Favorite iteration of the SEC

What is your favorite iteration of the SEC

• Total voters
What is your favorite iteration of the SEC. Is it the current alignment or the future 16 team league. Are you more a traditionalist like I am and wish it could go back to the late 80's, early 90's line up. Do you have your own idea for other schools such as Clemson or VA Tech to join the conference? Please discuss.

I voted for the 10 but only because thats what i started my fanfom knowing.

What is your favorite iteration of the SEC. Is it the current alignment or the future 16 team league. Are you more a traditionalist like I am and wish it could go back to the late 80's, early 90's line up. Do you have your own idea for other schools such as Clemson or VA Tech to join the conference? Please discuss.
Will let you know as soon as I look up the word "iteration"

Reactions: Born a VOL
Guess I'm just old school. SOUTH EAST means South East in the USA.:) But it is what it is, we just gotta go win em all !! GBO
Technically, the USGS designated geographic center of the continental US is Agra, Kansas, so all the current SEC members plus future members Oklahoma and Texas are in the southeastern quadrant of the lower 48.

3EE8A8C000000578-4376342-image-a-1_1491244851322.jpg

I chose the 12 team with USC and Arky, but I am not opposed to a 16 team conference. The 16 teams just need to be east of the Miss river and south of the Mason/ Dixon to still be called the Southeastern Conference in my humble opinion.

I've always contended that to be in the SEC, the school's location should have been seceded from the US at some point. So I would send Missouri packing and install WVU in their slot (an actual eastern team).

Reactions: TatudVol
Technically, the USGS designated geographic center of the continental US is Agra, Kansas, so all the current SEC members plus future members Oklahoma and Texas are in the southeastern quadrant of the lower 48.

3EE8A8C000000578-4376342-image-a-1_1491244851322.jpg
Well I said I was old school!! :) :) Western Kansas is out west to me .

I will trade Missouri for West Virginia, and throw in Vanderbilt for boot. Then we can sign Florida St or Clemson to make it 16 and give the double bird to the big how ever many that doesn’t match their actual name.

SInce OK and Tejas haven't actually joined yet, how do we actually know what that SEC is like? Or are we just yelling at the clouds again ala Abe Simpson?

Reactions: VOLnVANDYland

Well, the current iteration has very little to do with the Southeastern United States. A sports conference that includes any school west of the Mississippi or north of the Mason-Dixon Line has no business calling itself Southeastern anything.

Reactions: Born a VOL
So no LSU? And WVU and Maryland are now options.
LSU JUST makes the cut! The campus is spitting distance to the east from the Mississippi River.

Also WVU in the SEC makes a hell of a lot more sense to me than Mizzou and Texas A&M. Maryland less so but if theyre in the region, theyre in the region.

I've always contended that to be in the SEC, the school's location should have been seceded from the US at some point. So I would send Missouri packing and install WVU in their slot (an actual eastern team).

WV seceded from VA because they wanted to stay Yankee. So boot them and add a VA team - Tech maybe. The only reason to possibly take UVA is to get the DC television crowd.

VN Store

Back