Finebaum hates us..

hardin_co85

Antisocial hillbilly
Watching finebaum today a caller asked him how he think Tennessee will fair this year... he said basically we got shafted with the new schedule and called the auburn and a&m games .500 games ... jus seeing what all of you think..

Watching finebaum today a caller asked him how he think Tennessee will fair this year... he said basically we got shafted with the new schedule and called the auburn and a&m games .500 games ... jus seeing what all of you think..
Calling those games .500 games is actually somewhat generous, IMO. We should be an underdog in both games. 5 wins will be a good season.

Sounds like he likes us if he thinks we are anywhere close to auburn and Texas am

What they need to be discussing on this show is how Finebaum can stay on the air with that face. The guy is a string bean, hair a joke, terrible dresser and hit every limb in the ugly tree. Its amazing to me how he can continue to be shown in households across the country. Does anyone know how he does it? Relatives own stock in the network or something?

What they need to be discussing on this show is how Finebaum can stay on the air with that face. The guy is a string bean, hair a joke, terrible dresser and hit every limb in the ugly tree. Its amazing to me how he can continue to be shown in households across the country. Does anyone know how he does it? Relatives own stock in the network or something?
Because he's not a cookie cutter copy of every other sports show in the country. He asks questions and caters to a particular base. You obviously aren't in his target demographic.

Because he's not a cookie cutter copy of every other sports show in the country. He asks questions and caters to a particular base. You obviously aren't in his target demographic.

Whats the demographic that wants to look at an old, thin, balding white man with a pencil neck, 30 year old suit, thin tie and tie clasp that has a generally bad attitude? Must be Bama fans.

Wow, did he steal your wife? Poop in your cereal bowl? pee on your new shoes? Keyed your car?

Ever heard the phrase "he/she has a face for radio?" He had a radio show for a looooong time. Was able to parlay that into a gig once SEC Network came along, which is basically just an extension of the radio show.

Last edited:

I think we're better than Auburn. A&M might be a little better than us on paper, but they're a toss-up more so than Auburn IMO.

We should win 4 of the 6 East games, and we should beat Arkansas. Meeting expectations is not a success.

.500 means we didn’t win a single game we weren’t favored in, and that’s not a success, that’s smack dab in the middle of mediocrity.
Call it what you want, but I don’t think we’re going to be a very good team. I don’t think anyone is going to be a good team, but we’re definitely not going to have home field advantage to lean on.

Reactions: 08Vol
This may be common knowledge: but how were the games picked? Out of a hat? Draw straws? Or with Sabans ping pong ball mixer?

Last edited:
A 6-4 or 7-3 SEC team this season could be a great season for a team in the SEC. I hope (but am skeptical) the polls will reflect the superiority of teams in our league compared to the other two. Within the conference, one would think strength of schedule would be weighted higher this year than others.

.500 with an all SEC schedule and one of the hardest Schedule in the country would not be a complete failure!!!!

Finebaum has us with a potential loss this season???? Are you kidding me???.......cant believe he didnt have us 10-0. I hope they take that mouse with ears off the air tomorrow!!!! ****burning my mattress**** (trying to throw OP a bone 🤷‍♂️)

Reactions: HuntlandVolinColo

VN Store

Back