Finish this sentence. For the Vols to make the 2024 playoffs…

A couple more sec caliber offensive linemen, and enough depth at linebacker that Elijah Herring never see’s the field.

Reactions: Stacmot
they can't get enough help from portal
This.

We still have a lot of needs @ Linemen, LBs, DBs. They haven’t played together so how will they gel? Will we play more man?

Also, Idk what we have at RB. Sampson is the only returning starter.

WR? We have the pieces on paper but how will it play out on the field? I love Matthews and the honk he could be a day one starter.

We’re catching Bama at the rt time w a new coach and Oklahoma is an early (away) game. FL is always difficult and UGA on the road will be a lost, most likely.

It’s a possibility but 10-2 is a must to have a chance.

Reactions: cgrish
One more IOL from port and No injuries on OL.
Secondary has to be better.

I like where we are at QB, RB. WR has potential to be good but a lot depends on how effective Bru is coming off injury and how good Thornton can be in second year along with the other portal guy.

Reactions: 901 Orange
I think we need 2 more upper level SEC caliber starters. One on the OL and one more DB. But maybe I’m too optimistic about what Nico brings.
For sure, even 3 legitimate 2-deep guys would be nice to me. I do think all 3 Dbs we currently have will play in some capacity but Jemond McCoy is the most ready to play IMO. Get 2 more contributors on defense and we could make some noise. Go into November with one loss and we’re playoff bound 🍊

2024 to me is another transition season, with a first year QB, a new secondary, and still not a lot of depth in many areas. 9-3 would be great, and that still wouldn't be enough to compete for the playoff. 2025 was always going to be the year to really make a move.

But it's about more than the portal - continuing to recruit well, player development, and staying relatively healthy are more important than the portal, which should be about filling holes and adding depth.

… they need to stop transforming into garbage whenever Florida is our opponent.

The Vols must win the SEC title to get into the playoff. Everyone here understands the historic slights against Tennessee football. We could also perhaps get in if we do not go to the title game and only have one loss, granted there are fewer than six one loss teams.

We must leave no doubt,
If we do, we're out.
There will be 2-3 loss teams in the playoffs. Guranteed.

VN Store

Back