Favorite piece of Vol memorabilia or collectible

I have several. Not here to take pictures due to remodeling/move right now.

Among my favorites:

Football autographed by Archie, Cooper, Peyton, and Eli Manning
Handwritten note from Pat Summitt
Autographed picture and hat - Eric Berry
Eagles football autographed by Derek Barnett
7F330227-F54C-46BA-B97D-69DC6065FE08.jpeg

I have a helmet from some player on the 01 team. I was an officer in Knoxville and worked with a couple former players. I was moving to Illinois and asked one of them who I knew stayed in touch with the program about getting official decals so I could make my own helmet. He told me he could probably get me a “shell” which is a helmet with no pads or face mask and I was giddy. He called me a couple days before I left and said he had something for me. I went to his apartment and he was in the front wearing a full helmet and face mask. He said he went and talked to the equipment manager about it and it was just before season when they were getting new helmets. Said he went over to a locker, grabbed the helmet off the shelf and handed it to him.
It sits proudly in my office, still dirty and sweaty looking.

Framed Tennessean front page of PF standing with the crystal football. Also like my framed piece of the checkerboard endzone. Then there is the baseball cap Peyton signed for my son. And the framed photo of Neyland Stadium I carried around 25 April 1992 at spring game and got Johnny Majors, Larry Lacewell, Heath Shuler, JJ McCleskey, and Phil Fulmer’s signature on.

I have Fulmers hat from the national championship Fiesta Bowl. I was sitting in the 2nd row of the end zone and as he left the field he stepped up on a golf cart and threw his hat into the stands. I leaned over and caught it.
Dude. that could be the greatest story ever heard! Hell yes!

A hat signed by all the main starters from the 98 team. Was signed before the season and I got it for Christmas.

Basketball signed by Pat Summitt and Candace Parker.

Picture signed by Pat Summitt.

1998 Basketball Program signed by Tamika Catchings and Chamique Holdsclaw.

Basketball signed by Chris Lofton, Tyler Smith and Wayne Chism

A piece of the goal post from the Auburn game in 1985 when they were #1. Carried it out of the stadium and down the street. The Fort Saunders Fire Department cut it up for us. My mom couldn't believe I was on the field helping tear the goal post down.

A piece of the goal post from the Auburn game in 1985 when they were #1. Carried it out of the stadium and down the street. The Fort Saunders Fire Department cut it up for us. My mom couldn't believe I was on the field helping tear the goal post down.
Besides ticket stubs mine is also a piece of the goalpost but from the ‘98 Florida game. We got 4th row and you had no choice but to end up on the field. One goalpost made it into the river but I wont say whether or not I was with it be cause it took an expensive camera and ambulance lights on its way out south endzone. Later we ended up finding the other set at the fire station in the fort cutting 2” rings for everyone. That was an amazing night but I still remember yelling at people to stop digging up turf.

My favorite was a helmet signed by the entire 1998 national championship team...however I lost it due to a break in and also lost a lot of other valuable memorabilia...I haven't found another one like it.

Reactions: SweetAsSodaPop
I used to have several items. My favorite was an autograph from Payton Manning. I lost everything in a house fire a few years ago. Starting from scratch is a tough one.

- Albert Haynesworth's "92"-marked glove from the Alabama win in Tuscaloosa in 1999...given to me when he returned with my orange "T" flag after running around the field with it to celebrate holding Su.Alexander and Co. to 7 points.

- Peyton Manning's hand towel from the Kentucky win in 1997 in which he threw for 523 yards, a single game UT passing record until 2012 (Bray vs Troy). He threw it into the stands afterwards and I managed to jump and snag it with an orange gloved hand (this can be seen in the Drive to the Dome VHS released later that year by the Vol Network).20181203_003529.jpg

Reactions: thedocvol
I'm a claw machine nut. My granddaughter got me hooked 4 or 5 years ago. I've won probably 4,000 plush.
I especially like to win UT related stuff. My oldest son has a lot of them in his man cave. There have been several versions of Smokey, Sock Monkeys, Bears, Peyton Mannings and many different licensed plush from cartoons and TV shows wearing UT jerseys or shirts. Also stocking caps and ball caps. Here are a few of the UT plush. My favorite is probably the Smokey with the football helmet and the football under his arm.

P1100610.JPGP1100611.JPGP1100608.JPGP1100612.JPGP1100613.JPGP1100615.JPG

I have a man cave full of memorabilia, but my FAVORITE pieces are:

Helmet signed by Peyton Manning
Helmet signed and personalized by Phil Fulmer
Picture signed and personalized by Pat Summitt
Picture signed by Doug Atkins

Personalized autographed pictures of Peyton Manning and Heath Shuler, personalized autographed cap by "Big Sexy" Kevin Nash, autographed picture of Pat Summitt

Besides ticket stubs mine is also a piece of the goalpost but from the ‘98 Florida game. We got 4th row and you had no choice but to end up on the field. One goalpost made it into the river but I wont say whether or not I was with it be cause it took an expensive camera and ambulance lights on its way out south endzone. Later we ended up finding the other set at the fire station in the fort cutting 2” rings for everyone. That was an amazing night but I still remember yelling at people to stop digging up turf.
I have a photo in my classroom of fans celebrating on the field after that game. One of my favorite non-autographed Vols photos.

VN Store

Back