Favorite Keto/Low Carb meals/recipies

@Freak, I do not know your age, but I recommend reading The Whole Body Reset by Heidi Skolnik and Stephen Perrine. It’s not just for old farts. If I’d started its dietary discipline in my 40s, I’d be a better me, now. The heart of it is protein timing and fiber - for men, 30 grams of protein each meal, 25 grams of fiber each day, whole foods instead of processed foods. Cruciferous veggies good, salty potato chips bad. Unsweetened tea and coffee good, soda pop bad (diet sodas bad). Avoid sugar. Pork rinds OK (the bbq ones making a comeback are a personal weakness).

Blueberries, 3/4 cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt, pecans - this is a surprisingly enjoyable breakfast.

Crunchy, fiber and mineral rich snack - nuts. I mix unsalted walnuts and almonds with salted cashews. Do not surrender salt, but eat less of it.

Exercise. Cardio and resistance. You don’t have to become a gym rat. I ride my bicycle 20+ miles twice a week and get resistance training using my own body weight while doing chores around the house and yard.

Nut butters good. Eat ‘em on slices of apples, bosc pears, pear apples. Choose basic nut butters (peanuts & salt) over super-processed ones with added sugars.

You might want to reduce your bread intake, and when you do eat bread, make it whole wheat, whole wheat based multigrain, or rye. When my recipe calls for wheat tortillas, I use whole wheat. It’s good.

Watch out for added sugars. Save sugars for the occasional indulgence - that bowl of ice cream or triple dark chocolate brownie.

Be healthy! Best of luck!
This is pretty much my diet.

Freak, I'm not totally keto, but that couple of months really helped me understand how to cut back on carbs. I dropped about 14 pounds of fat and have managed to keep it off. Lift 3 days, cardio 3 days. My only weakness really is late night liquid calories. With football season approaching, I'll have to be careful, LOL.

Reactions: Freak and Tin Man
This is pretty much my diet.

Freak, I'm not totally keto, but that couple of months really helped me understand how to cut back on carbs. I dropped about 14 pounds of fat and have managed to keep it off. Lift 3 days, cardio 3 days. My only weakness really is late night liquid calories. With football season approaching, I'll have to be careful, LOL.
It really hurt, but I’ve given up beer except for after a full day of yard work or during a cycling loop ride. Whiskey or wine approximately once per week. Yeah, this is most trying during football season. My motivation is to keep my triglycerides down.

Whole library of recipes all the way to Keto friendly desserts.

Reactions: the_todd and Freak
I’m doing 18/6 fast. Nothing after 8pm, eat at 2 the next afternoon. I’ll have a free day on a weekend day. Key is drinking a lot of water!!!

VN Store

Back