Field Conditions

love how no one actually proved players prefer turf. they just said it was so. I've read several mixed reviews.

Either put in zosia which is far superior to bermuda in density and goes dormant later, or field turf.

You don't know much about grass making statements like that. Bermuda especially hybrid Bermudas in my opinion is a far superior turfgrass for playing football. Although not naturally as dense a few well times applications of primo and boom! Just as dense with a finer and softer more forgiving shoot and thstch layer. And for the record all warm season grasses go dormant that includes Bermuda. The field is over seeded with perennial rye it'll start this week and they will continue to add seed in with a topdressing mix throughout the season to fill holes in coverage.

no fake grass for me,just plant it and let it go,i want to see some good mud games,it is football,of course the offenses will be slowed down,heaven help them

Reactions: 2 people
I took a stadium/locker room tour back in April and the field look very rough. Dead spots everywhere especially in the end zones. The orange and white paint honestly covers up a lot haha. Put me down for artificial turf

Would like to know their fertilizer program, Bermuda holds the world together. Should look better than it does.

Reactions: 1 person
Flip on the NFL today.

Plenty of rough fields maintained by billion dollar organizations. Arrowhead for example has lots of bare/thin spots.

Far from a UT problem.

Part of me wonders if the EPA has banned a fertilizer that used to be popular or something.

Flip on the NFL today.

Plenty of rough fields maintained by billion dollar organizations. Arrowhead for example has lots of bare/thin spots.

Far from a UT problem.

Part of me wonders if the EPA has banned a fertilizer that used to be popular or something.

Two totally different climates and grasses

Two totally different climates and grasses

For the love of God....

I'm not talking about specific types of frigging grass.

Just pointing out that maintaining a natural field once a football season has started is not a simple task as some on here seem to believe.

For the love of God....

I'm not talking about specific types of frigging grass.

Just pointing out that maintaining a natural field once a football season has started is not a simple task.

Lol, not meaning to be defensive. But those two fields need different things. But in all honesty our field should look better considering the time of year and only two games being played on it

Lol, not meaning to be defensive. But those two fields need different things. But in all honesty our field should look better considering the time of year and only two games being played on it

2 games in 6 days?

I always much preferred grass over turf. Our main practice field and game field were turf and they get insanely hot. You used to have to pour water on your feet because it felt like they were burning up.

The field did look a little rough, but I prefer a rough looking grass field over a turf field any day of the week. It should look much, much better for Florida.

Reactions: 3 people
Frankly, I pay more attention to the play on the field than the condition of the grass. Doesn't the program have enough drama to focus on? Do we really want to ***** about the condition of the damned grass?

I always much preferred grass over turf. Our main practice field and game field were turf and they get insanely hot. You used to have to pour water on your feet because it felt like they were burning up.

The field did look a little rough, but I prefer a rough looking grass field over a turf field any day of the week. It should look much, much better for Florida.

Absolutely, artificial turf takes away from the game in my opinion. Wouldn't want to see it at Neyland again.

We don't have a dome, we aren't a HS with a small budget, and we aren't in Alaska. Leave it natural.

VN Store

Back