Ferguson Effect? Baltimore police numbers drop

As soon as one of them can afford to move into your neighborhood, property values will drop, more will be able to afford to move in, and you will move another 10 miles out. That is why Atlanta covers half the state of Georgia now.

It needs to take over the rest of the state and push the redneck conservative out.

Reactions: 1 person
that didn't work out very well in the Wire. It got out of hand

Uhh, it worked out very well, actually. The problem was society freaked out when they found out what was going on and he got fired.

If you want a real world example of that approach working, Jerry Wilson was the police chief in DC in the 1970s, and implemented very similar measures and things went very well.

They are dropping in overall population as more and more people move out of the city to safer environments. We're 30 miles north of Baltimore and our housing industry is booming as anyone who can afford to move is headed up here.

Which means the tax base in reset as those remaiing on our thr govt rolls and you have more detroits...

Less cops won't mean we drop the WoD. If we significantly reduce the WoD then we can have less cops though.

What's happening in Baltimore is not good. I've lived in an area with insufficient policing (poor area of town) and more cops would have definitely improved the lives of the majority of people there.

True
True
and True

We can be adults here and have an honest discussion. When you say "one of them", you mean blacks. Well, one easy solution to getting the black community fixed and simultaneously dropping crime would be to reverse liberal policies and restore the nuclear family. Remove welfare for single mom's and do away with child support. Those two things incentive women to have more kids with no father present and suffer no consequences.

Can't be done, any politician with the backbone to propose anything similar to what you are proposing would be branded a sexist, racist bigot by the main stream media.

I am just giving my observations from Atlanta, or the white flight from any major city. Plus, I agree totally with your comment about the nuclear family.

lol. when was the last time you were in Atlanta? People are moving INTO the city.

In the 2010 Census, Atlanta was recorded as the nation's fourth-largest majority-black city. It has long been known as a center of African-American political power, education, and culture, often called a black mecca.[106][107][108] African-American residents of Atlanta have followed whites to newer housing in the suburbs in the early 21st century. From 2000 to 2010, the city's black population decreased by 31,678 people, shrinking from 61.4% of the city's population in 2000 to 54.0% in 2010.[56][109]

At the same time, the white population of Atlanta has increased. Between 2000 and 2010, the proportion of whites in the city's population grew faster than that of any other U.S. city. In that decade, Atlanta's white population grew from 31% to 38% of the city's population, an absolute increase of 22,753 people, more than triple the increase that occurred between 1990 and 2000.[56][109][109][110]

wikipedia synopsis of Atlanta census.

Good. Police forces should move towards a policy of crime containment, not prevention. Keep it in the areas it exists while the rest of the civilized American's continue to lead peaceful lives.

you know that's exactly what happened in Baltimore? sure it helps in the short run but in the long run you get situations like this.

police free areas never work.

lol. when was the last time you were in Atlanta? People are moving INTO the city.

wikipedia synopsis of Atlanta census.

72 don't need no fancy statistics. His notions of what's going on are the truth because he thinks they are. Anecdotes and stuff.

72 don't need no fancy statistics. His notions of what's going on are the truth because he thinks they are. Anecdotes and stuff.
I used to live in Atlanta. I realize that the sprawl isn't technically Atlanta, but the population center has grown outward, due to white flight. It is also growing inward now.

I used to live in Atlanta. I realize that the sprawl isn't technically Atlanta, but the population center has grown outward, due to white flight. It is also growing inward now.

the "white flight" has to do with a lot more than there being "scary black people".

manufacturing jobs left the cities. Goodbye city people.
gas and land were/are cheap. goodbye city people.
less restrictions/more privacy. goodbye city people.

its funny now that the sprawl is killing itself. It takes longer to get to Atlanta than to travel in it. rejecting public transportation stopped development, now its being widely accepted that public transportation BRINGS in money to the surrounding areas.

its kinda of chicken and egg thing. The sprawl started when city land was too expensive and suburban land was cheap. Now that its cheap in the city (relatively) people are spending their money there and investing, heavily. and the city is helping itself by connecting neighborhoods, including the poor areas, and working with developers and creating an environment people want to live in. and yes that government is as about as liberal as you can get.

the "white flight" has to do with a lot more than there being "scary black people".

manufacturing jobs left the cities. Goodbye city people.
gas and land were/are cheap. goodbye city people.
less restrictions/more privacy. goodbye city people.

its funny now that the sprawl is killing itself. It takes longer to get to Atlanta than to travel in it. rejecting public transportation stopped development, now its being widely accepted that public transportation BRINGS in money to the surrounding areas.

its kinda of chicken and egg thing. The sprawl started when city land was too expensive and suburban land was cheap. Now that its cheap in the city (relatively) people are spending their money there and investing, heavily. and the city is helping itself by connecting neighborhoods, including the poor areas, and working with developers and creating an environment people want to live in. and yes that government is as about as liberal as you can get.

I've heard black people tell me they will never ride the public trans in Atlanta again because it was that bad..

I've heard black people tell me they will never ride the public trans in Atlanta again because it was that bad..

and here is a white person telling you I ride public transportation everyday because it is that good. I laugh at the traffic everyday on 85. and if by "bad" they mean there is a homeless guy, sure. never been bothered by one really; or maybe the "thugs" who are just as bored and sick of traffic like the rest of us.

if anything riding Marta has restored my faith in humanity. More people helping each other and interacting. Black "thugs" getting up for white grandmothers. White women helping black families get their luggage on the train. ride the train everyday and it will change how you see people. sure I still carry a knife when I never have before, but its not for the train or the bus ride.

What Baltimore is experiencing will spread far and wide now..... Cops aren't paid enough to put up with this kind of s***

As soon as one of them can afford to move into your neighborhood, property values will drop, more will be able to afford to move in, and you will move another 10 miles out. That is why Atlanta covers half the state of Georgia now.

Lol, have made many new friends with some good hard working Americans. Not scared about property values or skin color.

VN Store

Back