Final batch of JFK Files released by Trump

The Man who Scooped the World: Veteran journalist Richard Stolley who secured rights to iconic 26-second film clip of President Kennedy’s Assassination before going on to Launch People magazine died aged 92

The journalist who secured rights to the iconic 26-second film clip of President Kennedy's assassination has died at the age of 92.

Richard B. Stolley, also the founding editor of People Magazine, spent six decades at the Time Inc. media empire, during which he was a prominent reporter for Life magazine and covered a number of major, era-defining stories including the Civil Rights movement in the South and the space race.

In one of the most significant coups in the history of journalism, Stolley acquired the rights to use the Zapruder film - footage of the assassination of President John F. Kennedy in 1963 - for Life magazine after tracking down the man who filmed it.

The 26-second 8-mm footage of the Kennedy motorcade is one of the earliest instances of a citizen capturing a historic event, and is considered by some as the most important clip in celluloid history.

Following its release, footage of the assassination become one of the most recognisable and iconic images of the 20th century, forever etched into the cultural psyche of the nation. It also provided vital evidence during the Warren Commission, established in 1964 to investigate the assassination.

Founder of People magazine Richard Stolley, who landed clip of Kennedy assassination, dies aged 92 | Daily Mail Online

The Man who Scooped the World: Veteran journalist Richard Stolley who secured rights to iconic 26-second film clip of President Kennedy’s Assassination before going on to Launch People magazine died aged 92

The journalist who secured rights to the iconic 26-second film clip of President Kennedy's assassination has died at the age of 92.

Richard B. Stolley, also the founding editor of People Magazine, spent six decades at the Time Inc. media empire, during which he was a prominent reporter for Life magazine and covered a number of major, era-defining stories including the Civil Rights movement in the South and the space race.

In one of the most significant coups in the history of journalism, Stolley acquired the rights to use the Zapruder film - footage of the assassination of President John F. Kennedy in 1963 - for Life magazine after tracking down the man who filmed it.

The 26-second 8-mm footage of the Kennedy motorcade is one of the earliest instances of a citizen capturing a historic event, and is considered by some as the most important clip in celluloid history.

Following its release, footage of the assassination become one of the most recognisable and iconic images of the 20th century, forever etched into the cultural psyche of the nation. It also provided vital evidence during the Warren Commission, established in 1964 to investigate the assassination.

Founder of People magazine Richard Stolley, who landed clip of Kennedy assassination, dies aged 92 | Daily Mail Online

Citing Stolley's manners, Zapruder sold him the rights to the film as long as he didn't publish frame 313, showing 'the right side of the president's head exploding in red, from the second sniper shot.'

Reactions: Franklin Pierce
Biden delays release of JFK assassination files until December 2022: Cites 'significant impact' of the COVID-19 pandemic

The White House said Friday it would delay the release of long-classified documents related to the assassination of US President John F. Kennedy, while citing the 'significant impact' of the COVID-19 pandemic as cause for the holdup.

President Joe Biden wrote in a statement that 'an interim release' of the remaining classified files 'shall be withheld from full public disclosure' until 'later this year' - nearly 60 years after Kennedy's assassination in Dallas, Texas in 1963.

The memo said that the coronavirus pandemic has slowed down the process of reviewing whether redactions continue to meet the 'statutory standard.'

49538713-10122889-Former_US_President_John_F_Kennedy_pictured_was_assassinated_in_-a-11_1635014303342.jpg

In 2018, former president Donald Trump released around 19,000 secret files on the assassination, but withheld approximately 14,000 records on national security grounds through October 26, 2021 - which would have been this coming Tuesday.

Biden delays release of JFK assassination files until 2022: Cites 'impact' of the COVID pandemic | Daily Mail Online

Biden delays release of JFK assassination files until December 2022: Cites 'significant impact' of the COVID-19 pandemic

The White House said Friday it would delay the release of long-classified documents related to the assassination of US President John F. Kennedy, while citing the 'significant impact' of the COVID-19 pandemic as cause for the holdup.

