Feel Good Story of the Day . . . Robert Nelson

Sabanocchio

And it's getting overlooked by all the doom sayers and excuse makers. A guy that really wanted to be a Vol and was willing to WAIT to see if we had room, got his scholarship offer and will be running through the T in college.

Robert Nelson seems like a good kid and could be another Inky Johnson type player here that came in un-acclaimed and worked hard to prove himself. Congrats to you and your family, Robert. I know they're proud and I'm glad you're a Vol.

hell ya, hes the type of player i like and i'm extremely happy for him. heres to hoping he works his tail off and makes himself a star at UT

man im glad somebody brought this up!! I've been thinking this all day

I just heard his interview on the sports animal on the drive home and was about to say this exactly. success and nothing less Robert

Thanks for making this thread. He is exactly the type kid UT needs...he wants to be a Vol and we are so glad to have him. Welcome Mr. Nelson!

And it's getting overlooked by all the doom sayers and excuse makers. A guy that really wanted to be a Vol and was willing to WAIT to see if we had room, got his scholarship offer and will be running through the T in college.

Robert Nelson seems like a good kid and could be another Inky Johnson type player here that came in un-acclaimed and worked hard to prove himself. Congrats to you and your family, Robert. I know they're proud and I'm glad you're a Vol.

Great post Sab...

I said something similar on the other thread. It is a great example of a kid showing a staff and a fanbase that wearing orange means a lot to him.

What is overlooked is the kid had an offer on the table from Auburn too...

It's kids like this whose stories can unite fanbases and make it impossible not to root for him...
Posted via VolNation Mobile

He is probably more excited to be a Vol than anyone else that signed today. And the guy has it together. He knows his major, his minor. Knows UT is the best school around for what he wants to major in. I just get a feeling when his time at UT has come and gone, some of us are gonna be saying, "Hey, did you know Robert Nelson was a 3 star player?"

Anyone have a link to more details/back story on this? Other than him wanting to be a Vol... I don't pay for Rivals and would be interested to read.

Glad to have Mr. Nelson in Orange! Looking for BIG things from you a few year or two down the road!

That's what the Orange and White is all about....Congrats for Robert :salute:
When he looks back on this part of his life he'll never say "what if".......never can go wrong when chasing your dream. GO VOLS!!!

I caught him on the streaming radio feed and heard his comments that he's the first in his family to go to college. I also couldn't miss his projection to the All-American squad.

I said this in another thread already, we may not have gotten all of our targets, but we certainly got kids with confidence.

I'm pleased to see that these guys are going to be a part of the Vol family.

He has a great attitude from the way he handled everything. He could have went on the next school, after we made him wait. Welcome aboard Robert, glad to have you.

VN Store

Back