Feleipe Franks transferring to Arkansas (Vols play 10/31)

He will get his neck broke trying to set up in the pocket.OL is worse than we were 2 years ago!!

After beating us in 17 (this one hurt) and 18 we get a chance for a little payback in 2020!

Let's be Frank here, good move on his part and you can just about plan on Trask getting hurt once the transfer is complete.

I also hear Emory Jones may overtake him as starter. I personally didn't see much from Jones in games he played that I viewed.

Let's get that win over Arky before Sam Pittman turns that program around.

Gator here. Franks was not good. Mullen is a pretty good schemer, and he schemed around Franks' decifiencies very well. Our offense was lateral passes + occasional deep bombs. Which kept both his completion% and ypa relatively high.

Franks' weakness is between his ears. He just can't think fast. When he's forced to make a quick decision it's usually disastrous. I think he realizes that though, so usually when pressured he just runs. He won't even attempt to step up and make a throw anymore by the end of his career at Florida. He also stopped attempting passes over the middle where more reads and throws into smaller windows are required.

He's got a big arm, solid accuracy, and he's fairly fast though not very quick. If you don't ask him to make quick reads/decisions he can be a solid QB.

Gator here. Franks was not good. Mullen is a pretty good schemer, and he schemed around Franks' decifiencies very well. Our offense was lateral passes + occasional deep bombs. Which kept both his completion% and ypa relatively high.

Franks' weakness is between his ears. He just can't think fast. When he's forced to make a quick decision it's usually disastrous. I think he realizes that though, so usually when pressured he just runs. He won't even attempt to step up and make a throw anymore by the end of his career at Florida. He also stopped attempting passes over the middle where more reads and throws into smaller windows are required.

He's got a big arm, solid accuracy, and he's fairly fast though not very quick. If you don't ask him to make quick reads/decisions he can be a solid QB.

TE candidate who can chuck the ball 60 yards on a trick play?

Reactions: keithpowers
Good news IMO. Mainly because it probably means Arkansas is not getting D'Eriq King, who I'm much concerned about than Feleipe Franks.

Gators should've switched to Trask much sooner. Not that Franks isn't good enough to beat us, but he's very inconsistent and tends to perform poorly against top defenses. I actually think JG is better than Franks (albeit, it's close).

Welcome to the hurricane

I feel like Felipe is one of those QB's that are Bi-Polar, one game he looks like he is headed for Heisman. Then next game he cannot get out of his own way. He completed in the 50%'s in 17 & 18 but was at 76% completion rate in 2019.
So he would be the starter here since we go by stats or that's what I have read.
Sounds like JG in a nutshell, god I hate his inconsistency.

I watched that Miami game. Franks was bad. They barely won, and I think Gator D had ten sacks in the game. Even when he got completions, his receivers were diving or jumping for the ball. Nothing in stride. Didn't watch Kentucky, but I think UF was on the way to losing it before Franks got injured. Franks is a major reason why I think Mullen is overrated. Mullen came at a time when two of his three biggest rivals were at their lowest points. He could not capitalize on that with a championship season. He went with a QB as a starter that seemed to be very much outplayed by the backup. That's bad player assessment.

Well, UT is on an upswing, and I think the new FSU coach is leaps and bounds ahead of Tagart. Hard to talk smack about Florida, but I think they are heading for some dark years.
"...heading for some dark years", the Vols are going to be the cause of one of the darkest days they've had in a long time!!!

Reactions: CrybabyVol
I feel like Felipe is one of those QB's that are Bi-Polar, one game he looks like he is headed for Heisman. Then next game he cannot get out of his own way. He completed in the 50%'s in 17 & 18 but was at 76% completion rate in 2019.
So he would be the starter here since we go by stats or that's what I have read.

We've seen bipolar QBs on The Hill for some time other than Franks. I'm tickled Franks is taking his show to the Hogs and we get some time with him.

Sounds like JG.

Reactions: Remy
I feel like the Gators got substantially better once Franks got injured. Last year we solved Chimp. This year we solve Franks. It's an odd destination spot for him. Think he would have been smarter to go to a trash conference like the ACC or Big 12.

We saved UF's season.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
I haven't seen it mentioned he will have to sit a year so I'm guessing he's a Grad transfer??

He is a grad transfer, who I think Mullens told him that he was going with another qb next year is the reason for the transfer. I don't know this but believe that has happened. I wonder if pruitt has considered this on jg.

He was playing well. 76% 9.8 ypa 173.4 qb rating.

He may have been playing well, but at Arkansas his teammates will not be a bunch of 4 stars. As I stated about Kelly Bryant, I expect him to struggle with the drop in talent surrounding him.

Didn't think the Arkansas game could possibly get even easier but yet here we are lol

VN Store

Back