Final Super Regional Game

I am proud of how hard Tennessee fought today. The missed blooper definitely cost them, and the attempted theft of third MIGHT have, but other than those mistakes it was a good game. Until it was actually over I never felt like the Lady Vols didn’t have a chance. Hoover was due. She had prepared the entire game, mss after miss, until she finally connected.

They got good pitching this series but squandered it with pathetic run support. There were so many absolute garbage at bats throughout this series, sometimes it looks like they don’t take any BP or spend time in the cage at all.

Closer than Knoxville, but nowhere near a beach of note.

No, UF takes their sports very seriously.

They do have an inherent advantage in several sports. Their baseball team is almost exclusively made up of kids from Florida. We all know about football. Sometimes basketball has many more players.

That said, we can’t use it as an excuse and must outwork them and develop our players.

I'll be in the Politics Forum as usual I stay there a lot. Baseball games are still being played & still post there.
I'm pretty much around somewhere on VN on a daily basis. I love talking w/friends like you.
Me too, friend. Maybe I’ll look for you in politics, although have tried to steer clear of that, wouldn’t want to lose my temper. 🙂 Did you see the thread that says we have the number 1 softball recruiting class coming in next year, that sounds good, and even though we’re disappointed now, the softball team is one of our potentially best TN teams each year. I’ll be here daily, too, so we’ll keep talking. 😀

Well...you could say "they were ranked 5th and we were ranked 12th...so this loss is expected."...and you'd be right...but I think a lot of folks issue is WHY are we ranked 12th and them 5th? Why aren't we the better team from the get go? So...season ending today at the hands of a higher ranked/better team is not a shock...or an upset...but disappointing nonetheless. Its up to the coaches and recruiters to bring in the better talent than teams like Florida. Simple (but not easy) as that.

We lost because we could not do this...
71de2b4f6b8e9f6b398539a169ffcfb5.gif

Last edited:
2019 UT Post Season Batting Average:
Batting Order 1-4: .320 Batting Order 5-9: .183

2018 UT Post Season Batting Average:
Batting Order 1-4: .326 Batting Order 5-9: .207

2017 UT Post Season Batting Average:
Batting Order 1-4: .374 Batting Order 5-9: .177

and that is why UT doesn't make it to Oklahoma

2019 UT Post Season Batting Average:
Batting Order 1-4: .320 Batting Order 5-9: .183
and that is why UT doesn't make it to Oklahoma

I was watching some highlights of the D2 Championship, and those girls were hitting the ball out of the park ---- inability to do that regularly is another reason the LVs don't make it to OKC

Reactions: Volfaninfl2

VN Store

Back