President Joe Biden wrote in a statement that 'an interim release' of the remaining classified files 'shall be withheld from full public disclosure' until 'later this year' - nearly 60 years after Kennedy's assassination in Dallas, Texas in 1963.

The memo said that the coronavirus pandemic has slowed down the process of reviewing whether redactions continue to meet the 'statutory standard.'

49538713-10122889-Former_US_President_John_F_Kennedy_pictured_was_assassinated_in_-a-11_1635014303342.jpg

In 2018, former president Donald Trump released around 19,000 secret files on the assassination, but withheld approximately 14,000 records on national security grounds through October 26, 2021 - which would have been this coming Tuesday.

Biden delays release of JFK assassination files until 2022: Cites 'impact' of the COVID pandemic | Daily Mail Online

This does nothing to quiet those "crazy" conspiracy theorists... Silly move by Biden

I have no idea. Its like The Murder on The Orient Express. Just about everyone with a motive had the means.

I actually believe it is a murder on the orient express scenario. Think multiple leaders were involved to the point nothing we ever learn will be true.

Reactions: davethevol
I actually believe it is a murder on the orient express scenario. Think multiple leaders were involved to the point nothing we ever learn will be true.

I think a lot of the researchers in this may have spent a lot of time looking into what went on in Dealey Plaza, but I think there were missed opportunities in not looking more into the events in Oak Cliff.

Reactions: Boca Vol

I guess it's as logical as any other words coming out of Biden's mouth these days. We must be about to find out that Joe Biden shot President Kennedy from the grassy knoll, and he's afraid that voters' knowledge of that fact would swing what would otherwise clearly be a Democratic sweep of all 2022 political races due to his administration's outstanding leadership.

I think a lot of the researchers in this may have spent a lot of time looking into what went on in Dealey Plaza, but I think there were missed opportunities in not looking more into the events in Oak Cliff.
Agree. I've never understood why LHO left the TSBD with his reasoning being there would be any work the rest of the day.

The bus transfer ticket he had is interesting to me. Was he walking to a bus stop in Oak Cliff to get near his stash house as mentioned in Tracking Oswald?

Agree. I've never understood why LHO left the TSBD with his reasoning being there would be any work the rest of the day.

The bus transfer ticket he had is interesting to me. Was he walking to a bus stop in Oak Cliff to get near his stash house as mentioned in Tracking Oswald?
Well remember, he got on the bus not long after leaving the TSBD and then jumped back off after it was still stuck in traffic. He asked for the transfer on his way off the bus. If you knew the route of that bus and saw which stops were near Oak Cliff, that may tell you something.

And about that bus, soon after he got off that bus, two Dallas cops jumped on looking for a suspect. Now while everyone else in Dealey Plaza was either searching behind the Grassy Knoll or beginning to search the TSBD, what made these two cops jump on this particular bus? It was almost like these guys knew Oswald was supposed to be on there...

Classified JFK Assassination Files are FINALLY released: Lee Harvey Oswald was in Contact with Member of KGB Two Months Before Shooting and CIA was told 'Russia was planning to pay hit man $100k to kill the president' a YEAR before he died

• More than 1,500 files were released by the National Archives at noon on Wednesday about JFK's assassination
  • They include memos by CIA officers in the immediate aftermath of the shooting on November 23, 1963
  • One details how Lee Harvey Oswald met with a KGB agent on September 29, 1963, in Mexico City
More than 1,500 previously classified JFK assassination files have today been made public, including documents about killer Lee Harvey Oswald's contact with a KGB agent two months before the shooting.

The files were released at noon on Wednesday by the National Archives, after months of delays by Biden who had promised to make them public but then stalled, claiming COVID backlogs was the reason.

Not all of them are now public - some are still being held back for further review by the NSA until next December, a move that has been slammed by members of Kennedy's family.

The documents released on Wednesday include memos detailing anonymous phone calls to the US embassy in Canberra, Australia, a year before the shooting, where the caller said the Soviet Government was plotting to kill Kennedy, and details of Oswald's meeting with a KGB agent at the Soviet Embassy in Mexico City two months before the shooting.

