????????????????????????????????????????????????
Fire the Joke !!

Exactly. Less sacks means better protection, which means efficiency should go up. When you look at what weapons they had available I think Chaney did a terrible job with JG. You’ll NEVER hear me say JG is a good QB, but my expectations (shared in this forum) for what I thought Chaney would do for JG didn’t happen at all. This team won 8 because of defense improvement. The win was great, but what’s lost is, talent wise, we were two touchdowns better. Maybe JG is the one QB who can’t get better than where he is right now, but I doubt it.

Poor throws to the endzone. We could've had 18 more points on the board in the bowl

Zero innovation in this boring predictable offense.

I'm no Chaney apologist, I think he has his limitations. However, with JG staring down his first target at the snap, every defense can predict who the balls going to. That's why it works in the middle of the field and not so much in the red zone. More territory to account for allows some execution, less territory in the red, means they can disrupt. Knowing that, and that Chaney isn't innovative or creative, makes it very easy for a defense to disrupt everything. Chaney needs a guy who can progress, JG needs someone who will scheme up things to confuse the defense presnap. They simply don't fit each other. Maurer is altogether another problem, he just winging like backyard football, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Exactly. Less sacks means better protection, which means efficiency should go up. When you look at what weapons they had available I think Chaney did a terrible job with JG. You’ll NEVER hear me say JG is a good QB, but my expectations (shared in this forum) for what I thought Chaney would do for JG didn’t happen at all. This team won 8 because of defense improvement. The win was great, but what’s lost is, talent wise, we were two touchdowns better. Maybe JG is the one QB who can’t get better than where he is right now, but I doubt it.

Just read this entire train wreck, wow. I will give you this, you are beating this horse into submission. There are a couple factors that are playing a big part in why I completely disagree with you, one JG is just not very good consistently, two CJC has only been working with this offense for 18 months, and finally since CJC left the pups their offense has taken a nose dive. You be you keep your saga going. Go Vols!

Just read this entire train wreck, wow. I will give you this, you are beating this horse into submission. There are a couple factors that are playing a big part in why I completely disagree with you, one JG is just not very good consistently, two CJC has only been working with this offense for 18 months, and finally since CJC left the pups their offense has taken a nose dive. You be you keep your saga going. Go Vols!
You disagree with me that JG is not good? I’mconfused. I just said JG is not good and you State JG is not good and then say you disagree?
I’ve also never said that UGA didn’t regress since Chaney left. I’ve acknowledged it, so again, what are you disagreeing with.
I’ve posted the stats. Do you disagree with those as well?
The facts are that JG was better protected this year and had better run support yet was less efficient seeing his completion percentage go down and his TD/int ration worse thrice as much.

So, UGA QB play goes down it’s because of Chaney, but UT efficiency goes down it’s because of JG?? Sure, got it.
Thanks for sharing.

VN Store

Back