Favorite Christmas Movie Thread

I'll be honest I have no clue what Nakatomi Plaza is, I'll guess it's in Die Hard though. Watching an action movie 1 time is more than enough for me, and I saw it last probably 10+ years ago. Lol

Are any of you into Christmas episodes of certain TV shows? I enjoy watching these almost as much as I do the Christmas movies. Here's some that I love to watch every year...

The Andy Griffith Show (The Christmas Story)
All In The Family (The Draft Dodger, Christmas Day At The Bunkers, Edith's Christmas Story)
Happy Days (Guess Who's Coming To Christmas)
The Brady Bunch (The Voice of Christmas)
Little House on the Prairie (Christmas At Plum Creek, A Christmas They Never Forgot, Merry Ingall's Christmas)
The Jeffersons (All I Want For Christmas)
Sanford and Sons (Ebenezer Sanford)
Taxi (A Full House for Christmas)
Mork and Mindy (Mork's First Christmas)
The Waltons (The Walton's Christmas)

There's probably a bunch more I'm not remembering.

Every Christmas episode of The Office.

Reactions: barknoxbrawler
One Christmas movie that has grown on me over the last couple of years is Christmas With The Kranks. I remember seeing it in the theater and walking away kind of "meh" about it but I've since seen it on TV and I've really warmed up to it. Jamie Lee Curtis is absolutely hilarious in this movie!

I watched Jingle Jangle and Klaus on Netflix last night. I enjoyed Klaus but I thought Jingle Jangle would be better for some reason. I had heard great things about it but I was kind of underwhelmed. The musical numbers were great, the movie is shot beautifully as it really popped on my 4K TV. But I thought the story and performances were just ok. Also its another one of those movies thats loosely disguised as a Christmas movie but it really has very little to do with Christmas.

Last year Stuff You Should Know Holiday Spectacular did a piece on Its A Wonderful Life.

It was apparently it was a flop when it originally came out and was mostly forgotten until it went into public domain in 1974. TV stations were looking for something to air on Christmas Day and it was free. Some started doing 24 hour marathons and this it became a Christmas Tradition... until 1993 when the movie studio was able to regain the rights from public domain in court. A year later NBC bought the rights and its been with them ever since.

Reactions: CagleMtnVol
Last year Stuff You Should Know Holiday Spectacular did a piece on Its A Wonderful Life.

It was apparently it was a flop when it originally came out and was mostly forgotten until it went into public domain in 1974. TV stations were looking for something to air on Christmas Day and it was free. Some started doing 24 hour marathons and this it became a Christmas Tradition... until 1993 when the movie studio was able to regain the rights from public domain in court. A year later NBC bought the rights and its been with them ever since.

Never cared for it honestly. It just doesn't feel like a Christmas movie to me. From around that same time period, I'm a much much bigger fan of A Holiday Affair and Miracle on 34th Street.

Never cared for it honestly. It just doesn't feel like a Christmas movie to me. From around that same time period, I'm a much much bigger fan of A Holiday Affair and Miracle on 34th Street.
I've never seen a Holiday Affair and I agree with Miracle on 34th Street (B/W version only)

I also really like the 1994 remake with Sir Richard "John Hammond" Attenborough, Elizabeth Perkins and Dylan McDermott.

VN Store

Back