Favorite iteration of the SEC

What is your favorite iteration of the SEC

• Total voters

volsfan125

VOL to the core
What is your favorite iteration of the SEC. Is it the current alignment or the future 16 team league. Are you more a traditionalist like I am and wish it could go back to the late 80's, early 90's line up. Do you have your own idea for other schools such as Clemson or VA Tech to join the conference? Please discuss.

I sort of balked when Mizzou joined, and still haven’t fully accepted them lol
West Virginia would have been a better fit and they wanted in. I guess the St. Louis tv market was what bought Missouri an invite. It's hard to see what else they bring. I don't mind having somebody to beat 60-something to 24 every year though.

Let’s get wild with this thing! 32 Teams 😁

Texas
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
Kansas
Kansas State
Florida State
Miami
Clemson
Duke
North Carolina
North Carolina State
Georgia Tech
West Virginia
Virginia
Virginia Tech
Louisville
Tulane
Notre Dame

Reactions: Frozevol and MAD
Last edited:
I'm for progress, let's see how the league looks with TX and OK added in. I want to see the UT vs TX matchup firsthand. I cannot believe that 2 universities with the pedigree's UT and TX have that they have never played each other in football

I don't have a preference. I have known the SEC before Missouri and Texas A&M and then with them. No other configuration stands out as a core memory. Adding Oklahoma and Texas will make the conference and those schools stronger. Like it or not, super conferences are more than coming, it's just a couple more teams away. The entire landscape of college football will be different. In 40 years the conversation shifts to super conferences breaking up and restoring historic rivalries, people will say it would ruin CFB to return.

Last edited:
Let’s get wild with this thing! 32 Teams 😁

Texas
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
Kansas
Kansas State
Florida State
Miami
Clemson
Duke
North Carolina
North Carolina State
Georgia Tech
West Virginia
Virginia
Virginia Tech
Louisville
Tulane
Notre Dame

People clown, but an iteration like this is possible.
Then Ohio State, Michigan, USC, and the remaining CFB trash can keep the rose bowl

Davy Crockett looks like he’s trying to avoid peeing his pants.

Or he’s showing what it feels like to sit in a packed out Neyland. 😂
I like that the Gator is doing a sorority girl pose. Also, is it just me or does the Wildcat look like the Grinch?

Not a fan of Davy Crockett looking like Fat Bastard after going on the Subway diet.

West Virginia would have been a better fit and they wanted in. I guess the St. Louis tv market was what bought Missouri an invite. It's hard to see what else they bring. I don't mind having somebody to beat 60-something to 24 every year though.

St. Louis and Kansas City.

Reactions: EasternVol
My choice as well. This was perfection IMO. South Carolina should be in the ACC and Arkansas should still be in the old SWC with Texas and Oklahoma. Under this format in current day, every SEC team could play each other every year.

I voted for the 12-team version, simply because it led to an SEC Championship Game, which I like. But I was torn between that and the 10-team version. Back then, Georgia and Florida weren't rivals and we played them rarely. Our top annual rivals were Alabama, Auburn, Kentucky, Vanderbilt, and Ole Miss. And until 1988, we played Georgia Tech every year as a big non-con rival. I do miss all that. Plus, I thought the SWC was cool with Arkansas in it.

I'm for progress, let's see how the league looks with TX and OK added in. I want to see the UT vs TX matchup firsthand. I cannot believe that 2 universities with the pedigree's UT and TX have that they have never played each other in football
I want it to happen just to watch TX people’s heads explode when they realize thatvthey are not the real UT lol.. it used to always make me do a double take when I lived in Louisiana and UT meant Texas lol ..it was so, so wrong… Otherwise, I like how it was pre Mizzou, just about perfect and the actual southeast lol

Reactions: volsfan125
I voted for the 12-team version, simply because it led to an SEC Championship Game, which I like. But I was torn between that and the 10-team version. Back then, Georgia and Florida weren't rivals and we played them rarely. Our top annual rivals were Alabama, Auburn, Kentucky, Vanderbilt, and Ole Miss. And until 1988, we played Georgia Tech every year as a big non-con rival. I do miss all that. Plus, I thought the SWC was cool with Arkansas in it.

You failed to mention that Ga Tech and Tulane were once in the SEC conference.

I chose the 12 team with USC and Arky, but I am not opposed to a 16 team conference. The 16 teams just need to be east of the Miss river and south of the Mason/ Dixon to still be called the Southeastern Conference in my humble opinion.

VN Store

Back