Final Super Regional Game

Does anyone know if we have any real power in our freshman class not slappers that can hit a gap?

Props to our pitchers-- all three were amazing. Thanks to our SRs-- we'll miss them. They deserved to go to the WCWS at least once in their careers. A player like Aubrey Leach comes to UT to compete for championships and she never got to play in a single WCWS game. That sucks.

If these coaches don't adjust their system, next year's SRs won't go, either The Weeklys have built a great softball program at UT, but it's not what it was. What was effective a decade ago isn't as effective now. Smart coaches adapt; those that don't watch other programs pass them by and see other teams go to the WCWS while their teams sit home year after year after year after year. Count them-- that's four.

Props to our pitchers-- all three were amazing. Thanks to our SRs-- we'll miss them. They deserved to go to the WCWS at least once in their careers. A player like Aubrey Leach comes to UT to compete for championships and she never got to play in a single WCWS game. That sucks.

If these coaches don't adjust their system, next year's SRs won't go, either The Weeklys have built a great softball program at UT, but it's not what it was. What was effective a decade ago isn't as effective now. Smart coaches adapt; those that don't watch other programs pass them by and see other teams go to the WCWS while their teams sit home year after year after year after year. Count them-- that's four.
Absolute truth.

If Rogers can improve on her freshman performance, and Arnold can perform like she has the last few games she pitched this year, our pitching should be very good next year. They need to do something about leaving runners on base without scoring, something they need to work on in the off season. Florida's Barnhill will be gone next year, and their pitchers don't look all that special, but of course they could bring in some superstar freshman. I think there is good potential for next year. GBO.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Only 4 runs in 3 games? Just not good enough....but concerning that the team kept on getting worse as season went on.

Just too depressing, feel especially bad for our Seniors, who gave their all, game after game, year after year. Wish them success in everything they do. Will miss them. Wonder why the visiting team, our team, didn’t get the bottom of the inning to bat, more fair. Karen Weekly worked hard and said the right things, but uncaught balls on defense, and other things did us in. For me, nothing from Tennessee to look forward to until see what Coach Kellie does with our girls basketball team, as I expect the usual from the football team. Also, got to add, gator fans are the most obnoxious fans ever. Oh well, hope everyone has a nice summer. 😎

You are describing the LV basketball program.

Reactions: WVU05UT09
Just too depressing, feel especially bad for our Seniors, who gave their all, game after game, year after year. Wish them success in everything they do. Will miss them. Wonder why the visiting team, our team, didn’t get the bottom of the inning to bat, more fair. Karen Weekly worked hard and said the right things, but uncaught balls on defense, and other things did us in. For me, nothing from Tennessee to look forward to until see what Coach Kellie does with our girls basketball team, as I expect the usual from the football team. Also, got to add, gator fans are the most obnoxious fans ever. Oh well, hope everyone has a nice summer. 😎

Hope to see you in the Lady Vols Basketball thread this November or December or maybe in another thread?
Can't hardly wait to see what kind of offensive team coach Kellie Harper brings to the new basketball season.

Hope to see you in the Lady Vols Basketball thread this November or December or maybe in another thread?
Can't hardly wait to see what kind of offensive team coach Kellie Harper brings to the new basketball season.
Me, too. I’ll keep looking at VN, will look for you, and definitely anticipating the new Lady Vol basketball team, just can’t see where we have a chance of winning much in any sport, till then. Maybe girls’ volleyball? 🙂 Hey, just remembered, the girls’ basketball team has 3 games in Europe, in August. Hopefully we’ll get to see them. 😀

Last edited:
Reactions: W.TN.Orange Blood
Me, too. I’ll keep looking at VN, will look for you, and definitely anticipating the new Lady Vol basketball team, just can’t see where we have a chance of winning much in any sport, till then. Maybe girls’ volleyball? 🙂 Hey, just remembered, the girls’ basketball team has 3 games in Europe, in August. Hopefully we’ll get to see them. 😀

I'll be in the Politics Forum as usual I stay there a lot. Baseball games are still being played & still post there.
I'm pretty much around somewhere on VN on a daily basis. I love talking w/friends like you.

Enjoyed posting with all of you even if I did get to the party late. Hopefully there will be some good off-season news for LV sports for us to discuss. Someone has to critique these BB and SB coaches to let them know what they need to do, ha ha.

Enjoyed posting with all of you even if I did get to the party late. Hopefully there will be some good off-season news for LV sports for us to discuss. Someone has to critique these BB and SB coaches to let them know what they need to do, ha ha.

Glad to have had you along for the ride. Feel free to always join in somewhere around here.

VN Store

Back