Fauci-gate

I think the point is they wanted to kill their own aging and weak. I agree with the collateral damage assessment.
Oh I understood that point, I just don't agree with it or think it is plausible because of the potential of blowback and collateral damage. If they really wanted to get rid of the old and the weak, the more efficient way is how they are "allegedly" treating the Uighurs in western China.

Corrupt, maybe. Lying, probably. Anti-American, no way! Only someone who has never studied the Declaration of Independence, Constitution and the Bill of Rights would believe that.
And the Biden was your nominee is the main issue of rational.
Trump was as anti American as any president.

Got struck down by the SC a number of times, guns (bump stocks), wall, and ACA at least. That's not really American.

Budget was a lol.

Justified or not he did go after specific members of the media (whataboutism incoming).

Clearly you are the person who did not think this one through because you obviously have no idea what groupthink is or how detrimental it is in practice. It has nothing to do with half believing one thing and the other half believing something else as you suggest, it is when the consensus of a group makes an irrational decision due to their lack of critical thought. In this case, literally tens of millions of Republicans have made an asinine decision that Trump is the "true President" based on a lie - so, yes, they have cornered the market on groupthink as well as stupidity.

For future reference, the dumbest posts on this forum can be found in the Qanon thread, or pretty much anything you have ever posted.
So your poll of how many people (maybe 1,000?) with 53% responding one way is an example of the “consensus” of the Republican Party huh? Yeah ok genius. And I do know how dangerous groupthink is because we see it all the time with Dems and the MSM.

Reactions: NEO
There is just a half a million dead Americans. Something should happen.
This isn’t the first time Fauci has come out against already existing drugs in favor of potential new drugs at the expense of thousands of lives. He’s America’s #1 Pharmaceutical Rep.

Fauci refused to acknowledge the evidence and, according to one account, even encouraged people with AIDS to stop taking treatments, like Bactrim, that weren’t specifically approved for use in people with AIDS. Longtime treatment activist Richard Jefferys wrote in 2001 that Fauci “went as far as telling activists attending a 1987 meeting that there was no data to suggest PCP prophylaxis was beneficial and that it may, in fact be dangerous.” Fauci’s close colleague, Dr. Samuel Broder, who was head of the National Cancer Institute, even suggested — in the absence of any evidence at all — that the newly introduced antiretroviral, AZT, would make prophylaxis against PCP redundant!

Whitewashing AIDS History | HuffPost

Oh I understood that point, I just don't agree with it or think it is plausible because of the potential of blowback and collateral damage. If they really wanted to get rid of the old and the weak, the more efficient way is how they are "allegedly" treating the Uighurs in western China.
I think there's more chance with blowback in how they are treating the Uighurs. There is no plausible deniability, you must flat it deny it. Collateral damage isn't a concern for a government that sees unnecessary mouths to feed. Plus your get an automatic defender in the countries that had a hand in helping you develop the disease.

This isn’t the first time Fauci has come out against already existing drugs in favor of potential new drugs at the expense of thousands of lives. He’s America’s #1 Pharmaceutical Rep.

Fauci refused to acknowledge the evidence and, according to one account, even encouraged people with AIDS to stop taking treatments, like Bactrim, that weren’t specifically approved for use in people with AIDS. Longtime treatment activist Richard Jefferys wrote in 2001 that Fauci “went as far as telling activists attending a 1987 meeting that there was no data to suggest PCP prophylaxis was beneficial and that it may, in fact be dangerous.” Fauci’s close colleague, Dr. Samuel Broder, who was head of the National Cancer Institute, even suggested — in the absence of any evidence at all — that the newly introduced antiretroviral, AZT, would make prophylaxis against PCP redundant!

Whitewashing AIDS History | HuffPost
Not the biggest Fauci fan but to be fair initially when AZT the first antiretroviral that was somewhat a treatment came out in 1987 it was unclear if those taking the drug would also benefit from taking bactrim for prevention of PCP. It wasn’t until 1988 that the first good clinical trial among AIDS patients showed that those taking bactrim lived longer and it wasn’t until 12 months following the people in the AZT trial that it was shown that those people needed to take bactrim if they had AIDS. Also guidelines are written by a panel of experts and not one person. Here is the initial guidelines in 1989 outlining all of this.

Guidelines for Prophylaxis Against Pneumocystis carinii Pneumonia for Persons Infected with Human Immunodeficiency Virus
If you were diagnosed with AIDS in the 1980s and are alive today likely the reason you are is that you listened to Fauci, took AZT and were lucky to hold off the virus long enough so you could be put on better drugs in the mid 1990s.

Rand Paul is absolutely embarrassing Fauci and launching a criminal case against him. I really hope Fauci is held accountable for his crimes.

I don't like either of them. Can a quantum singularity open up and swallow them both during the first trial session?

I don't like either of them. Can a quantum singularity open up and swallow them both during the first trial session?
No, that’s make them both martyrs, would be better if they both got into a “slappy, slappy fight” where they both hit a capitol officer, were found guilty of a felony and went to jail humiliated

Reactions: AshG
Not the biggest Fauci fan but to be fair initially when AZT the first antiretroviral that was somewhat a treatment came out in 1987 it was unclear if those taking the drug would also benefit from taking bactrim for prevention of PCP. It wasn’t until 1988 that the first good clinical trial among AIDS patients showed that those taking bactrim lived longer and it wasn’t until 12 months following the people in the AZT trial that it was shown that those people needed to take bactrim if they had AIDS. Also guidelines are written by a panel of experts and not one person. Here is the initial guidelines in 1989 outlining all of this.

Guidelines for Prophylaxis Against Pneumocystis carinii Pneumonia for Persons Infected with Human Immunodeficiency Virus
If you were diagnosed with AIDS in the 1980s and are alive today likely the reason you are is that you listened to Fauci, took AZT and were lucky to hold off the virus long enough so you could be put on better drugs in the mid 1990s.
That’s the problem. Thinking that clinical double - blind, randomized trials are the end all be all. They’re great if they’re designed properly but there are other methods of evidence in their absence. When MD’s find something that is working, using their skills and training on a pathogen that almost leads to certain death, coming out against it because of the lack of trials comes across as tone-deaf at best, malicious at worst.
I could be wrong but I see a pattern with Fauci. He seems more concerned with introducing new drugs than saving lives with non-patented drugs and hiding behind the lack of clinical trials. In the meantime people are dying while waiting for the new wunder drug.

Reactions: Wireless1

VN Store

Back