Fearless Conference Predictions

Why does Arkansas play such a trash non-con schedule every year? Are they just incapable of landing good home & homes or is it by design?

A lot of SEC teams are guilty of this, but for Arkansas it seems particularly egregious. They start conference play almost every year X-0 or X-1 beating up on cupcakes and doing nothing for their resume.

This year is really only due to COVID since Arkansas had games against Louisville, Oklahoma and @ Tulsa cancelled which would have been nice tests.

Last year had @ Indiana and @ Western Kentucky which were pretty solid games. Also had Tulsa at home and @ Georgia Tech but Tech wasn’t very good.

Two years ago played Texas, Indiana, Western Kentucky and Georgia Tech. Arkansas fans are as frustrated with this year’s OOC schedule as anyone but we do still have Oklahoma State in the SEC/Big 12 challenge. We’re starting a new series next year playing OU in Tulsa every year. Wish we could get a series with Memphis going again. They refused to play us when Calipari was there.

If Tennessee went undefeated in the SEC, I wouldn't be completely shocked. I doubt it will happen, but UT has the best chance to do it since UK did it about 5 or 6 years ago. That may say more about the rest of the SEC than UT, imo. Although, we are damn good, the SEC is ripe for the picking, this year. LSU scares me, tho
I feel good about being the SEC’s best team, and would predict we end up on top of the standings. I would be floored if we went undefeated in conference though. I mean that means we’d have one loss at most going into March, for the season. I think basketball is such a high variance sport, and one that is so reliant on officials’ calls, that unless you’re a truly dominant team, you’re not running the table in a major conference. I think we’re very good, I doubt we’re a dominant, all-time kind of team. Adding in that we’re a defense-oriented squad (i.e., not running away from teams necessarily), and Covid potentially shaking things up, not losing an SEC game would completely shock me. But we can hope, I would say we will be considered favorites in all of our conference games this year

I feel good about being the SEC’s best team, and would predict we end up on top of the standings. I would be floored if we went undefeated in conference though. I mean that means we’d have one loss at most going into March, for the season. I think basketball is such a high variance sport, and one that is so reliant on officials’ calls, that unless you’re a truly dominant team, you’re not running the table in a major conference. I think we’re very good, I doubt we’re a dominant, all-time kind of team. Adding in that we’re a defense-oriented squad (i.e., not running away from teams necessarily), and Covid potentially shaking things up, not losing an SEC game would completely shock me. But we can hope, I would say we will be considered favorites in all of our conference games this year
I think Tennessee will wind up being a #4 or #5 Seed in the 2021 NCAA Tournament.

UK now 1-6 but everyone keeps putting them at 3-4. They may finish 8 or 9 in the conference this year but there is a lot of trouble in Lexington!

Reactions: Border Vol
This year is really only due to COVID since Arkansas had games against Louisville, Oklahoma and @ Tulsa cancelled which would have been nice tests.

Last year had @ Indiana and @ Western Kentucky which were pretty solid games. Also had Tulsa at home and @ Georgia Tech but Tech wasn’t very good.

Two years ago played Texas, Indiana, Western Kentucky and Georgia Tech. Arkansas fans are as frustrated with this year’s OOC schedule as anyone but we do still have Oklahoma State in the SEC/Big 12 challenge. We’re starting a new series next year playing OU in Tulsa every year. Wish we could get a series with Memphis going again. They refused to play us when Calipari was there.

Bruh, C’mon

When the highlights of your non-con schedule last year are Western Kentucky, Georgia Tech and Tulsa...it’s questionable at best. Arky isn’t Ole Miss or something. They have a storied program.

but you answered the question when you said @WKU. If that’s the kind of home and homes being scheduled, I guess they are struggling to land them.

Reactions: cardvolfan
1. Tennessee
2. LSU
3. Mizzou
4. Arkansas
5. Kentucky
6. UGA
7. Alabama
8. Auburn
9. Florida
10. Texas A&M
11. South Carolina
12. Ole Miss
13. Mississippi State
14. Vanderbilt

If Tennessee went undefeated in the SEC, I wouldn't be completely shocked. I doubt it will happen, but UT has the best chance to do it since UK did it about 5 or 6 years ago. That may say more about the rest of the SEC than UT, imo. Although, we are damn good, the SEC is ripe for the picking, this year. LSU scares me, tho

It would completely shock me if we went undefeated. Think of all of the talented teams in the SEC the past few decades. We're bound to drop a few games even with all this talent. Heck, we might start 0-1. Mizzou is better than most give them credit for in my book.

The SEC is always seen as lesser than in basketball, but there are plenty of teams in the SEC this year who are deep enough and talented enough to beat us if we have an off night offensively.

It would completely shock me if we went undefeated. Think of all of the talented teams in the SEC the past few decades. We're bound to drop a few games even with all this talent. Heck, we might start 0-1. Mizzou is better than most give them credit for in my book.

The SEC is always seen as lesser than in basketball, but there are plenty of teams in the SEC this year who are deep enough and talented enough to beat us if we have an off night offensively.
Yes, I think no losses in SEC play would be near impossible in this day and age. Plus, if that happened, think of the pressure of 26 wins in a row (assuming we beat Kansas) going into tournament play.

I hope that a full conference schedule is played and I see Tennessee winning the regular season and conference tournament.

VN Store

Back