Finebaum hates us..

Watching finebaum today a caller asked him how he think Tennessee will fair this year... he said basically we got shafted with the new schedule and called the auburn and a&m games .500 games ... jus seeing what all of you think..

Fair assessment.

Auburn lost a lot of OL/DL talent so that game might be more winnable at a near empty stadium on the road.

This was supposed to be the year for aTm but then the reschedule added @TN and Florida. They bring back a significant amount of talent/starters and their star RB and QB. But they lost their RB coach!

I'm surprised he didn't call out Kentucky as a 50/50 game.

We have to prove it on the field. I think we win 6-7 and with a little luck who knows!

Ever heard the phrase "he/she has a face for radio?" He had a radio show for a looooong time. Was able to parlay that into a gig once SEC Network came along, which is basically just an extension of the radio show.
Wasn’t he a newspaper writer before radio?

I think we're better than Auburn. A&M might be a little better than us on paper, but they're a toss-up more so than Auburn IMO.

I think Bo Nix will be trouble this year for a lot of teams. Jarret Stidham wasn’t bad but didn’t play well in 2018. Kellen Mond can play pretty good. So hopefully the defense can make up for any offense issues.

Reactions: 08Vol
What they need to be discussing on this show is how Finebaum can stay on the air with that face. The guy is a string bean, hair a joke, terrible dresser and hit every limb in the ugly tree. Its amazing to me how he can continue to be shown in households across the country. Does anyone know how he does it? Relatives own stock in the network or something?

Chick Magnet?

Reactions: FortSanders
Call it what you want, but I don’t think we’re going to be a very good team. I don’t think anyone is going to be a good team, but we’re definitely not going to have home field advantage to lean on.

In the last 15 years UT hasn't had a home field advantage.

Watching finebaum today a caller asked him how he think Tennessee will fair this year... he said basically we got shafted with the new schedule and called the auburn and a&m games .500 games ... jus seeing what all of you think..

We didn’t get shafted but if he’s saying .500 games as in toss ups, I agree.

On the Auburn and A&M games I agree. Our success this season imo rest upon our qb play. I think we are very competitive with the rest of the team. We need good qb play and I don't care who it is, just good qb play.

What they need to be discussing on this show is how Finebaum can stay on the air with that face. The guy is a string bean, hair a joke, terrible dresser and hit every limb in the ugly tree. Its amazing to me how he can continue to be shown in households across the country. Does anyone know how he does it? Relatives own stock in the network or something?
I don't know what you look like, and it doesn't really matter. You have revealed yourself to be very ugly indeed.

This may be common knowledge: but how were the games picked? Out of a hat? Draw straws? Or with Sabans ping pong ball mixer?

When you find the answer to that question, please let me know because imho it was based upon a simple formula to allow the contenders to play the bottom feeders to ensure that at least one team makes the playoff.

If that is a direct quote, I read that as he thinks those two games are toss ups. I don’t see anything in there where he is saying he thinks we have a .500 season. We do have a hard schedule (as usual), but I still see the floor as 7-3.

This may be common knowledge: but how were the games picked? Out of a hat? Draw straws? Or with Sabans ping pong ball mixer?
The formula for Sanky’s schedule came naturally and spontaneously as he lay entangled in sweaty, musty embrace with his secret lover, little Nicky, in a beach bungalow somewhere on the Bama coast. It was the kind of respite Greg needed to get plugged back in, and oh the plugging he did! Kirby’s hangover waffles the next morning, were simply icing (or was it cream?) on the cake of a sinfully indolent weekend.

Reactions: gunner
The formula for Sanky’s schedule came naturally and spontaneously as he lay entangled in sweaty, musty embrace with his secret lover, little Nicky, in a beach bungalow somewhere on the Bama coast. It was the kind of respite Greg needed to get plugged back in, and oh the plugging he did! Kirby’s hangover waffles the next morning, were simply icing (or was it cream?) on the cake of a sinfully indolent weekend.

Hemmingway?

Last edited:

VN Store

Back