Fearless Conference Predictions

ColinS

Now that we are heading into conference play predict the final pecking order of the top half of the league.
1. TN
2. LSU
3. KY
4. Arkansas
5. Auburn
6. Miss
7. Alabama

Reactions: Volfan1000
How do you not have Mizzou in the top 3? The way they have played its the only team in the conference that looks like they belong on UTs level. Next level is Auburn ,Bama and Kentucky and then the field.

How do you not have Mizzou in the top 3? The way they have played its the only team in the conference that looks like they belong on UTs level. Next level is Auburn ,Bama and Kentucky and then the field.

Hate to say it but Georgia looks pretty good so far.

I’d have them right behind Missouri

I just see them coming back to earth. I could easily see teams like Missouri and Georgia who have had good non conference results prove me wrong. Very balanced league but everyone has a clean slate in conference and I think talent wins out in the end.

Reactions: Catbone
I just see them coming back to earth. I could easily see teams like Missouri and Georgia who have had good non conference results prove me wrong. Very balanced league but everyone has a clean slate in conference and I think talent wins out in the end.
I almost agree with you except that would mean Kentucky would compete with UT for the conference title and I just don't see them improving that much in this COVID season with such a small nonconference schedule. If I were to rank the SEC pre conference play it would be 1.Tennessee 2.Mizzou 3.Georgia 4.Auburn 5. Kentucky 6A Bama 6B Arkansas

1-Tennessee
2-LSU
3-Mississippi State
4-Auburn
5-Florida
6-Kentucky
7-Missouri
8-Arkansas
9-Texas A&M
10-Alabama
11-South Carolina
12-Ole Miss
13-Georgia
14-Vanderbilt

2021 SEC Tournament winner-Tennessee

Last edited:
I almost agree with you except that would mean Kentucky would compete with UT for the conference title and I just don't see them improving that much in this COVID season with such a small nonconference schedule. If I were to rank the SEC pre conference play it would be 1.Tennessee 2.Mizzou 3.Georgia 4.Auburn 5. Kentucky 6A Bama 6B Arkansas
I kind of see Ky climbing into the top 4 in the second half of the conference season and never being a threat to win it. There are a bunch of teams that could finish anywhere from top 4 in the league to bottom 4 in the league. Hard to predict.

Reactions: Border Vol
I believe Missouri will be Top 7, but I think it's unlikely they are Top 3.

I may be wrong but I would not have Auburn in top 7. They had to go to OT to beat Saint Joe a team we blew out by close to 50 points. App State played them tight ultimately losing by around 10 we beat App by 41 points. Auburn lost a ton of players. I guess everyone thinks Bruce will work miracles. Also they have self imposed ban on post season. I See them in the bottom 7.

I see Florida Top 7 as well. They won't have Johnson for the season, but they still have a wealth of talent. Insert Mike White and that tempers the talent a bit, though.

I see Florida Top 7 as well. They won't have Johnson for the season, but they still have a wealth of talent. Insert Mike White and that tempers the talent a bit, though.
Florida is just one of several teams that could go either way. I don't like their coach and they just lost their best player so I moved them down.

Now that we are heading into conference play predict the final pecking order of the top half of the league.
1. TN
2. LSU
3. KY
4. Arkansas
5. Auburn
6. Miss
7. Alabama
UK has 1 win. How do you put them 3? They will be 1-6 after Louisville boat races them today.

Could be a lot of parity in the SEC this year. And by that I mean, lots of middling teams win trading.

Not sure there will be much difference between the 3rd best SEC team and the 10th

Why does Arkansas play such a trash non-con schedule every year? Are they just incapable of landing good home & homes or is it by design?

A lot of SEC teams are guilty of this, but for Arkansas it seems particularly egregious. They start conference play almost every year X-0 or X-1 beating up on cupcakes and doing nothing for their resume.

Reactions: ColinS
Cuonzo martin will find a way to mess up their offense. I look for them to finish middle pack too. I do admit they look really good right now, I just have zero faith in Martin

1. TN
2. LSU
3. KY
4. Arkansas
5. Auburn
6. Miss
7. Alabama
Lets see how the Missouri games comes out next week. They may be better than Kentucky, Mississippi, and Arkansas.

If Tennessee went undefeated in the SEC, I wouldn't be completely shocked. I doubt it will happen, but UT has the best chance to do it since UK did it about 5 or 6 years ago. That may say more about the rest of the SEC than UT, imo. Although, we are damn good, the SEC is ripe for the picking, this year. LSU scares me, tho

VN Store

Back