Another call was placed on November 24, two days after the shooting, claiming the Russians were behind it.

51825489-10312905-JFK_and_Jackie_Kennedy_are_pictured_in_his_car_in_Dallas_Texas_o-a-20_1639589586728.jpg

51825293-10312905-Lee_Harvey_Oswald_a_former_Marine_was_arrested_for_the_assassina-a-18_1639589586722.jpg

Lee Harvey Oswald, a former Marine, was arrested for the assassination. He was then killed two days later while being transported by police. He was shot by a nightclub owner, Jack Ruby

Classified JFK assassination files are released: 1,500 documents | Daily Mail Online

Reactions: Boca Vol
Russia: Oswald, we'll pay 100k for assasination of JFK.

Also Russia: Ruby, we'll pay 50k for assasination of Oswald.

Also Russia: Dr, we'll pay 25k for killing Ruby as long as it looks like cancer.

First off, it's Biden that approved the last release of records.

Most of the people on here either weren't alive then or else they were very young. I was in the 5th Grade when the principal came into the classroom and told us the President was dead. Grown men openly cried. It took away all of the nation's optimism. It changed the country in many ways.

Not saying he was going to be a great President, 3 years wasn't enough to know that. But his good looks, style and speaking style had elevated us in the eyes of the world, especially when you compared him to Khrushchev.

Secret Service did not want him to go to Texas. It was full of crazies (so what's changed, I've lived in Texas, it sucks).

First off, it's Biden that approved the last release of records.

Most of the people on here either weren't alive then or else they were very young. I was in the 5th Grade when the principal came into the classroom and told us the President was dead. Grown men openly cried. It took away all of the nation's optimism. It changed the country in many ways.

Not saying he was going to be a great President, 3 years wasn't enough to know that. But his good looks, style and speaking style had elevated us in the eyes of the world, especially when you compared him to Khrushchev.

Secret Service did not want him to go to Texas. It was full of crazies (so what's changed, I've lived in Texas, it sucks).

JFK became president because the election was stolen for him.

They didn't want Boston baked beans Kennedy to travel to Texas because it was full of Southerners waving Confederate flags.

A podcast I listened to talked about this in great detail. Zapruder made a lot of money from time life. Also, after he videoed it, he and the secret service drove all over Dallas looking for a place to develope the film. Kodak was unable to develop it because it was a new type of film so they found another place.

Zapruder, the secret service, and the photo staff watched it 1st that evening after it was developed. The media drove zapruder crazy trying to secure the rights to it.

I realize that when I write this that a lot of people will say consider the source, but last month I watched “JFK Revisited: Through the Looking Glass” on Showtime. It revisits all the characters in Oliver Stones JFK movie. It was pretty eye opening. It really places a lot of blame on the CIA and in particular Dulles. Ive held different opinions in regards to the JFK assassination, but I really have a hard time believing that Oswald could’ve made those shots with the speed and accuracy it would’ve taken with that rifle .

Reactions: hog88
I realize that when I write this that a lot of people will say consider the source, but last month I watched “JFK Revisited: Through the Looking Glass” on Showtime. It revisits all the characters in Oliver Stones JFK movie. It was pretty eye opening. It really places a lot of blame on the CIA and in particular Dulles. Ive held different opinions in regards to the JFK assassination, but I really have a hard time believing that Oswald could’ve made those shots with the speed and accuracy it would’ve taken with that rifle .

There used to be a website that discussed the jfk movie.. Stone made up a bunch of crap and called it creative licensing. I wish the website was still around, it was very informative.

I think this article is probably the closest thing to the truth. The CIA was behind it. https://amp.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/article255356661.html

Reactions: RDU VOL#14

I've watched that several times now. Interesting about the other so-called patsies that were in other planned JFK motorcades. Here is another good one I watched last night and I believe is new. I plan to watch it again.

VN Store

Back