Finish this sentence. For the Vols to make the 2024 playoffs…

One or two more experienced offensive linemen and more help on the defensive side of the ball. Outside of the portal, they'll need a whole lotta luck on the injury front.

Reactions: LeannaVol
There are too many deficiencies on the current roster make a statement, assuming we are talking about a single addition.

That being said, making the playoff is much easier now and any team in the top 20 has a real shot.

We certainly need to add a few key players from the portal. At least one great OT, LB, CB, DT. More importantly, next years success could hinge on avoiding the injury bug that bit the snot out of us this past season.

The Vols must win the SEC title to get into the playoff. Everyone here understands the historic slights against Tennessee football. We could also perhaps get in if we do not go to the title game and only have one loss, granted there are fewer than six one loss teams.

We must leave no doubt,
If we do, we're out.

Might as well ask how Tennessee will launch a rocket to Mars next year. I just don't see it happening. Not that we are garbage. But we need more depth and our D, especially the secondary, needs to be raised about 3 notches better than last year. Not only that,but the receivers need to get in lock step with Nico. Beyond Milton's shaky passing accuracy, the receivers last year just couldn't replicate the 2022 season. They are good but not 2022 good. I think they stand a better chance of showing up next year than the secondary.

Reactions: 901 Orange
The Vols must win the SEC title to get into the playoff. Everyone here understands the historic slights against Tennessee football. We could also perhaps get in if we do not go to the title game and only have one loss, granted there are fewer than six one loss teams.

We must leave no doubt,
If we do, we're out.
Then we aren’t making the playoffs. Look I am very excited about this years team. But we are still significantly behind UGA. OU is gonna be a tough game in Norman. Beating Florida? Well we all know how that usually goes.

Reactions: Rocky Top T

VN Store

Back