Fields transferring

I'm sure Kirby recruited him with packages in mind.... This is very common. Look at Tebow and Florida just to name one example.

UGA could get a 3 star QB in this class and be just fine. Fromm is pretty durable and doesn't run a lot. UGA is also bringing back like 80% of their 22 starters.

Times were a little different with Tebow as well though. Kids were a little different. As I said on UGA getting a QB this class that is serviceable I am sure they can. Although Fromm being durable has nothing to do with it really. I mean Eason was durable too till he wasn't. Tua was the next coming of Jesus till he got dinged up. To make a run for titles you need studs not just serviceable.

It was 10 years ago; not 30. I don't think there's any difference.

So you don't think that there is a big difference in kids now compared to 10 years ago? We will have to agree to disagree on that. I get it kids have always wanted to play. Although it seem like now with the rule changes and everything that it has made it much easier for kids to just transfer at the drop of a hat. You also pick Tebow out who is by far the minority to the rule of 5*'s who think they should be playing day 1.

Times were a little different with Tebow as well though. Kids were a little different. As I said on UGA getting a QB this class that is serviceable I am sure they can. Although Fromm being durable has nothing to do with it really. I mean Eason was durable too till he wasn't. Tua was the next coming of Jesus till he got dinged up. To make a run for titles you need studs not just serviceable.

Eason could have come back within 4 weeks, but didn't because Fromm was rolling.... Eason lost his job and transferred because Fromm was just as good as Eason if not better

Just like that UGA lands Mathis... They aight.

Eason could have come back within 4 weeks, but didn't because Fromm was rolling.... Eason lost his job and transferred because Fromm was just as good as Eason if not better

Exactly what I am saying. Eason was a what 5* replaced by Fromm who was a 4*. Fromm was not just serviceable he was legit. Losing Fields is a big issue when you look at what is behind that. They have nothing if Fromm is injured. Mason Wood, John Seter, and Matthew Downing. All 3 appear to have been walk ons. They do have 1 coming that signed today. A 4* who is very tall and super thin. I would not expect him to contribute at all next year. So at this point I would be willing to bet they drop a walk on and look for a transfer.

Exactly what I am saying. Eason was a what 5* replaced by Fromm who was a 4*. Fromm was not just serviceable he was legit. Losing Fields is a big issue when you look at what is behind that. They have nothing if Fromm is injured. Mason Wood, John Seter, and Matthew Downing. All 3 appear to have been walk ons. They do have 1 coming that signed today. A 4* who is very tall and super thin. I would not expect him to contribute at all next year. So at this point I would be willing to bet they drop a walk on and look for a transfer.
They just landed another 5 star QB today.... They aight.

He will be doubtful to see the field next year with his frame. The positive is that UGA's OL is really good.

His playing time or chance to play has nothing to do with it.... You said earlier it that you need studs.... Mathis is a stud....

You're contradicting yourself

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
His playing time or chance to play has nothing to do with it.... You said earlier it that you need studs.... Mathis is a stud....

You're contradicting yourself

Correct they did get a stud. Will he be game ready though like Fields was? Fields was a grown man. This kid is 6*6 200. So does losing Fields hurt them next year? Yes its still a major blow.

Correct they did get a stud. Will he be game ready though like Fields was? Fields was a grown man. This kid is 6*6 200. So does losing Fields hurt them next year? Yes its still a major blow.

Not really. Fields wasn't a huge factor this year.... Mathis will likely get the same treatment and playing time. At the end of the day, Fields was just a freshman.. Arguing he was some game changer in his first year is just lunacy.

UGA will still make the playoffs and will probably win the natty with or without Fields. Not a big deal for them.

When he got a lawyer to me that was the immediate "hey I want to be able to play in 2019". Do I think the words he heard are the reason he is leaving, not a chance. Do I think the NCAA will would to handle the optics of trying to prove he just wants to leave so he can play and not because he heard racial slurs? no frickin way.
This is not a waiver battle Fields can win .. UGA retained lawyers on this as well so they aren't drug through the mud on a racial issue. They didn't just kick the baseball player (Adam Sasser) from the team, the kicked him from school showing zero tolerance. And if that bother the Fields family so much that it happened, why did they let Fields little sister commit to play softball at UGA AFTER the incident happened and came to light? And if something like that bothers them so much, why is it widely publicized that he is considering OU as a transfer spot with the recent racial issues htey have had and some of the culprits stayed in school there? And think about it, if the NCAA grants a waiver on something like this what does it say to the rest of the NCAA players? Just bring an ultra weak racial claim to us and we'll let ya roll right on through!!!

