Fields transferring

No. The plan seems to be for him to apply for a hardship waiver based on racists comments from a member of the baseball team. In no way do I condone anything remotely racial but it’s clear he’s not transferring because of that so to me he shouldn’t be granted a waiver for that reason. He chose UGA and is backing out of that commitment because he didn’t get the playing time he expected. I have no issue with him transferring but he should have to sit out like everyone else. Of course in today’s world the word “committed” actually means “committed until inconvenient”. Schools screw kids over too.

In this age of sensitivity that hardship waiver will likely get approved due to the comments from the baseball player. Bad press for the NCAA especially since the players are already seen as being shortchanged.

The Fields sweepstakes begin. Who will be top bidder? Kid could be starting for anyone in September.

You think he plays QB in the NFL? If not, extra snaps at that position mean nothing. I think it’s a Braxton Miller move next year.

No. I think he is a small version of the 'The Tim Tebow can't throw straight' club.

But, he needs to get somewhere else where he can try.

If Nathan Peterson can land a starting gig, who knows?

No. I think he is a small version of the 'The Tim Tebow can't throw straight' club.

I'm not sure he could be an NFL QB but who knows. I think he may could go in at some other position but agreed if he wants to go he needs to go where he's a starter and plays

He was tweeting Weber to stay one more year. I think he does.

Very possible, just think when the first round calls, most of these guys jump. Herbert staying or going could have an effect too.

Seems to be a thin QB class with Herbert , Haskins, and Lock being mocked 1st rd the most that I have seen.

From a development standpoint, I think Herbert as and Haskins both need to stay. From a money standpoint I understand any of these guys taking the shot at the NFL.

Probably plays a factor in Fields' decision as well. Can't see him going anywhere he has to sit again.

Fields has officially entered his name in the NCAA transfer database. Since he has retained counsel he most likely will petition for immediate instatement without sitting a year. The NCAA would be stupid to not grant it. They are in a no win situation.
I certainly don't think he comes here but it would be nice to have some options.

This is a crusher for UGA. Next season will be Fromms last year.

Ah who am I kidding they'll probably just go out and sign the number 1 ovr QB this year or next year

Doubt Fromm is going pro after 3 years. He still has a few things to work on. Sure he could definitely get hot and rise up the draft boards but to me he’s another Aaron Murray who will be a 4 year starter basically.

Reactions: k-town_king
I've read the argument for Fields transferring to another FBS school and being eligible to play in 2019 due to the racial slur he was subjected to while at UGA. A then UGA baseball player attending the UGA - UT game repeatedly shouted, "Put the [n-word] in!" This was witnessed by many. The baseball player was dismissed from the team (expelled?). Reportedly, Fields heard the racial slurs.

I've read the argument for Fields transferring to another FBS school and being eligible to play in 2019 due to the racial slur he was subjected to while at UGA. A then UGA baseball player attending the UGA - UT game repeatedly shouted, "Put the [n-word] in!" This was witnessed by many. The baseball player was dismissed from the team (expelled?). Reportedly, Fields heard the racial slurs.
When he got a lawyer to me that was the immediate "hey I want to be able to play in 2019". Do I think the words he heard are the reason he is leaving, not a chance. Do I think the NCAA will would to handle the optics of trying to prove he just wants to leave so he can play and not because he heard racial slurs? no frickin way.

Reactions: Devo182
Doubt Fromm is going pro after 3 years. He still has a few things to work on. Sure he could definitely get hot and rise up the draft boards but to me he’s another Aaron Murray who will be a 4 year starter basically.

Pretty sure this puts them to only having 2 scholly QB's on the roster. Now sure they can probably pick up another serviceable QB. Although a serviceable back up and Fields are two different things. This is definitely a major blow to UGA.
On a side note what was he thinking going to UGA in the first place? I am very shocked he did not give AU a look. Seems like that would have been a much better fit for him. He would have likely been named starter this coming year at AU.

Reactions: Remy

Who’s Nathan Peterson? Tim Tebow’s a cautionary tale now...hence Braxton Miller in his senior year.

Pretty sure this puts them to only having 2 scholly QB's on the roster. Now sure they can probably pick up another serviceable QB. Although a serviceable back up and Fields are two different things. This is definitely a major blow to UGA.
On a side note what was he thinking going to UGA in the first place? I am very shocked he did not give AU a look. Seems like that would have been a much better fit for him. He would have likely been named starter this coming year at AU.

I'm sure Kirby recruited him with packages in mind.... This is very common. Look at Tebow and Florida just to name one example.

UGA could get a 3 star QB in this class and be just fine. Fromm is pretty durable and doesn't run a lot. UGA is also bringing back like 80% of their 22 starters.

VN Store

Back