Reactions: butchna
This is not a waiver battle Fields can win .. UGA retained lawyers on this as well so they aren't drug through the mud on a racial issue. They didn't just kick the baseball player (Adam Sasser) from the team, the kicked him from school showing zero tolerance. And if that bother the Fields family so much that it happened, why did they let Fields little sister commit to play softball at UGA AFTER the incident happened and came to light? And if something like that bothers them so much, why is it widely publicized that he is considering OU as a transfer spot with the recent racial issues htey have had and some of the culprits stayed in school there? And think about it, if the NCAA grants a waiver on something like this what does it say to the rest of the NCAA players? Just bring an ultra weak racial claim to us and we'll let ya roll right on through!!!
He gone sunshine and at this point it ain't got shat to do with Georgia... You mean Georgia had to go get outside counsel to defend what? and not have it handled from within the University legal dept? You willing to bet that that is not the only time that Sasser or others have made similar. Georgia didnt have a damn choice in what they did imo. I don't think he could win a civil suit against UGA for creating an untenable "work" environment or whatever the athletic equivalent is but the NCAA most likely will not want to fight the public backlash for having a kid say he is afraid of the culture there and couldn't get a fair shake. Funny thing about Federal stuff is most organizations would rather make it go away than fight it. His lawyer has a pretty good track record for getting waivers for less. And with all due respect it ain't got nothing to do with his sister or his family and any decent counsel will have him prepped for that. TIFWIW.

Reactions: Remy
He gone sunshine and at this point it ain't got shat to do with Georgia... You mean Georgia had to go get outside counsel to defend what? and not have it handled from within the University legal dept? You willing to bet that that is not the only time that Sasser or others have made similar. Georgia didnt have a damn choice in what they did imo. I don't think he could win a civil suit against UGA for creating an untenable "work" environment or whatever the athletic equivalent is but the NCAA most likely will not want to fight the public backlash for having a kid say he is afraid of the culture there and couldn't get a fair shake. Funny thing about Federal stuff is most organizations would rather make it go away than fight it. His lawyer has a pretty good track record for getting waivers for less. And with all due respect it ain't got nothing to do with his sister or his family and any decent counsel will have him prepped for that. TIFWIW.

Thanks for the laugh. Kid has no ground to stand on if the “racial incident” is used when UGA kicked the culprit out of school and his family followed that up with letting his sister sign with Georgia. It’s a ******** excuse.

Kid is a beta and scared to compete. Period. He’ll sit behind Martell or wherever he goes.

When he got a lawyer to me that was the immediate "hey I want to be able to play in 2019". Do I think the words he heard are the reason he is leaving, not a chance. Do I think the NCAA will would to handle the optics of trying to prove he just wants to leave so he can play and not because he heard racial slurs? no frickin way.
Thanks for the laugh. Kid has no ground to stand on if the “racial incident” is used when UGA kicked the culprit out of school and his family followed that up with letting his sister sign with Georgia. It’s a ******** excuse.

Kid is a beta and scared to compete. Period. He’ll sit behind Martell or wherever he goes.

OK slowwwwwlllyyyy…. Read the part where I said " Do I think the words he heard are the reason he is leaving, Not a chance "
It is an excuse and in real life when you bring that new car back to the dealer the next day to undo the deal people say its because it rides bad on long trips ( subjective) and not because the puke yellow color looks awful in the daylight. Now your Beta comment the QB position has room for one on the field at a time. Its the new normal for kids to leave because barring injury they aren't gonna get a chance to show their talent to get to the next level.
Kelly Bryant afraid to compete? nah he just had a coach that was upfront about where he stood BEFORE he played 4 games. Smart not so much... maybe he didn't know that Jake from State farm was gonna be consistently good and Fields wouldn't develop Don't know, don't care.
He's gone from UGA and although I don't agree, I believe the NCAA will grant a waiver to avoid the optics. Never said thought it was true just that's what he was gonna use.

You sir are no lawyer, that is for sure. Regardless of the outcome with the expulsion, UGA would still be culpable if said player or student went to or represented your school at the time. They would be smart to just cut ties and move forward.

For the record, I am inclined to agree with you about the player with limited knowledge.

Reactions: johnrlansford
They're more similar than you think. Fromm is 6'2" 215-220 and was rated 6.1 and 5 star by Rivals. Murray was 6'1" 210 and was a 6.0 4 star.
Murray was also a play away from beating Bama in the SECCG and playing for the title.

Not saying that Fromm isn't elite.... just that he's not necessarily a guy that's 6'5" with a canon that will make scouts salivate.
But is Fromm going to be as bad as a sports talk radio guy as Murray?? He sounds like a 50 yr old guy, and knows much much less. We’ve gotten a little reprieve on ESPN Radio (college sports), since he’s trying to make this new spring football league.

VN Store

Back